[#1]
So CC & OC are dead on arrival?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

All they need to do is either get a hearing & vote in the Judicial Committee -OR- get pulled out of committee and to the Senate floor by Andy Gardiner.

If they make it to the senate floor, they will most likely pass.  Portilla is trying to kill them in committee by refusing to hear them.

Everyone needs to be blowing up Gardiner and Portilla's phones and inboxes.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

All they need to do is either get a hearing & vote in the Judicial Committee -OR- get pulled out of committee and to the Senate floor by Andy Gardiner.

If they make it to the senate floor, they will most likely pass.  Portilla is trying to kill them in committee by refusing to hear them.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where does Gariner stand on these issues?  Portilla is clearly trying to kill the bills and looks to be an absolute dead end.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/open-carry-bill-on-life-support-in-florida-senate-judiciary-chairman-says/2264593

Senate Judiciary Chairman Sen. Miguel Diaz de la Portilla, R-Miami, says a proposal allowing some gun-owners to openly carry handguns in Florida is "on life support" and he will decide this week whether to grant a hearing on it.

"I have some serious concerns about open carry in light of what happened in the House last week," Diaz de la Portilla told reporters this afternoon. "I am concerned that it may become a vehicle for some very, very bad amendments. I think that's what we learned last week. ... Because of those concerns, I'm very, very seriously considering not hearing it at all."

King Portilla is scared.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Gotta keep the heat on them.

Keep Calling!  We can't afford to let attention on this fizzle out.

Senator Diaz de la Portilla  (850) 487-5040

Senate President Gardiner  (850) 487-5013
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:03:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
Voice mail for De La Portilla.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Sent my 12 letters at lunch.

Now get this- I got an email today from my Tea Party group. The Senate Judiciary Committee has a vote today on SB120.

Guess what SB120 is?

It will allow Men to Use Woman's Showers, Locker rooms & Bathrooms.

So Senator Portilla and his committee can find time to allow a vote to let men into women's restrooms but not allow a vote on a constitutional freedom.

These people need to be flooded with letters emails and phone calls.

http://fctpcommunity.org/profiles/blog/show?id=4150782%3ABlogPost%3A243801&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_post
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Now get this- I got an email today from my Tea Party group. The Senate Judiciary Committee has a vote today on SB120.

Guess what SB120 is?

So Senator Portilla and his committee can find time to allow a vote to let men into women's restrooms but not allow a vote on a constitutional freedom.

View Quote

and

I sent my latest batch of letters this morning.  I'm blasting them every few days on mail & email.  Phone calls are at least once daily--it's eating up my lunch hour.

Next up, I'll be printing, mailing and emailing this:

Rape survivor's open letter to State Sen. Diaz de la Portilla on Campus Carry
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Guess what SB120 is?

These people need to be flooded with letters emails and phone calls. removed from they're positions

http://fctpcommunity.org/profiles/blog/show?id=4150782%3ABlogPost%3A243801&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_post
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

and

I sent my latest batch of letters this morning.  I'm blasting them every few days on mail & email.  Phone calls are at least once daily--it's eating up my lunch hour.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess what SB120 is?

and

Please do, and make the headline bold, size 48, highlighted and underlined.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Please do, and make the headline bold, size 48, highlighted and underlined.
View Quote

Will do.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Can anyone locate the fax number for Diaz de la Portilla's Tallahassee office?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can anyone locate the fax number for Diaz de la Portilla's Tallahassee office?
View Quote

I'll keep searching, but while I was googling, I found the contact info for the Senate Judiciary Committee:

Committee Location:
515 Knott Building

Committee Mailing Address:
404 S. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1100

Voice: (850) 487-5198
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Keep lighting up LA Portilla's phone.
Also post a civil comment pressuring LA Portilla to pass these two bills in this article about him in The Hill, the rape victim is even posting about Portilla in the comments section:  http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/civil-rights/268454-rape-survivors-open-letter-to-florida-state-sen-diaz-de-la

Nothing like a major news article to put pressure on someone, this is Firemission time (maybe someone wants to link it in GD).
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#17]
So much for Checks and Balances.  Amazing it can be all up to just one person to make the decision.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Called and spoke to pleasant young ladies at both Senator's offices, expressing my support for the bills. Here's hoping something good happens!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I made a few calls to some other Senate offices, and it seems that both Gardiner and Portilla don't have a Fax number.

When I read through the Senate Directory, there were a few offices that had fax numbers listed, but theirs didn't.  Maybe they have a Fax and just aren't listing it?  Not sure...
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Keep lighting up LA Portilla's phone.

Also post a civil comment pressuring LA Portilla to pass these two bills in this article about him in The Hill, the rape victim is even posting about Portilla in the comments section:  http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/civil-rights/268454-rape-survivors-open-letter-to-florida-state-sen-diaz-de-la

Nothing like a major news article to put pressure on someone, this is Firemission time (maybe someone wants to link it in GD).
View Quote

This asshole needs to represent the overwhelming House vote.

