Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2016 1:29:16 PM EDT
I support Wes White. I know him personally and he is definitely one of us in regards to his respect for and exercise of The Second Amendment as well as the fact that he could put himself in the position of a law abiding citizen acting in self defense and see that they receive proper consideration and that justice is served as it should be, not as the media would like to see it twisted. He has some excellent groundbreaking ideas that will help justice be served more efficiently and with reduced liability for LE (I really wish I could share some details, some of it is really genius. LE will love it). For me, it is not a matter of just getting Angela Corey out (that alone would be a huge win), but a matter of the decent half of society being legally served and protected as we should be at the State Attorney level. Wes White needs and deserves our support. He is a Constitutional Conservative and a protector of The Second Amendment. I implore you to have a closer look at him here.... http://www.weswhite.com/

In regards to Angela Corey, I voted for her previously and she has done nothing but disappoint me in her statements and actions on higher profile cases. I can say positively that I regret that vote more than any other I have made in my lifetime. She has repeatedly let the media flush her out and force her to make statements to appease them, has let the media shape the direction self defense cases have gone in and she has not been an ally to those acting in self defense against lowlifes. I think it is appropriate that you know some of those who are endorsing her and speak out. I stole the following statement from jax-cdn.com.

"Corey has received endorsements from Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams and Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler, as well as from Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry. On Wednesday, she received the endorsement of Republican City Councilman Sam Newby." Andrew Pantazi: (904) 359-4310

From the position of Law Enforcement, it would be unwise to speak out against a sitting State Attorney, so I can, to some degree, understand Sheriff Mike Williams' and Sheriff Rick Beasler's support of Corey, but they are not doing the law abiding public that might have to act in self defense any favors by doing so, in my opinion. A state of neutrality would be a better service to their communities at this point, in my opinion. I sincerely hope that they are not aligned with Angela Corey in thought. Personally, I do not think they are and I would lean toward their support being in an act of affording some consideration for their departments in light of recent unfortunate events and actions.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I support Wes White. I know him personally and he is definitely one of us in regards to his respect for and exercise of The Second Amendment as well as the fact that he could put himself in the position of a law abiding citizen acting in self defense and see that they receive proper consideration and that justice is served as it should be, not as the media would like to see it twisted. He has some excellent groundbreaking ideas that will help justice be served more efficiently and with reduced liability for LE (I really wish I could share some details, some of it is really genius. LE will love it). For me, it is not a matter of just getting Angela Corey out (that alone would be a huge win), but a matter of the decent half of society being legally served and protected as we should be at the State Attorney level. Wes White needs and deserves our support. He is a Constitutional Conservative and a protector of The Second Amendment. I implore you to have a closer look at him here.... http://www.weswhite.com/

In regards to Angela Corey, I voted for her previously and she has done nothing but disappoint me in her statements and actions on higher profile cases. I can say positively that I regret that vote more than any other I have made in my lifetime. She has repeatedly let the media flush her out and force her to make statements to appease them, has let the media shape the direction self defense cases have gone in and she has not been an ally to those acting in self defense against lowlifes. I think it is appropriate that you know some of those who are endorsing her and speak out. I stole the following statement from jax-cdn.com.

"Corey has received endorsements from Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams and Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler, as well as from Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry. On Wednesday, she received the endorsement of Republican City Councilman Sam Newby." Andrew Pantazi: (904) 359-4310

From the position of Law Enforcement, it would be unwise to speak out against a sitting State Attorney, so I can, to some degree, understand Sheriff Mike Williams' and Sheriff Rick Beasler's support of Corey, but they are not doing the law abiding public that might have to act in self defense any favors by doing so, in my opinion. A state of neutrality would be a better service to their communities at this point, in my opinion. I sincerely hope that they are not aligned with Angela Corey in thought. Personally, I do not think they are and I would lean toward their support being in an act of affording some consideration for their departments in light of recent unfortunate events and actions.
View Quote

I would like to see these ideas. Why would it be a secret? When you say less liability, do you mean civil liability, or do you mean it will be safer to LE?

I personally know both Angela and Melissa very well. I do not know Wes personally. I do, however, know many people who worked in the SAO in Nassau Co. during his tenure, as well as most of the high level figures currently at the SAO. None of those I have spoken with speak very highly of Wes in terms of ability to lead the SAO 4th. I also question whether someone with less than three years experience as a prosecutor can handle that job.

