Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2016 7:28:18 PM EDT
I'll be flying from Knoxville to VPS on vacation in a few weeks. We usually fly to Clearwater and have no trouble declaring a firearm in Knoxville or Clearwater. I was worried that VPS being part of Eglin AFB may be a different story. I hate to leave my gun at home but don't need any federal gun charges either. Any of you guys ever fly with a firearm from this airport?

Thanks, I tried Google and the flyvps.com website but didn't turn up much.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#1]
VPS is independent of Eglin AFB. Although they share the runway's, VPS is just as another airport. Eglin is on one side of the runways and the public airport is on the other side of the runways. You won't be going onto the base unless you want to. I could be wrong but working in the area and having flown in and out of there (never with a firearm though) I'm pretty sure that is the case.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
VPS is independent of Eglin AFB. Although they share the runway's, VPS is just as another airport. Eglin is on one side of the runways and the public airport is on the other side of the runways. You won't be going onto the base unless you want to. I could be wrong but working in the area and having flown in and out of there (never with a firearm though) I'm pretty sure that is the case.

View Quote

Yup, you're good.  Airport is separate and should have the standard firearms rules.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Good deal, thanks guys!
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Flown in and out of VPS with guns.  No problems.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#5]
You may even get to see the F-35's out doing their thing if you're lucky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top