Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2016 8:21:47 PM EDT
Probably a waste of time to post this here since those that are viewing this thread are probably smart enough to know, but Shooters in Jacksonville has jacked up prices a lot since Orlando.

$16 pmags - they're not out of stock at the distributor level and are $8 for me so I know they probably get a bit cheaper since they buy in bulk.
$15 AK pmags
$1100 for a KSG - online for $8-900 all day and you don't pay sales tax.
$650 pap pistols - online for $450-500
Spikes uppers for $119 - online for $20 cheaper
Spikes parts kits for $77 - mid $60's online with no sales tax.

On the flip side they had M&P 15-22's for $340 which is a penny over my distributor price - awesome deal!

Not trying to bash them but as long as people will pay uneccessary prices for merchandise then they'll keep charging it.

The typical argument is 1. Demand is going up so prices increase to control stock levels or 2. You have to support local business. I agree with point #2 100% as a business owner, but I also know the price before markup and it's a little crazy right now.

I just had a customer order 3 guns online to transfer in and saved just under $400 without counting the sales tax... The profit margins are there - demand lower prices and you will get it. Accept higher prices and you will get that too.

Distributors are not out of stock and paying more for something because of a fear of a ban is not going to help support the 2nd amendment for younger buyers who can not afford higher prices. A ban will not happen if we call and email our Reps. In fact, I urge everyone to let them know that we want the NFA abolished in addition to not support any new gun legislation. Then we need identify and elect real gun owners to office so that we don't have to keep going through this.

Sorry for the rant.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Probably a waste of time to post this here since those that are viewing this thread are probably smart enough to know, but Shooters in Jacksonville has jacked up prices a lot since Orlando.

$16 pmags - they're not out of stock at the distributor level and are $8 for me so I know they probably get a bit cheaper since they buy in bulk.
$15 AK pmags
$1100 for a KSG - online for $8-900 all day and you don't pay sales tax.
$650 pap pistols - online for $450-500
Spikes uppers for $119 - online for $20 cheaper
Spikes parts kits for $77 - mid $60's online with no sales tax.

On the flip side they had M&P 15-22's for $340 which is a penny over my distributor price - awesome deal!

Not trying to bash them but as long as people will pay uneccessary prices for merchandise then they'll keep charging it.

The typical argument is 1. Demand is going up so prices increase to control stock levels or 2. You have to support local business. I agree with point #2 100% as a business owner, but I also know the price before markup and it's a little crazy right now.

I just had a customer order 3 guns online to transfer in and saved just under $400 without counting the sales tax... The profit margins are there - demand lower prices and you will get it. Accept higher prices and you will get that too.

Distributors are not out of stock and paying more for something because of a fear of a ban is not going to help support the 2nd amendment for younger buyers who can not afford higher prices. A ban will not happen if we call and email our Reps. In fact, I urge everyone to let them know that we want the NFA abolished in addition to not support any new gun legislation. Then we need identify and elect real gun owners to office so that we don't have to keep going through this.

Sorry for the rant.
View Quote

Not to call you out or anything.

But most distributors are out of stock on pmags or raised the pricing.   If you got someone selling them for $8, please let me know.

They have .223 in stock but jacked the price up on those as well. Wolf raised the price by $15 per case this week for wolf gold 223. Other distributors have went up $10-20 per case.

Everything else is pretty normal, 9mm has taken a good hit but that's about it.

Id agree, don't feed the panic.  Nothing is going to happen. Sit back don't buy and things will even out quickly.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#2]
$16 pmags are much better than the guys who have popped up here in the EE trying to sell them for $30 each!  there has been a handful of them listing mags at those prices lately
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$16 pmags are much better than the guys who have popped up here in the EE trying to sell them for $30 each!  there has been a handful of them listing mags at those prices lately
View Quote

$16-18 is a fair price for the average LGS, remember they have to pay overhead.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Shooters is garbage, always has been, they get zero of my business. Gun Gallery all the way if you're in Jacksonville.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#5]
there are 2 progun officials running for election but I do not know a ton about them. but they say they are very pro gun/civil rights.  Cord Byrd, Greg Evers.

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Shooters is garbage, always has been, they get zero of my business. Gun Gallery all the way if you're in Jacksonville.
View Quote

Gun Gallery is the tits!
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
there are 2 progun officials running for election but I do not know a ton about them. but they say they are very pro gun/civil rights.  Cord Byrd, Greg Evers.

View Quote

Cord is a good guy.  He's "one of us".
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch,

and here I am selling them for $9.99  lol.  Guess I should raise prices!

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Gun Gallery is the tits!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gun Gallery is the tits!

This x 1000. After Sandy Hook Shooters immediately jacked prices through the roof on everything and Gun Gallery didn't raise the price on anything that was already in stock. I literally walked out of Shooters after seeing $40 Pmags and went to Gun Gallery and they were $12. I don't forget bs like that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:10:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This x 1000. After Sandy Hook Shooters immediately jacked prices through the roof on everything and Gun Gallery didn't raise the price on anything that was already in stock. I literally walked out of Shooters after seeing $40 Pmags and went to Gun Gallery and they were $12. I don't forget bs like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gun Gallery is the tits!

Sounds just like them f$&kers at CTD price gouging everyone. I don't forget that chit either!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top