BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am not even going to respond to the last post, don't you people find it strange that 2 pro gun senators, both from the main areas of tourism are doing nothing, THIS is a tourist state,tourist do not want to come on vacation and see people with guns strapped to their waist and they do not want their children to see it, Florida is a Tourist state, without them were dead,All you are doing is giving the anti 2nd amendment people a WIN and a head of steam,  pronouncing victory when this bill gets the shelve again.We are a tourist state and there will never be an open carry here.
View Quote

Its simple, they are RINOs like you.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#2]
And like I said, in terms of historical OC he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about....................that sort of knowledge base calls into question every statement he's made.        Fool, more than FUDD tho!
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:01:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am not even going to respond to the last post, don't you people find it strange that 2 pro gun senators, both from the main areas of tourism are doing nothing, THIS is a tourist state,tourist do not want to come on vacation and see people with guns strapped to their waist and they do not want their children to see it, Florida is a Tourist state, without them were dead,All you are doing is giving the anti 2nd amendment people a WIN and a head of steam,  pronouncing victory when this bill gets the shelve again.We are a tourist state and there will never be an open carry here.
View Quote

I work in the defense industry... I think I'll be fine if the "tourist industry" takes a hit.. which it won't.

Look at all of the other states that are popular tourist destinations -and- have open carry.  No "blood in the streets" there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I really do not care about open carry, that is just me, and I am to old to care about campus carry, I am more concerned with the Stand Your Ground laws and Castle Doctrine laws, I will leave this open carry and campus carry to you younger people, I wish you good luck in your venture. After many lunches with senate politicians you will need it.
View Quote

Ok, you want SYG and CD changes. Let me ask you a question.

How is a college student supposed to consider a concept such as SYG if the possibility of defending himself in the first place does not exist?

How is a child (who later becomes a voter) supposed to think about things like SYG and CD without seeing good guys who aren't LEO carry weapons if their parents don't teach them?

If you truly believe all these gun laws exist in their own silos, that just isn't realistic. All the wins (and losses) in the states around the country over the last 5 years have been accomplished by momentum from one underlying motive- self defense.

Help us help others see more guns everywhere and people will become interested in your thoughts on SYG and CD.

First they came for the campus carry, but I dont carry campuses, so I said nothing...
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Contact info bump.  Everyone should be emailing and calling daily, and sending a few letters in the mail.

Senator Diaz de la Portilla:

[email protected]

406 Senate Office Building
404 South Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1100
(850) 487-5040

Senate President Andy Gardiner:

[email protected]

409 The Capitol
404 South Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1100
(850) 487-5013

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I work in the defense industry... I think I'll be fine if the "tourist industry" takes a hit.. which it won't.

Look at all of the other states that are popular tourist destinations -and- have open carry.  No "blood in the streets" there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

First, the safety of our state's residents should come before someone from overseas' dollars and fear of guns.
Second, do you think FL is the only destination of tourists from other countries?  False.  Saw it first hand last year in Niagara Falls and Yellowstone NP.  I started to think I left the US for a bit during those trips.  I'm sure they are visiting open carry states.
Third, for tourists coming from other states, high probability they come from open carry states anyway.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am not even going to respond to the last post

We are a tourist state and there will never be an open carry here.
View Quote

Yet you did...

Some poetry might be in order...

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
? Samuel Adams
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#8]
UPDATE

I called all the Senate committee members to encourage them to encourage Portilla to at least hear the bills at the below numbers. The person who answered for Senator Stargel had an interesting response:

Me: Hi, (person), (my name), how are you?
Her: Well, thanks how are you?
Me: Well, thanks. I want to confirm that Senator x is on the Judicary Committee
Her: Yes he is.
Me: Great, I'm a little concerned about two bills being heard in that committee. I'm wondering if he can encourage the Chair (Portilla) to at least hear the bills?
Her: (voice gets real low) Oh. Is this about the gun bills?
Me: (laughing) Yes, how did you know!?
Her: Because that's what everyone is calling about!
Me: Great! Well I hope they can at least have a conversation about it and hopefully move it to the Senate floor.
Her: Ok, will pass along :)

Guys, this can work (at least getting it heard). The House didn't gut it. The Senate is overwhelmingly controlled by Republicans. Scott is a no brainer.