I disagree on the self-defense issue. I know of quite a few self defense shootings over the last several years that have been investigated and not filed. I think Angela was against stand your ground, but I'm fairly certain it was due to the fact that it is being used mostly by drug dealers.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would like to see these ideas. Why would it be a secret? When you say less liability, do you mean civil liability, or do you mean it will be safer to LE? Both. They are his ideas, not mine, so I will let him be the one to share them when it is appropriate.

I personally know both Angela and Melissa very well. I do not know Wes personally. I do, however, know many people who worked in the SAO in Nassau Co. during his tenure, as well as most of the high level figures currently at the SAO. None of those I have spoken with speak very highly of Wes in terms of ability to lead the SAO 4th. I also question whether someone with less than three years experience as a prosecutor can handle that job.

I disagree on the self-defense issue. I know of quite a few self defense shootings over the last several years that have been investigated and not filed. I think Angela was against stand your ground, but I'm fairly certain it was due to the fact that it is being used mostly by drug dealers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would like to see these ideas. Why would it be a secret? When you say less liability, do you mean civil liability, or do you mean it will be safer to LE? Both. They are his ideas, not mine, so I will let him be the one to share them when it is appropriate.

I am not alone in my assessment and view of Corey's performance on the self defense issue. She has totally lost a lot of voters. We still have the right to disagree until the 1st Amendment is perverted and eroded to the point of it losing its meaning.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I am not alone in my assessment and view of Corey's performance on the self defense issue. She has totally lost a lot of voters. We still have the right to disagree until the 1st Amendment is perverted and eroded to the point of it losing its meaning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dont worry the liberals/democraps need to remove the 2nd 1st than they will go full tilt on the 1st.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Three years as an ASA and he thinks he's qualified? That's scary.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:46:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Some info from his site...

PROSECUTOR
Wes White's first trial as a prosecutor and an assistant state attorney was the retrial of a first degree murder case. David Eugene Johnson had been charged with using a butcher knife to kill a 64-year-old woman. Johnson had been tried before, but the case had ended with a deadlocked jury. After closing arguments in the retrial, the jury returned its verdict of guilty in less than three hours. Wes White had his conviction, and the newly elected State Attorney had her first major trial victory less than two weeks after taking her oath of office.

DIRECTOR
In January of 2009, Wes was appointed to serve as an assistant State Attorney, and served as the director of the Nassau County office. In that dual capacity, he was part of the State Attorney's management team for the entire Circuit, and had principal responsibility for all prosecutions within Nassau County. Additionally, he was responsible for the professional development of the young prosecutors in the Nassau office.

LITIGATOR
Prior to 2009, his professional career centered on complex civil litigation and, less frequently, civil rights litigation.

COMMUNITY & FAMILY
Wes is involved with various civic organizations. He is a Rotarian, the immediate past Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Ark of Nassau (formerly, the Association for Retarded Citizens of Nassau County), and serves on the board of the Five Star Veterans Center in Jacksonville. Wes and his wife Pat have three children and two grandchildren!

EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL LICENSES
Wes graduated magna cum laude from the University of Miami and then entered law school at the University of Florida at 19. He worked his way through law school, was on Law Review, and graduated from law school with honors. He was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1979. Wes is admitted to practice before the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, as well as the 5th and the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:23:49 AM EDT
[#6]
wes has spoken on a local talk show several times, and I think he's been well received.

there were things done to benefit the corey campaign, that appear to not be on the up and up.

a write in candidate kenny leigh had campaign paper work filed by corey's campaign manager, alexander pantinakis. he personally drove to tallahassee to file the paper work.

by the filing of leigh, it caused the election to be limited by party affiliation, rather than open to any voter, thereby benefiting corey.

though a suit to reopen the election to all voters was filed, it was judge that it did not matter why leigh was filed to run, so the suit was dismissed.

wbob and bill hay of the I'm speaking plainly political talk show, saturdays, is again sponsoring a meet the candidates event where you may talk to many of the candidates, for various offices.

in addition,  bill has had many of the candidates on his talk show to talk about their views and opinions, and there are podcast of the show available,

the event is here

https://www.go.connect.facebook.com/600WBOB/posts/1274005095961354

i don't remember if wes is going to be at the event.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Melissa Nelson

