Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2016 9:57:27 AM EDT
Anybody know anything about this place, found it on wheretoshoot.org, however they do not have any contact information.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#1]
i believe when you find the words "skeet" and "key west" in the same sentence, you run far, and you run fast.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Seriously doubt you can shoot skeet anywhere in KW outside of maybe  the Navy Base.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Never heard  of it and neither has my husband.  We used to shoot at the Navy range on Boca Chica many years ago but that got shut down.   It was definitely not set up for skeet.

The only other thing I can think of is behind the airport there is an area called the missle silo site and for awhile there was an organized paintball group that shot there -- don't know if they are still active or not.  There would definitely not be any skeet shooting allowed that close to the airport.

I wonder if someone had a great idea to shoot skeet off a boat but it didn't pan out -- the skeet cruise or something like that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like it is a defunct club on Boca Chica near the old sub base.  Appears the tree huggers got a hold of it in 1997 in order to save marsh rabbits.

Link to US FWS study
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top