This crap about a gender bathroom sharing bill? Are you fucking kidding me?

These people need to be HOUNDED relentlessly. Post this up wherever you travel online, Facebook, whatever, get friends involved.

Thank you all who bothered to email, call and send letters. I for one very much appreciate it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Small sidebar, would it be possible to do a recall on Portilla and Gardiner like they did in Colorado if these bills don't make it?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Small sidebar, would it be possible to do a recall on Portilla and Gardiner like they did in Colorado if these bills don't make it?
View Quote
No, FS  Chapter 100 covers election laws. FS 100.361 states that only municipal figures can be recalled. Nothing for State Officials.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#23]
I called and left message at Portilla's office this morning in support of open carry as well as sent another email.

If they aren't answering the phone at 10am on a Wednesday morning, that's a good sign that their phones are ringing off the hook.

Keep up the heat!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Left Portilla a voicemail. Actually spoke to a nice woman in Gardiner's office. She said he will call me back shortly. I did discuss it with her and she said they are getting a lot of phone calls, emails and letters about this. I'm surprised I actually spoke to someone. I'll be shocked if Senator Gardiner calls me back. I doubt it. I'm going t keep calling though.

EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD CALL, WRITE, AND EMAIL GARDINER'S OFFICE AND DEMAND HE TAKE ACTION TO GET THESE BILLS OUT OF PORTILLA'S HANDS!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone know if we can recall Gardiner's Senate President election and put someone pro-gun in the seat?  A different person as president also means we can get rid of Portilla when committee assignments get mess up by a new president.

Or are we just waiting out the clock on Gardiner's term there?

What we're going to have to do is pay attention to when these internal elections are going on and blow up their switchboard to elect a genuinely pro-gun person to Senate President, then demand actual pro-gun committee chairs.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I called and left message at Portilla's office this morning in support of open carry as well as sent another email.

If they aren't answering the phone at 10am on a Wednesday morning, that's a good sign that their phones are ringing off the hook.

Keep up the heat!
View Quote

I called Portilla's office back around 2:30 today.  Someone answered the phone and said they'd only gotten a few calls today about the open carry bill.  The person answering wouldn't tell if if the senator was going to hear the bill in committee.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#27]
More contacts:

Chairman of the Republican Party of Florida

Blaise Ingoglia

Legislative Address
1101 The Capitol
402 South Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL   32399-1300
Phone: (850) 717-5035

District Address
1101 The Capitol
402 South Monroe Street

Chairman of the Republican Party of Miami-Dade County (Portilla's District)

Nelson Diaz

999 Ponce de Leon Blvd
Penthouse Suite 1105
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Phone: (305) 421-6304
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

More contacts:

Chairman of the Republican Party of Florida

Blaise Ingoglia

Legislative Address

1101 The Capitol

402 South Monroe Street

District Address

1101 The Capitol

402 South Monroe Street

Chairman of the Republican Party of Miami-Dade County (Portilla's District)

Nelson Diaz

999 Ponce de Leon Blvd

Penthouse Suite 1105

Coral Gables, FL 33134

Phone: (305) 421-6304
View Quote

Called them all, got voicemail, left respectful but very unambiguous messages urging Republican leadership to intervene immediately and to strongly urge Portilla to have the OC Bill, overwhelmingly passed by the House to get its vote on the Senate floor.

This Portilla guy is a piece of shit and needs his balls squeezed on this issue by voices he can not ignore.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:56:07 PM EDT
[#29]
would it be asking for trouble if I send him a box of 'adult' toys if he stalls this?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
would it be asking for trouble if I send him a box of 'adult' toys if he stalls this?
View Quote

I can neither confirm nor deny...
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#31]
What's this newest thing that happened?

Both House bills HB163 and HB4001 say below:

HB163
2/10/2016     Senate
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules

HB4001
2/10/2016     Senate
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Higher Education; Judiciary; Rules

It looks like they both got put in the senate somehow. Does anybody understand this?

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:13:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't, will someone please explain??
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#33]

HB16 and HB4001 are in the Senate Criminal Justice Committee today.

The committee members are

Chair Greg Evers R
Vice Chair Audrey Gibson D
Rob Bradley R
Jeff Brandes R
Jeff Clemens D

It was a 3/2 vote last time they voted on the senate version. They voted R= yes, D=no when they voted on the senate versions of these bills on 9/16/15 SB68, and 10/20/15 SB300.

Here are their email addresses.

[email protected]  [email protected]  [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Chair Greg Evers R

Rob Bradley R

Jeff Brandes R

Jeff Clemens D

It was a 3/2 vote last time they voted on the senate version. They voted R= yes, D=no when they voted on the senate versions of these bills on 9/16/15 SB68, and 10/20/15 SB300.

[email protected]  [email protected]  [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
View Quote

I'm getting lost in the processes here.