Above is Melissa's profile from McGuire Woods. When looking for it, I came across a news link stating that she had been endorsed by the NRA.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Florida Carry's General Counsel, who is a Jacksonville based attorney, is also personally supporting Melissa Nelson.
Latest Poll

Florida Carry vehemently opposes Angela Corey due to multiple prosecutions by her office of people who acted in clear cases of self-defense.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
wes has spoken on a local talk show several times, and I think he's been well received.

there were things done to benefit the corey campaign, that appear to not be on the up and up.

a write in candidate kenny leigh had campaign paper work filed by corey's campaign manager, alexander pantinakis. he personally drove to tallahassee to file the paper work.

by the filing of leigh, it caused the election to be limited by party affiliation, rather than open to any voter, thereby benefiting corey.

though a suit to reopen the election to all voters was filed, it was judge that it did not matter why leigh was filed to run, so the suit was dismissed.

wbob and bill hay of the I'm speaking plainly political talk show, saturdays, is again sponsoring a meet the candidates event where you may talk to many of the candidates, for various offices.

in addition,  bill has had many of the candidates on his talk show to talk about their views and opinions, and there are podcast of the show available,

the event is here
https://www.go.connect.facebook.com/600WBOB/posts/1274005095961354

i don't remember if wes is going to be at the event.

View Quote

The rabbit hole goes deep with Corey, on many levels.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Wes White is excellent. There's no doubt in my mind about that. I have had the great opportunity to sit down with him and talk prosecution at length. And the people around him are among the best people I know. I have yet to sit down with Melissa Nelson, but I know the people around her are also excellent. Honestly--either of these two would make excellent replacements for Angela Corey.

It was a difficult and personal decision, but I am most likely voting for Nelson. When it comes down to it, they are both excellent choices. Angela needs to be replaced. And, frankly, I just believe Nelson has the best chance. I would genuinely love to see Wes and Nelson work together.

You can't go wrong with either, and I am not going to advocate for one over the other. We need new blood in that office more than people know.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Three years as an ASA and he thinks he's qualified? That's scary.
View Quote

~30 years as a lawyer.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#12]
My opinions, feel free to agree or disagree.....
I was at the recent debate. As far as Nelson goes, it is hard for me to want to support a candidate who admitted that a year ago she had no clue she was going to run for SA (I heard that live straight from her mouth and was shocked) and suddenly bought her way into the race instead of collecting petitions. It is hard for me to trust that she has the conviction to do the position and the citizens any justice. wjhat are her true motivations? I want someone who has shown a strong desire to earn that position. Wes White collected enough petitions to qualify in all 3 counties TWICE. Due to a very minor error on the first petition forms he submitted he had to start over, and still got in. He is not a quitter and doesn't mind busting his ass to get there.

As I understand it, Nelson has no significant management experience and does not even manage her own firm. She also received upwards of $600k worth of donations in fairly short order and I find that concerning. Large amount donors always expect something in return. Do we really want to, in essence, sell the courthouse? Democrat Harry Shorstein is endorsing her and it makes me wonder what he wants in return or is she more politically aligned with his liberal views? It is one of the two, but which one? I'm not interested in electing her to find out. She also spoke at that debate with platitudes and not much real substance when you pulled away the "feel good" from it. It reminded me of obama's first run for the White House. After seeing that debate, I realize that Nelson is not quite what her commercials would make her out to be and it has left me to wonder what is really motivating her. She also would not give any clarity on how long she had been an NRA member and it made me wonder what the basis of her NRA endorsement was about. Honestly, if it came down to Corey and Nelson, I'd rather see Corey stay in despite my utter disdain for many of her actions and overall distrust for her. At least I know what to expect from Corey. I didn't think I would see it that way, but that is where I am.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was at the recent debate. As far as Nelson goes, it is hard for me to want to support a candidate who admitted that a year ago she had no clue she was going to run for SA (I heard that live straight from her mouth and was shocked) and suddenly bought her way into the race instead of collecting petitions. It is hard for me to trust that she has the conviction to do the position and the citizens any justice. wjhat are her true motivations? I want someone who has shown a strong desire to earn that position. Wes White collected enough petitions to qualify in all 3 counties TWICE. Due to a very minor error on the first petition forms he submitted he had to start over, and still got in. He is not a quitter and doesn't mind busting his ass to get there.

