Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2016 7:48:52 AM EDT
Hello everyone, we're finally making the move just outside of Fort Walton Beach in a few days! But I am in need of the FL HTF wisdom machine. I'm looking for suggestions for the following things in the area, whether you know somewhere or someone, or are that someone:

- A good and honest mechanic. It's a plus if they know their way around import/modified/turbocharged vehicles.

- An FFL. Preferably someone that doesn't mind taking and holding orders while I'm away at work. I've been using smaller "kitchen counter" FFL's here with good results. Or throw in a good gun store.

- Off-roading trails?

- Tactical firearms training. I'm willing to drive a few hours for quality.

- State specific pro-2A organizations. I'm only currently aware of Florida Carry. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

If I think of anything else I'll add it. If you don't want to post in an open forum for whatever reason, my IM is open too. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag.  We're headed to Niceville end of next month.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Just north of FWB (in Crestview) is a home based FFL and gunsmith I've been using for years.
One of the best.  Highly recommended.
http://www.fieldandrangetargetservice.com/Home_Page.php

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I'll check him out.

Haven't found much in the area so far regarding shooting ranges. Hurlburt Field isn't available to me, and so far any 100 yd+ rifle range nearby is an hour's drive. Oak Ridge Gun Range is closer, but is limited on range. Looks to be good for handgun though.

As of now it looks like I'll be making a trip to the Santa Rosa Shooting Center to do any serious rifle work.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#4]
If your going to make the drive to the Santa Rosa Shooting Center, head to the other side of the river (mile or so west) and check out the E.R.G.C.

Not real fancy but not nearly as crowded and very user friendly. Private club but anyone can join. No "off the street" shooters, if you catch my drift.

http://escambiarivergunclub.org/

Welcome to the Panhandle.

BGF

Forgot to mention, you can shoot steels with both rifle and pistol. big fun.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:37:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive lived here a while, here are my faves.

FFL's
Mine! Dans Discount Jewelry in FWB. Ill hook up any ARFCOM peeps.
2nd Amendment shooting sports in Niceville, seriously the best NFA FFL in the area.

Shooting ranges
Bullets and Bones in Defuniak is pretty much my only go to.

Training.... Well not much around, i usually drive to alabama or mississippi to train.

Mechanics
AAA in Niceville
Als in Fortwalton
Tony Biggott in FWB
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

FFL's
2nd Amendment shooting sports in Niceville, seriously the best NFA FFL in the area.

Shooting ranges

Training.... Well not much around, i usually drive to alabama or mississippi to train.

Mechanics
AAA in Niceville
Als in Fortwalton
Tony Biggott in FWB
View Quote

Where is Dans located?

Training. Never use them, but Grey Tactical Outfitters (or something similar to that name) holds classes.  I know they hosted Pat Macnamara not long ago.  They ar in Destin.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:34:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Where is Dans located?

Training. Never use them, but Grey Tactical Outfitters (or something similar to that name) holds classes.  I know they hosted Pat Macnamara not long ago.  They ar in Destin.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FFL's

Shooting ranges

Mechanics
AAA in Niceville
Als in Fortwalton
Tony Biggott in FWB

Where is Dans located?

20 Eglin Pkwy.

I think greys has a range in defuniak or Crestview now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
FFL's
View Quote

As in yours or you work there? I'll have to shoot you a PM about something if the owner.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Found an excellent mechanic after scouring the reviews on Yelp and Google. Baier's Auto Time in FWB. Took my vehicle there to have a few issues ironed out, and left very happy, maybe even a bit smarter too. I'll be going back in the future.

I'll be checking out a Grey Tactical Outfitter course this coming weekend as well, will report back on that afterwards.

ETA: The girlfriend and I took their basic pistol course this weekend. I got to polish up on the fundamentals and the lady got to improve herself with some personalized training. I'm happy with the level of training received (the staff was able to accommodate different skill levels, from intermediate to "never touched a gun before"). I'll be trying out some of their more advanced courses in the future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top