Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2016 10:58:13 AM EDT
I applied for my CCW over six months ago and today I finally get a letter in the mail.

Blah, blah, blah, since it has been over 180 days since you submitted your prints you need to do it again. Oh and don't forget to pay the $42 fee again

Anyone heard of such BS before?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I did that six months ago, the fact that I have to do it again AND pay the fee because of their incompetence is BS as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#3]
don't know where you went but regional fdacs office is your friend.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I applied for my CCW over six months ago and today I finally get a letter in the mail.

Blah, blah, blah, since it has been over 180 days since you submitted your prints you need to do it again. Oh and don't forget to pay the $42 fee again

Anyone heard of such BS before?
View Quote

Call Tallahassee Monday.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Assuming you sent everything in they are in violation of Florida statute. We are a shall issue state and they have 90 days to issue or deny. Unless you fall into the last category below.

Call the Tally office and tell them they are in violation. It worked for my wife when they were at 120 days with hers.

c) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall, within 90 days after the date of receipt of the items listed in subsection (5):

1. Issue the license; or

2. Deny the application based solely on the ground that the applicant fails to qualify under the criteria listed in subsection (2) or subsection (3). If the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services denies the application, it shall notify the applicant in writing, stating the ground for denial and informing the applicant of any right to a hearing pursuant to chapter 120.

3. In the event the department receives criminal history information with no final disposition on a crime which may disqualify the applicant, the time limitation prescribed by this paragraph may be suspended until receipt of the final disposition or proof of restoration of civil and firearm rights.

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
don't know where you went but regional fdacs office is your friend.
View Quote

I went to the regional office in West Palm.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:59:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Assuming you sent everything in they are in violation of Florida statute. We are a shall issue state and they have 90 days to issue or deny. Unless you fall into the last category below.Call the Tally office and tell them they are in violation. It worked for my wife when they were at 120 days with hers.

c) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall, within 90 days after the date of receipt of the items listed in subsection (5):1. Issue the license; or
2. Deny the application based solely on the ground that the applicant fails to qualify under the criteria listed in subsection (2) or subsection (3). If the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services denies the application, it shall notify the applicant in writing, stating the ground for denial and informing the applicant of any right to a hearing pursuant to chapter 120.
3. In the event the department receives criminal history information with no final disposition on a crime which may disqualify the applicant, the time limitation prescribed by this paragraph may be suspended until receipt of the final disposition or proof of restoration of civil and firearm rights.

View Quote

Which statute did you pull that from?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Here

Down at the bottom...6c
Sound to me they lost something, or someone didn't do their job.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Assuming you sent everything in they are in violation of Florida statute. We are a shall issue state and they have 90 days to issue or deny. Unless you fall into the last category below.Call the Tally office and tell them they are in violation. It worked for my wife when they were at 120 days with hers.
c) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall, within 90 days after the date of receipt of the items listed in subsection (5):1. Issue the license; or

Can't hot link from phone but here you go.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.06.html

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I did that six months ago, the fact that I have to do it again AND pay the fee because of their incompetence is BS as far as I'm concerned.
View Quote

It is, definitely.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#12]
This was for a new CCW application and not a renewal of an existing CCW?
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Might pay you to invoke the hearing clause..............it WILL get some attention in the DOA office...........

Personally, I'd call the Tall. office first, and then document that with written, certified notice.   Copies to Adam Putnam and Gov. Scott.    I would NOT pay an additional fee and if I had to would prefer to spend the money on an attorney!

Have a friend that went thru an identical problem.....He had to make numerous calls to Tall. to get it straightened out........apparently some of the staff are careless and I believe Putnam ought to be made aware of it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

New license.

I had one around ten years ago and let it expire.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Assuming you sent everything in they are in violation of Florida statute. We are a shall issue state and they have 90 days to issue or deny. Unless you fall into the last category below.
Call the Tally office and tell them they are in violation. It worked for my wife when they were at 120 days with hers.
c) The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall, within 90 days after the date of receipt of the items listed in subsection (5): 1. Issue the license; or
3. In the event the department receives criminal history information with no final disposition on a crime which may disqualify the applicant, the time limitation prescribed by this paragraph may be suspended until receipt of the final disposition or proof of restoration of civil and firearm rights
View Quote

This.  Call them and tell them you're going to get counsel if they don't issue. They do not want that to happen.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
New license.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

New license.

Maybe it was for a renewal....but I remember making an appointment at the office on Palm Beach Lakes and leaving there with my license in hand.

It was a while ago.....so I'm not 100% sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top