Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2016 10:08:34 AM EDT

DATE: June 22, 2016

TO: USF & NRA Members and Friends

USF Executive Director

NRA Past President
Florida House member Dave Kerner (D-Palm Springs) is leading a group of anti-gun Democrats in yet another attempt by Democrats to stampede the legislature into a Special Session of the Legislature to enact gun control measures.
The Kerner scheme is to get more than 32 members of the Legislature to file letters with the Secretary of State to force him to poll the Legislature for a vote on whether or not to call a Special Session for Gun Control.
Democrats continue to exploit this tragedy. This was a terrorist act. The terrorist, shouting allegiance to radical Islamic terrorists, murdered 49 Americans. Yet, for some reason that defies all logic, Democrats don't blame the terrorist for the mass murder, they blame the gun.
Make no mistake -- they are exploiting a tragedy to push for more gun control.
On June 15, 2016, Sunshine State News reporter Nancy Smith framed it best: "Is anybody else as disgusted as I am, watching Democrats race to erect their political podiums in the blood of the Orlando nightclub victims?"
It's time to email the Legislature and tell then SAY NO to the personal political agendas of anti-gun Democrats.
PLEASE IMMEDIATELY EMAIL Members of the House and Senate URGE THEM TO SAY NO to a Special Session and NO to blaming you for the act of a terrorist.
In the subject line put: SAY NO TO A SPECIAL SESSION & GUN CONTROL
(Block and Copy All email addresses into the "Send To" box)

Email List in Spoiler Box

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Live links and more at: NRA-ILA

On that note....

F.S.S. 11.011 Special session; convened by Legislature.—

(1) The President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, by joint proclamation duly filed with the Department of State, may convene the Legislature in special session pursuant to the authority of s. 3, Art. III of the State Constitution.

(2) The Legislature may also be convened in special session in the following manner: When 20 percent of the members of the Legislature shall execute in writing and file with the Department of State their certificates that conditions warrant the convening of the Legislature into special session, the Department of State shall, within 7 days after receiving the requisite number of such certificates, poll the members of the Legislature, and upon the affirmative vote of three-fifths of the members of both houses, shall forthwith fix the day and hour for the convening of such special session. Notice thereof shall be given each member by registered mail within 7 days after receiving the requisite number of said certificates. The time for convening of said session shall not be less than 14 days nor more than 21 days from the date of mailing said notices. In pursuance of said certificates, affirmative vote of the membership, and notice, the Legislature shall convene in special session. Should the Department of State fail to receive the requisite number of said certificates requesting the convening of a special session of the Legislature within a period of 60 days after receipt of the first of said certificates, all certificates previously filed shall be rendered null and void and no special session shall be called, and said certificates shall not be used at any future time for the convening of the Legislature.

(3) During any special session convened pursuant to this section, only such legislative business may be transacted as is within the purview of the purpose or purposes stated in the proclamation, the certificates filed with the Secretary of State, or in a communication from the Governor or as is introduced by consent of two-thirds of the membership of each house
View Quote

The Florida Legislature is made up of 160 members total in both chambers. Democrats make up 53 of those seats. 107 are Republicans. They need 20% to submit for a Special Session, that is 32 members of both chambers. To get actually get the Special Session going, they'll need 3/5 of the legislature vote. They need 96 members to vote yes for a special session. They don't have those numbers. Furthermore.... The Governor, Senate President, and Speaker of the House are Republican.

This will fall on deaf ears and nothing will happen.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Well you've got one more gun nut on your side here in FL (me).  I'll do my part.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Problem is that there are Republicans that are anti gun in the South part of the state.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell the all to go to hell, just phrase it better than me. I have emailed and called. But 2 out of 3 of my reps are antigun Democrats. However much of my area is local antigun officials as well, including the sheriff
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Tell them you cannot support politicians that are anti civil rights, and want to blame innocent people when the government could have stopped him but they chose to destroy evidence and stop investigating.

I
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Sent an email to ALL the FL rep addresses, listed on the  NRA ILA site, here:

NRA ILA address list

It just takes a couple of copy/pastes into your email, some mouse clicks, and then SEND.

That's it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#6]
wrote them all again. anyway.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sent an email to ALL the FL rep addresses, listed on the  NRA ILA site, here:

NRA ILA address list

It just takes a couple of copy/pastes into your email, some mouse clicks, and then SEND.

That's it.
View Quote

Done

In my email I told them to tell the gun grabbers NO to a Special session & gun control, read the second amendment, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The Police have no duty to protect any one individual, you are responsible for your own protection, read the book "Dial 911 and DIE".

They should be supporting constitutional carry.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#8]
All the while, Gays are buying up guns because they know that neither Obama nor Hillary will protect them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#9]
done.  I just wrote a brief body that said I don't support holding a special session on gun control.  The time immediately following a tragedy rarely leads to rational thought and outcomes.  I beg you to keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:26:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
done.  I just wrote a brief body that said I don't support holding a special session on gun control.  The time immediately following a tragedy rarely leads to rational thought and outcomes.  I beg you to keep that in mind.
View Quote

the new catch phrase on baynews9 is "terrorist loop hole".

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a loophole, they're assholes. It's called due process protected under the 5th and 14th amendments.  However, it's always fashionable to diss the 2nd amendment but when you don't care you start pissing all over the constitution.  So these gun grabber Dems want to get rid of the 2nd, 5th and 14th (although that'll get rid of anchor babies) because they don't give shit about our rights.

Wiki does a great synopsis:

The Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution each contain a due process clause. Due process deals with the administration of justice and thus the due process clause acts as a safeguard from arbitrary denial of life, liberty, or property by the Government outside the sanction of law.

Arbitrary denial of life, liberty and property by the government outside the sanction of law.  Which watch list is sanctioned by law?  Effing arbitrary in my view.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top