Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2016 9:00:09 PM EDT
The Miami woman who "pulled over" a Metro-Dade officer for speeding had details regarding her own driving infractions reported by a local TV station (or so says the Miami New Times. . . .link here:  New Times)  

There's a number of things in this story that trouble me (the least of which is FOP president Javier Ortiz tweeting the woman's cell phone number and encouraging people to call her), but what really caught my attention was the fact that NBC 6 reports that she has been pulled over 14 times since 1998.  How the hell do they know that?  Can anyone request details of your driving record?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

On another note, a big thumbs up to Officer Daniel Fonticiella for handling the situation with tact and professionalism.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Local criminal search pulls up driving infractions now.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:59:45 PM EDT
[#2]
You can opt out your DL number from searches...but no one tells you that...driving records all you have to do is pay them
http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/abstract.html
Driver protection act....if it's actually worth anything
http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/DPPAInfo.html
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:12:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Last I checked you can look up ticket court case resolutions via the clerk of courts website.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can opt out your DL number from searches...but no one tells you that...driving records all you have to do is pay them
http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/abstract.html
Driver protection act....if it's actually worth anything
http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/DPPAInfo.html
View Quote

If you are LEO, FIREFIGHTER, FIRST RESPONDERS, GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES ECT..ECT...  all info on you is blocked as far as where you live ect..... or it is suppost to be anyways. Only certain people can pull that info up. But you know how that goes. If you put enough info about yourself out on the web on social media you can be found.. I tracked a guy down from this forum using just his user name and an email addr he used. By the time I was done. I knew where he lived, worked, what he looked like, his family info, home addr and ph number, his work number at the University along with his email. He paid me what he owed me after I asked how his boss would feel about him stealing gun parts from an online gun forum university's frown upon guns anyways he was apparently a professor at that school.

So you need to be careful what kind and just how much info about yourself you post online. Have you ever googled your username, your real name. Paid a few dollars for those online info searches that offer criminal, personal, credit, driver, all kind of info on people. It might pay to get one on yourself just to see what kind of info is out there on you. These are the same companies employers use when you apply for jobs and they want to hire you. Just saying. You might be surprised
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Clerk of the court posts driving infractions free.  At least in Hillsborough.    Tax Collector sites are a wealth of information too.  Privacy doesn't really exist, as long as you know where to look.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 9:20:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Clerk of the court posts driving infractions free.  At least in Hillsborough.    Tax Collector sites are a wealth of information too.  Privacy doesn't really exist, as long as you know where to look.
View Quote

Unfortunately, that's perfectly true.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tell people to not use the mother's maiden name on password hints.  Considering that lots of people's mothers are on Facebook now and list their maiden name in the profile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top