As I understand it, Nelson has no significant management experience and does not even manage her own firm. She also received upwards of $600k worth of donations in fairly short order and I find that concerning. Large amount donors always expect something in return. Do we really want to, in essence, sell the courthouse? Democrat Harry Shorstein is endorsing her and it makes me wonder what he wants in return or is she more politically aligned with his liberal views? It is one of the two, but which one? I'm not interested in electing her to find out. She also spoke at that debate with platitudes and not much real substance when you pulled away the "feel good" from it. It reminded me of obama's first run for the White House. After seeing that debate, I realize that Nelson is not quite what her commercials would make her out to be and it has left me to wonder what is really motivating her. She also would not give any clarity on how long she had been an NRA member and it made me wonder what the basis of her NRA endorsement was about. Honestly, if it came down to Corey and Nelson, I'd rather see Corey stay in despite my utter disdain for many of her actions and overall distrust for her. At least I know what to expect from Corey. I didn't think I would see it that way, but that is where I am.
View Quote

Melissa certainly had management experience while at the State Attorney's Office. The fact that she doesn't manage McGuire Woods is no surprise: it is one of the largest law firms in the United States and has over a thousand attorneys.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 12:19:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Melissa certainly had management experience while at the State Attorney's Office. The fact that she doesn't manage McGuire Woods is no surprise: it is one of the largest law firms in the United States and has over a thousand attorneys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did she manage?

You misunderstood or read into it what you wanted to. Read the blue highlighted again. I was not stating that she formed McGuire Woods and does not manage it.

As far as her NRA endorsement goes, I can't find a single thing anywhere from her or the NRA that touts how long she has been a NRA member. Nothing. If it was worth mentioning it would have been mentioned. To add to that, I can't find a single thing that directly ties the NRA-ILA or sitting NRA president to an endorsement or even a mention of Melissa Nelson, only that the "past president" of the NRA endorses her. I can't help but wonder if she bought her way into that too. Assuming a past president could speak for the current administration of the NRA as a whole, including the sitting president, Wes White should have received that endorsement. He was a NRA member and supporter of the Second Amendment in his actions long before it became politically convenient for him. This isn't the first time the NRA has done something that I do not agree with, as many of you likely agree.

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#15]
She was a DC at the SAO, which would mean she managed a division of attorneys, paralegals and secretaries.

If I read your post wrong, my apologies. It reads like you are faulting her for not managing Mcguire Woods, given that is where she practices. However, I find the fact that she has made it at a place like McGuire Woods at least as impressive as had she left the state and formed her own firm. Read up on what the managing partner, Cullen I believe, has to say about her.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Wally, I understand. Thank you.

A little about Melissa Nelson's "NRA" endorsement that she is touting in her commercial....

I contacted the NRA with the following simple inquiry....
Me: Does the NRA, as a whole, endorse Florida 4th district state attorney candidate Melissa Nelson?

and received this reply....
NRA (whoever was managing their comms): Our ratings and endorsements have not been finalized for this year's elections in Florida. Stay tuned to www.nrapvf.org for all candidate grades and endorsements.

She is touting "A rated", "NRA endorsed", and the NRA hasn't rated or endorsed  for Florida yet
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Endorsement

I checked out the political victory fund webpage, and according to it, there isn't a pending election in Florida. It may be that the NRA's right hand isn't aware of what it's left hand is doing. Multiple news outlets have reported Nelson was endorsed by the NRA. It's not just her campaign touting this. There are direct quotes from Marion Hammer in the above article. Marion Hammer isn't some hack. She is one of the leading NRA lobbiests and to the best of my knowledge is still on the BoD of the NRA.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:32:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I have seen that and I have seen the news outlets regurgitating it like they do everything else that they think will catch our attention. Still, I can't find anything directly from the NRA mentioning it and I can't even find the most minute evidence that Melissa Nelson had anything to do with the NRA before it became politically convenient, or if she even bothered becoming a member lately. She is not one of us and if she wasn't running for office her name and NRA would not be used in the same paragraph, let alone in the same sentence.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have seen that and I have seen the news outlets regurgitating it like they do everything else that they think will catch our attention. Still, I can't find anything directly from the NRA mentioning it and I can't even find the most minute evidence that Melissa Nelson had anything to do with the NRA before it became politically convenient, or if she even bothered becoming a member lately. She is not one of us and if she wasn't running for office her name and NRA would not be used in the same paragraph, let alone in the same sentence.
View Quote

