Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
What a day on the water. Good to see and talk to the Arf gang today out on the boat.

I will have to say the Fox family were truly great hosts today on our little tour of the islands.

Lunch was good at Cabbage Key and the company & talk of others on the ride was nice.

See you all soon if we do a local shoot.

Natron
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Can't believe I missed this post in the other thread...I would have flown down just for this!!

Awesome and very generous!

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I want to give the Fox family a very big thank you.  It was more than generous to open up your time and take us on your beautiful yacht for the day.  Cabbage key was quaint and great.  The whole day was wonderful and was great meeting new members and catching up with the regulars.  

Black & Black's wife......you two are doing a great job raising two wonderful young ladies who are wise and mature beyond their ages.  

Again, thank you for a wonderful relaxing day.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#4]
AWESOME DAY! Thank you  Fox family!

Thank you Travis for being an amazing host. You have a beautiful home, a wonderful family and a nice little dingy.        .  

Everybody who participated was great; it was an honor to meet you all.  Big shout out to Travis and Mrs. Fox for raising two wonderful young ladies. It was impressive seeing them work so well together.

Thank you again for being so generous with your time and your ship. We had a great time and enjoyed the sights, cruise and company.

Moscow mules FTW!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:51:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you so much for the opportunity for me and my nephew to tag along. We both had a wonderful time, with a awesome bunch of people. Captain Fox and family we salute you!
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1010.photobucket.com/user/mr357_photos/media/20160423_131547_zpsxmjqpbnx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af221/mr357_photos/20160423_131547_zpsxmjqpbnx.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1010.photobucket.com/user/mr357_photos/media/20160423_131948_zps4zjjtbav.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af221/mr357_photos/20160423_131948_zps4zjjtbav.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1010.photobucket.com/user/mr357_photos/media/20160423_161214_zps1cqzynpl.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af221/mr357_photos/20160423_161214_zps1cqzynpl.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1010.photobucket.com/user/mr357_photos/media/20160423_162003_zpsxdqt3uqf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af221/mr357_photos/20160423_162003_zpsxdqt3uqf.jpg</a>
View Quote

That 3rd pic is avatar material!
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Gotta love the bolt flag. Nice touch Fox.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome thread!

God, I sure do miss my boat - a Dusty 23 foot center console - it was lots of fun.

Would like to see If I could make it the next time!

Red
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#10]
We had a blast on Saturday!

Thanks again, Fox, for being so generous with your time and toys. You have a great family, and all your hard work has definitely paid off in more ways than just material success. You welcomed my family as if we were part of your own, even though we had never even spoken one-on-one, much less met face-to-face. Some people master their professional life, some master their personal life...you seem to have done both.  I don't know how you do it, but you do it with a grace and style that inspires those around you to do better in their own lives. Maybe one day I'll learn that secret, make a buck or two, and pass it along as you have. Thanks for the inspiration.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Had a great time. Looking forward to the next outing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#12]
My thanks to the Fox clan as well. I had a great day thanks to them. I also met some new friends, nice to see all of you. Don't be strangers!!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow - thank you all for joining us, and all the kind words!  It was really a pleasure to have you all out.  My family kept saying "wow - you actually have friends, and they're all actually really nice!?!"  The day couldn't have been much better between the company, the weather and the journey.  Again - it was really great meeting those of you who came from the east coast, and it was good catching up with you locals as always.  We'll definitely do this again later this year, and look forward to seeing everyone then.  

Thanks again to the Avilas for the ARFCOM flag!  The wind kept it blowing tight all day, and was nice to see flying on Blue By You.  It was great to have the site owners support the event, which was a blast.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#14]
By the way - those of you that took pictures, feel free to post them up!  Send them to me if you don't have a way to store them.  I'm sure there were a few of dolphins and the other sights of the day.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wow - thank you all for joining us, and all the kind words!  It was really a pleasure to have you all out.  My family kept saying "wow - you actually have friends, and they're all actually really nice!?!"  The day couldn't have been much better between the company, the weather and the journey.  Again - it was really great meeting those of you who came from the east coast, and it was good catching up with you locals as always.  We'll definitely do this again later this year, and look forward to seeing everyone then.  

Thanks again to the Avilas for the ARFCOM flag!  The wind kept it blowing tight all day, and was nice to see flying on Blue By You.  It was great to have the site owners support the event, which was a blast.
View Quote

I had a really good time. Generally I'm not into boating. I grew up with it and grew out of it, every 5 or 8 years I go out on someones boat and frankly have a shitty time. the last time before Sat it actually was a shitty time (involved bringing a dog on board who got sick and shit everywhere) but this time was the exception. everything went like clockwork. its what happens when its arfcommers and not the general public.

the boat was totally baller BTW. we should do an over night camping trip somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
By the way - those of you that took pictures, feel free to post them up!  Send them to me if you don't have a way to store them.  I'm sure there were a few of dolphins and the other sights of the day.
View Quote

I emailed you the pics I have, use them as you want.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I always enjoy hanging out with the SWF crew.....and enjoyed meeting the folks who drove a ways to join in.

