Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2016 8:10:46 AM EDT
Anyone here hunted at this place?  Its in the Punta Gorda area.

I've got a trip booked this weekend, what can I expect?

We're doing a 2 day hunt, one from a stand, and one with dogs. What ranges should I expect from the stand? Any other useful information?

I'm really excited about this hunt. I need to blow off some steam in a big way.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of them, but good luck!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Please update how your trip went. I've been waiting to do the same type of trip with my teenage son soon. We're about an hour from Punta Gorda, but never realized there was a hog hunt so close/nearby.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:33:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We're doing a 2 day hunt, one from a stand, and one with dogs. What ranges should I expect from the stand? Range could be anywhere from 10 yards to 500 depending on terrain and cover, but I would bet on 100 yards or less. Any other useful information? If using a small caliber (.223, .243) take headshots; 7mm and larger, take body shots, but go online and look up hog anatomy and make sure you know where the heart/lung area is. Hogs are nasty mean sumbitches WITHOUT being shot, so shot placement is critical.
Very large hogs- especially boar hogs- will have a gristle shield that can be as much as 1/4" or more thick covering the frontal areas, so again, shot placement is critical.
Beyond that, you're gonna have a ball, especially on the dog hunt.

Thanks!
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Report back after the trip, I'm in the Tampa area, might want to give it a try.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#5]
yes ..have fun be safe and pictures brother or it don't count .....
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:34:13 AM EDT
[#6]
There is a lot of pigs down there. My father use to live in North Port, right next to Purta Gorda . I know when we use to drive down River road there we would a lot of pigs  and piglets along the road eating.
good luck and post some pics
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We're doing a 2 day hunt, one from a stand, and one with dogs. What ranges should I expect from the stand? Any other useful information?

Thanks!
View Quote

Well?! How did it go?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top