Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2016 3:54:24 PM EDT
Decades back, my Father & Uncles "owned" hunting property on River Ranch. They're all but gone and none live anywhere near there anymore: Anybody know where or have any intel to see if we can still use it or get in?
Granted it's been 35 years since we were there last, but I'd like to know.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You must own land & have proof of ownership by showing a DEED to LAND in RIVER RANCH.
You take a copy of your deed to the RRPOA main gate entrance to start your membership.
RRPOA Membership cost $145 a year

A lot of ATV and Confederate flags.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You must own land & have proof of ownership by showing a DEED to LAND in RIVER RANCH.
You take a copy of your deed to the RRPOA main gate entrance to start your membership.

View Quote

Last I knew (which was a very long time ago) one could go to the County Office (I think in Lake Wales) to get a copy of the Deed....
Is it any good to hunt//fish or has it turned into a mud bogging fest?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Last I knew (which was a very long time ago) one could go to the County Office (I think in Lake Wales) to get a copy of the Deed....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

River Ranch is owned by Westgate Resorts now. I'd start there.

As far as hunting goes, I doubt there is any on the RR property, but Kicco WMA is co-located there.

I fly into there several times a year- the place has really gotten nice since Westgate took over.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#5]
There's a lot of ATVs especially on the weekends with holiday weekends being even more popular. During the hot weather the shallow creeks are frequented by buggys and snorkeled ATVs. There isn't really any place to fish except a few slow moving creeks and all I have seen there is some gar but I bet there is at least some sunfish left. There is a fair number of people who hunt there (in season) but I think most of the large game wanders over from the bombing range or WMA. Weekdays area your friend out there.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do a county property records search for names of your relatives online.

http://www.polkpa.org/camadisplay.aspx
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

As far as hunting goes, I doubt there is any on the RR property, but Kicco WMA is co-located there.

I fly into there several times a year- the place has really gotten nice since Westgate took over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not referring to the River Ranch Resort; there is/was/used to be a huge tract of land on both sides of Hwy. 60? part of which bordered the Avon Park Bombing Range.  Other than flying into RR Airport a few times, we never really spent a lot of time at the Resort (We had camps on Kissimmee, and a Hunting Camp in the Woods)  Shady Hammock IIRC, maybe it was Camp Mack....man, it's been 30 years since I was last there.  
Thanks for the link, I'm going to do a little research.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm not referring to the River Ranch Resort; there is/was/used to be a huge tract of land on both sides of Hwy. 60? part of which bordered the Avon Park Bombing Range.  Other than flying into RR Airport a few times, we never really spent a lot of time at the Resort (We had camps on Kissimmee, and a Hunting Camp in the Woods)  Shady Hammock IIRC, maybe it was Camp Mack....man, it's been 30 years since I was last there.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Be aware, there are taxes owed on the the land in there every year. If the taxes haven't been paid then who knows where the deed has ended up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Last time I checked, "lots" were selling for 1000 to 1500. These lots were just to get you in and you really had
no idea exactly were they were not that it mattered. Camping lots were much higher.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Last time I checked, "lots" were selling for 1000 to 1500. These lots were just to get you in and you really had

no idea exactly were they were not that it mattered. Camping lots were much higher.
View Quote

Paid 6k for 1 1/4 acre 1 1/2 years ago. Access lots were about 600 then.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I camp at KICCO several times a year.  Going down in March for 4 days of camping and paddling.  Does not cost anything.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there any game down there. Went three times with a friend who was a member about 15 years ago and didn't even see a sign of a living critter.  Even tried to hunt birds across the road with his bird dogs once.   Gave up on that place...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top