See you guys again in a couple of weeks blowing stuff up at the Manatee shoot.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#19]
WE NEED PICS!  
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#20]

got a few more to go through, did not take as many as I wanted to.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Following us home from Cabbage Key.

The BFL Flag was flying proudly.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Awesome OP! I wished we would have been in the area.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#23]
What a generous thing for the OP to do.....sounded like a great time.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry I've been a little slow responding here.  Still getting unpacked

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=87795
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figured another week before hearing from you in any form of communication.  I know you were heading out the next morning.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

watch your cornhole bud.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

watch your cornhole bud.
View Quote

Thanks. Cornhole is fine, and back in Florida

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#28]
More pictures from our outing:

At the dock at Cabbage Key

My favorite so far - the ARF flag flying on the flybridge next to the stars and stripes

Part of the crew on the bow

Dolphins chasing the boat

Returning to the dock

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:39:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

watch your cornhole bud.

Welcome back home.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:34:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Looks like a great time.

Really great for you to share your ship with others on a days outing.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Good times. Wife asked that I say thanks again and hello to everyone from the trip.

In her words: "Arfcommers are good people."

I told her, yeah... you haven't read the Trump threads in GD.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:31:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Good times. Wife asked that I say thanks again and hello to everyone from the trip.

View Quote

Broward, tell your wife my wife & I said Hello.  It was nice meeting fellow ARFcommers from the other coast.
Yes, fortunately she hasn't read the Trump threads in GD.......maybe keep her away from them so it doesn't change her thoughts on us......
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:19:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like something my family said: "Dad, you not only have friends, they're actually all really nice?!"  

I hope to catch up with everyone again soon....
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Sounds like something my family said: "Dad, you not only have friends, they're actually all really nice?!"  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look for the post that has the next meetup date.......

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=598880
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not all of us. after you said your oldest daughter would not react well to hearing the lines called ropes....well I trolled her. I said "wow young lady you really handled those ropes well" to which I received a resounding "GGGGRRRRRRRRRRR!"

it was worth it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:31:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

not all of us. after you said your oldest daughter would not react well to hearing the lines called ropes....well I trolled her. I said "wow young lady you really handled those ropes well" to which I received a resounding "GGGGRRRRRRRRRRR!"

it was worth it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it was worth it.

I said "rope" to her once........

Only once.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Only once.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it was worth it.

Only once.

Well, you are an "employee" of hers..........lol
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it was worth it.

Only once.

In case it's not obvious, I encourage my girls to act like and interact well with adults, and expect to be treated like one.  That includes expecting a hard time from a crowd like this . Believe me - she enjoyed it, and they all asked when we could have you guys out again.  Besides, if she was "done with you," she'd tell you - right Yeah-Right?
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#39]
For anyone who wanted a little cleaner picture to share about your day out, here's one we took a few weeks earlier.  This was right about where we were when the guy in the johnboat start flipping us off

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

In case it's not obvious, I encourage my girls to act like and interact well with adults, and expect to be treated like one.  That includes expecting a hard time from a crowd like this . Believe me - she enjoyed it, and they all asked when we could have you guys out again.  Besides, if she was "done with you," she'd tell you - right Yeah-Right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it was worth it.

Only once.

Fox, to me and I'm sure others that that is obvious.  Your girls are beyond their ages for maturity, interaction, intelligence and overall great young adults in my mind.  I salute you and your wife for doing a fine job in raising your children......not an easy task in today's world.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:58:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Blackfox I saw blue or a sister ship on fios channel 621 tv tonight.

National Geographic , air date 1/21/15 , season 6 episode 11 , titled Spring Break.  Show is call Drugs, inc.
the boat has nothing to do with the show it was just in a back ground shot of about Miami. About 30 minutes in.
Traveling next to a building in a harbor or channel. Close enough shot to clearly see the two people on the bridge
Same exact model right down to the antennas. Bow and side shot only couldn't see the stern so no name.
Exact same boat.
Cool
Good luck
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 5:31:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Blackfox I saw blue or a sister ship on fios channel 621 tv tonight.

National Geographic , air date 1/21/15 , season 6 episode 11 , titled Spring Break.  Show is call Drugs, inc.
the boat has nothing to do with the show it was just in a back ground shot of about Miami. About 30 minutes in.
Traveling next to a building in a harbor or channel. Close enough shot to clearly see the two people on the bridge
Same exact model right down to the antennas. Bow and side shot only couldn't see the stern so no name.
Exact same boat.
Cool
Good luck
View Quote

That's funny - somebody mentioned the exact same thing in my thread in team (although I think they said it was in the opening scenes?).  I tried to look it up, but Nat Geo's Drugs Inc page doesn't do full episodes by streaming - just 2 to 3 minute segments.

I've been told there are only two (maybe 3) 50' Blue Magellano's in the US.  Blue WAS based out of Miami with her previous owner.  Odds are very high that was her in the show.  Her previous name was "Peace."  
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Damn 2nd place again
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Wow. Awesome thing to offer to "strangers off the internet". So wish we lived closer
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top