Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2016 7:42:04 PM EDT
Lived in Florida a long time but never been to the Keys. Anyone recommend something with a good price? Not high end.  Does not have to be Key West.

Edited to add, thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Old Wooden Bridge Fish Camp, Big Pine Key. Old keys or as close as it gets. Just read they want to redevelop it for 100
rack in out boat storage. Go before its gone.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#2]
In Key West I highly recommend the Curry Mansion - a block off of Duval.

http://www.currymansion.com/

between b'face and happy hour - it is really not that much money - LOL

Red
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't stay in key west. There is nothing "priced well" on the island. You can stay in a nice place in Big Pine or Sugarloaf for a fraction of the price and it's just a 20 minute drive to Duval.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I stay at Looe Key Resort at mile marker 27 on Ramrod key . Started staying there around 1983 and almost each year for 20 years.

Was about 70 to 100 a night.  I could tie my boat up 12 feet behind the rooms back door.  They have a good tiki bar ,food , pool and dive boat with a dive shop and small liquor store. Take a taxi to KW. and boat/fish the rest of the time.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I stay at Looe Key Resort at mile marker 27 on Ramrod key . Started staying there around 1983 and almost each year for 20 years.

Was about 70 to 100 a night.  I could tie my boat up 12 feet behind the rooms back door.  They have a good tiki bar ,food , pool and dive boat with a dive shop and small liquor store. Take a taxi to KW. and boat/fish the rest of the time.
View Quote

What is that taxi ride running?

LOL

Red
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Stay at the Islander in Islamorada and the the Pier House in Key west. You could try

to get a cabin at Bahia Honda State Park, but that is a long shot.

Islander

Lorelei across the street

Bahia Honda

No Name Pub

Pier House

Can't do this any more

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top