Anyone know a timeline and protocol for this bill?

Sent emails to all of the above reps, but I'm just not familiar with these seemingly endless processes.

Can someone more knowledgeable enlighten me?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Sent emails to all of the above reps, but I'm just not familiar with these seemingly endless processes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chair Greg Evers R
Rob Bradley R
Jeff Brandes R
Jeff Clemens D

I put the bill numbers (SB68, SB300, HB163, HB4001) on Senate Tracker ( http://www.flsenate.gov/Login/Index/2016 )

The senate versions of the bills SB68 and SB300 are stuck in the Senate Judiciary Committee by the committee chairman Senator Portilla.

The House versions of the bills HB163 and HB4001 are being put through senate committees right now and may make it to the full senate for a vote.

Its up to each committee as to how long it takes. There are at least 3 senate committees before the full senate vote.

ETA There are 28 days left in the session. Time may run out and nothing may happen if they stall it long enough.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#36]
They did this last year and the year before.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They did this last year and the year before.
View Quote

I clearly remember Republican Senator Paula Dockery removed the campus carry portion and Republican Senator Ellyn Setnor Bogdanoff removed the open carry portion of SB234 and HB517 in 2011.

There both gone now but other RINOs like Portilla live on.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#38]
You dumbass people in So. Florida keep electing these sorts...........this is what you get..............either the ignorant corrupt NY/NJ or the equally corrupt Latino...............of which both types are voted for on the basis of ethnicity or accent!!!

It truly seems that all one needs for a sure thing election in those districts is either a vowel a berg, a stein or ski at the end of one's name.    But then that's what lives there.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

You dumbass people in So. Florida keep electing these sorts...........this is what you get..............either the ignorant corrupt NY/NJ or the equally corrupt Latino...............of which both types are voted for on the basis of ethnicity or accent!!!

It truly seems that all one needs for a sure thing election in those districts is either a vowel a berg, a stein or ski at the end of one's name.    But then that's what lives there.
View Quote

Yeah... I'm saving this for sure.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#40]
This Portilla guy says he's concerned about all the amendments and how this bill is going to be a vehicle to pass additional items but then he has said he doesn't want the streets like the Wild West.  Sounds like no matter what, he wasn't going to give any open carry bill a chance.

It sucks that one person in a committee can control the flow of bills.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:26:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

He represents MIAMI....Well in MIAMI you got a lot of Cubans, Latinos & foreigners & more important VOTER FRAUD.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

He represents MIAMI....Well in MIAMI you got a lot of Cubans, Latinos & foreigners & more important VOTER FRAUD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And a ton of transplants from NY/NJ....the vast majority of which are bringing their progressive/liberal votes.

Thus Florida going from a traditional red state to now a "purple" state.

Regardless, guys like Portilla need to get tossed the fuck out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Has anyone heard anything from Marion Hammer regarding the impasse?
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Are any of these clowns up for election this cycle?

Please let me know when I can send some fund to any one running against these RINOS - they sure as hell are not representing me.

Thanks,

Red
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#45]

Just sending some more email. Anybody heard anything new?

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Same.

More calls and emails.

Really hope others are doing this too and spreading the word vigorously.

I have no clue where OC stands.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And a ton of transplants from NY/NJ....the vast majority of which are bringing their progressive/liberal votes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not the problem, Florida has always been a bellwether state.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:28:44 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Before all of the NYers and NJites moved down or all the Latinos moved in.... FL was a May Issue State on gun rights and only if you were politically connected to the Sheriff or Judge in your county.

I still have the official documents from the Dade County Public Safety Department when they ran gun registration in the early 1970s. Yeah, if you bought a gun back then you had to register it with the Sheriff.

God forbid you were a person of color in the more rural counties and you wanted to buy a gun. Getting a permit to carry or openly carrying didn't happen either unless you were connected.

Florida for the most pat has always been a restrictive state. It wasn't until the 1980s that we liberalized (true use of the word) our restrictive gun laws.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Same.

More calls and emails.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same.

More calls and emails.

The Rinos will kill it. My contacts in the Capitol tell me it is dead unless a miracle happens. Just like last year and the year before.

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Before all of the NYers and NJites moved down or all the Latinos moved in.... FL was a May Issue State on gun rights and only if you were politically connected to the Sheriff or Judge in your county.    

I still have the official documents from the Dade County Public Safety Department when they ran gun registration in the early 1970s. Yeah, if you bought a gun back then you had to register it with the Sheriff.

God forbid you were a person of color in the more rural counties and you wanted to buy a gun. Getting a permit to carry or openly carrying didn't happen either unless you were connected.

Florida for the most pat has always been a restrictive state. It wasn't until the 1980s that we liberalized (true use of the word) our restrictive gun laws.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True but as the demographic pendulum continues to move to the left, pro-gun trends could absolutely be at risk in the future.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top