I think you don't know what you're talking about. If you support Wes, then great--he's an excellent person and would make a great state attorney. I think the same of Melissa. But that you would even consider supporting Angela tells me a heck of a whole lot. I think Wes himself would tell you to vote for Melissa if you did not vote for him (NOTE: that is my opinion--I have never heard Wes say anything like that.).
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Think what you want. I am not the only one whose opinion is Nelson will be worse than Corey. You would be mistaken on that last part, I guarantee it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#21]
The bottom line in all of this is that Wes White doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the election. He simply does not have the backing or name recognition to do it. He is running a distant 3rd with one and a half months to go.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 11:39:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The bottom line in all of this is that Wes White doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the election. He simply does not have the backing or name recognition to do it. He is running a distant 3rd with one and a half months to go.
View Quote

Money winning the race is the problem these days and our institutions are becoming timeshares for interested high dollar donors. The candidate wins, owes them, and the high dollar donors essentially own the joint. The race is not over and I hope for the good of the community that money does not win it.

I urge anyone who is going to vote for 4th District State Attorney to please watch the debates and get to know the candidates before you decide who you will vote for. The next one on Channel 4 will be good, I'm sure. There are podcasts available from the last debate (7-2-16) on the I'm Speaking Plainly show with Bill Hay.
http://www.radiopodcastcentral.com/im-speaking-plainly-podcasts/
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#23]
FYI, NRA did in fact endorse Melissa Nelson. NRA endorses Melissa Nelson

I am casting my vote for Melissa. I would encourage each of you to do the same. I would also encourage you to vote for Charlie Cofer in the Public Defender's race.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#24]
VOTERS, THIS IS IMPORTANT, WHOEVER WINS THE PRIMARY WILL BE THE ONLY CANDIDATE ON THE BALLOT IN NOVEMBER

I encourage those of you who are going to vote in the SAO primary to go to or watch a debate and see Nelson debate before voting for her. You will know exactly what I am talking about if you have anything between your ears. Lots of vague feelgood, deflection, shifts to Corey's record, and with no real substance. It reminds me of Obama and Hillary, same democrat tactics. If you decide to go and your main goal is to see Nelson, don't worry about being on time, she has been late to the last two debates, so you won't miss anything. I'm sure there is some lame ass excuse for it, but Corey and White manage to get there on time driving down the same publicly available roads we all drive on. We will all be there waiting for her to show up, so we can start. There is a debate coming up soon that will be on channel 4, watch it! There is more than meets the eye with Nelson and she is not at all what the advertisements and NRA endorsement would make you think. Sure, she hits all of the talking points and tries to sound like a real conservative, but there is nothing there of substance. One of her most noteworthy backers is DEMOCRAT Harry Shorstein. Was her run for the SAO Harry's idea? Why are Obama and Hillary supporters flocking to Nelson? Is she the most democrat of the republicans? Think about that. How are they all aligned? What has she promised the 10 donors who gave a minimum of $25,000 to her campaign ($525,000 total from 10 people)? Are we selling the keys to the courthouse by voting for her? What do they gain in return for their financial support? Who is on the losing end of their gain this time? Tri-care, Veterans, Military personnel, their families, taxpayers? Who loses with her as SA? The losers won't be any of these 10 businessmen who have invested in her run. Do we really want to find out?

As I understand it, Nelson isn't even a NRA member, so that endorsement means nothing more to me than someone (a lobbyist) did someone (a lawyer) a favor. If you are not going to watch or attend a debate, please do not vote based on advertisements with nothing more than a skimming of conservative sounding talking points and hollow feel good platitudes. Wes white has been an NRA member since long before it may have been politically convenient and he is a man who could easily put himself in our shoes should we ever have to defend ourselves with lethal force. Consider that.

WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT NELSON BEFORE VOTING? YOU SHOULD....
Go here, here, and here to find out more about Melissa Nelson's "experience". You won't like it. After you get pissed off about all of that, go read this, to finish off the idea that you were going to vote for Nelson. Some of her actions are shocking and the way she is always spouting out about "transparency", "integrity", etc. with a straight face is chilling. She should practice what she preaches.

Sorry Wally, I can't sit idly by and watch this happen. I'd sooner see Corey stay than allow Nelson to be at the helm of the SAO. You should have saved the NRA endorsement gloat

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#25]
It's not a gloat. It's a fact that most here can appreciate, and that you denied vehemently. Oh and paid for advertisements by desperate candidates are always a reliable source of info. BY the way, just WTF does a state attorney have to do with tri-care? Much of your post is completely uninformed/ignorant.

The reason Melissa has the backing of all of the folks she does is because she is the only person who has a shot at unseating Angela Corey. Democrats and many republicans are aligned on that point. And it's no secret that Harry Shorstein does not like Angela Corey. He fired her, and she had his son fired. It would make sense that he supports Melissa. Again, she's the only person who can beat Angela.

If any of you who do not know Melissa and Angela would like to discuss them and not simply post smear ads, I am happy to. PM me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Sources that prove I am uninformed? All you have done is discredit with no foundation. Prove it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sources that prove I am uninformed? All you have done is discredit with no foundation. Prove it.
View Quote

How about your linking a state attorney's race to tri-care, for starters?
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's not a gloat. It's a fact that most here can appreciate, and that you denied vehemently. Oh and paid for advertisements by desperate candidates are always a reliable source of info. BY the way, just WTF does a state attorney have to do with tri-care? Much of your post is completely uninformed/ignorant.

The reason Melissa has the backing of all of the folks she does is because she is the only person who has a shot at unseating Angela Corey. Democrats and many republicans are aligned on that point. And it's no secret that Harry Shorstein does not like Angela Corey. He fired her, and she had his son fired. It would make sense that he supports Melissa. Again, she's the only person who can beat Angela.

If any of you who do not know Melissa and Angela would like to discuss them and not simply post smear ads, I am happy to. PM me.
View Quote

Angela did not fire Harry's son.  Harry's son worked in the St. Johns County State Attorneys Office under Tanner.  His firing was certainly BS and he should have never lost his job.  Harry and Tanner hate each other over a long term investigation that occurred while both Harry and Tanner were in office.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I was under the impression that the pot got stirred in part due to Angela's treatment and her subsequent employment in St Johns. Apologies if that was incorrect.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$10 million settlement in Jacksonville prescription case part of $2 billion fraud probe
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2016-02-11/story/10-million-settlement-jacksonville-prescription-case-part-2-billion#
There's your start.

Prove that i am uninformed.... stop with the simple naysaying and PROVIDE PROOF.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize I am the only person providing anything of substance in this discussion.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Angela did not fire Harry's son.  Harry's son worked in the St. Johns County State Attorneys Office under Tanner.  His firing was certainly BS and he should have never lost his job.  Harry and Tanner hate each other over a long term investigation that occurred while both Harry and Tanner were in office.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll back that up....

From http://www.thetruemelissanelson.com/abuse-of-power ....
On June 26, 2006, Governor Jeb Bush appointed State Attorney Harry Shorstein for the sole purpose of investigating the treatment of inmates at the Flagler County Jail. On September 27, 2006, Harry Shorstein designated Melissa Nelson as the Assistant State Attorney to handle the “investigation, prosecution, and representation of the State of Florida” in that matter.

Despite specific orders from Governor Bush, Melissa Nelson abused her power and used the grand jury investigation of the Flagler County Jail to launch an investigation of State Attorney, John Tanner, a political enemy and nemesis of her boss, Harry Shorstein. Shortly before this grand jury investigation, John Tanner fired Harry Shorstein’s son.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

$10 million settlement in Jacksonville prescription case part of $2 billion fraud probe
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2016-02-11/story/10-million-settlement-jacksonville-prescription-case-part-2-billion#
There's your start.

Prove that i am uninformed.... stop with the simple naysaying and PROVIDE PROOF.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize I am the only person providing anything of substance in this discussion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's your start.

What does the fact that Melissa Nelson represented those doctors in a civil case have to do with how tri-care would be affected by Melissa Nelson as state attorney? Absolutely nothing. Melissa Nelson had nothing to do with defrauding tri-care. She was hired to defend the doctors after it had occurred. How are you so dense that you don't recognize that it has literally nothing to do with this election? By your logic, the fact that she was hired to defend FSU in the Title 9 proceedings should be read to mean that she advocates rape.

I'm sure all of Wes White's clients were lily white.

You aren't providing facts. You are providing links to campaign advertisements that are half and full lies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top