SB300- Open Carry
SB68-Campus Carry

Bean: 850-487-5004
Benacquisto: 5030
Brandes: 5022
Joyner: 5019
Simmons: 5010
Simpson: 5018
Soto: 5014- they weren't too happy with all our calls
Stargel: 5015
Ring: 5029
Of course, Portilla himself (posted above by another member).
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Believe me you just got the standard Blow off.
Senator Diaz de la Portilla and Senate President Andy Gardiner:are getting more emails from gun owners who are against open carry and for them to shelve bill, and that's a fact, and why don't you call them on their cell phones and ask. and Andy will never bite the hand that feeds him Disney. I know of 1,100 gun owners who have emailed in last couple of days to stand their ground and shelve that bill.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Senator Diaz de la Portilla and Senate President Andy Gardiner:are getting more emails from gun owners who are against open carry and for them to shelve bill, and that's a fact, and why don't you call them on their cell phones and ask. and Andy will never bite the hand that feeds him Disney. I know of 1,100 gun owners who have emailed in last couple of days to stand their ground and shelve that bill.
View Quote

Gun owners going out of their way to keep their rights denied? Please...
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
UPDATE

I called all the Senate committee members to encourage them to encourage Portilla to at least hear the bills at the below numbers. The person who answered for Senator Stargel had an interesting response:

Me: Great, I'm a little concerned about two bills being heard in that committee. I'm wondering if he can encourage the Chair (Portilla) to at least hear the bills?
Me: Great! Well I hope they can at least have a conversation about it and hopefully move it to the Senate floor.

Guys, this can work (at least getting it heard). The House didn't gut it. The Senate is overwhelmingly controlled by Republicans. Scott is a no brainer.

SB300- Open Carry
SB68-Campus Carry

View Quote

You sir, are a fine American.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree any gun owner who has a brain is going to see these bills as a good thing. Those who are gun owners and still oppose it likely have a gun just to say they do..

FSU also has a community group, Students for Campus Carry, who have been pretty proactive in showing support for both bills. There is tons of activity in Tallahassee concerning these bills. It's really no surprise that the house passed them both with a fair majority

Edit: I'd also like to add something regarding the tourism. Besides California, there aren't really any other states that offer what Florida does in terms of Tourism. I think the tourism industry in Florida will be just fine..
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Another 67 emails off from gun owners to shelve and not hear Open or Campus carry to both senators, by tonight we should have a couple of hundred more.  These bills are garbage.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#14]
If you have the NRA app and read the latest news Portilla is only taking up open carry to allow amendments to gut the bill.  You guys better be calling everyone, as it sits the Senate plans to gut/kill it.  CALL CALL CALL
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Portilla while he has acquiesced to giving the open carry bill a hearing, both he and Senate President Andy Gardiner, R-Orlando, have spoken in favor of an amendment proposed by the Florida Sheriffs Association. That amendment would essentially gut the open carry bill and replace it with language guaranteeing that people who carry a concealed weapon are legally protected if they accidentally expose their weapons.

Accidental exposure of a gun was, according to NRA lobbyist Marion Hammer, one of the main reasons for doing the open carry bill.

THERE IS YOUR COMPRISE.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Aren't you a negative nelly.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
UPDATE

SB300- Open Carry
SB68-Campus Carry

View Quote

That's great info. Thanks for posting. I will make some phone calls when I get home.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Another 67 emails off from gun owners to shelve and not hear Open or Campus carry to both senators, by tonight we should have a couple of hundred more.  These bills are garbage.
View Quote

So, you ARE from DU and you are actively working against this site and its ideals as a forum for gun owners.

Very interesting.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#19]
kat1950, we get it, (edited for COC compliance)- SGB. Now everyone knows so move along.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:33:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

(edited for COC compliance)- SGB

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

So how much is Moms Demanding Dildo Action and Nanny Jewberg paying you to fuck over the real gun owners in FL who want to see these bills passed? Fucktard Fudds like you are a festering case of herpes on top of America's 'roids. Go DIAF.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I really do not care about open carry, that is just me, and I am to old to care about campus carry...
View Quote

Gun free zones enable murders, but I guess you're too old to care about students being murdered because they were disarmed by their own government. Too old to care about the rights of students to defend themselves.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#23]
No not the case, just against garbage bills, there are numbers of us gun owners that do not believe in open carry, there are plenty of you new gun owners who want to be Wyatt Earp and openly carry a gun for your own ego. You must have personal problems. I have stood for gun rights in this state long before you were here, and still support Concealed Carry, Stand Your Ground, Castle Doctrine, and am a firm believer of the 2nd amendment. Open carry has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment, you have the RIGHT to conceal carry, which I firmly believe in. You are trying to make this into a pissing contest that anyone that does not share your opinions are Wrong.Well it is my right under the 1st amendment to disagree with you. You can continue to fight for your bill , I respect that, But I will continue to fight against it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

No not the case, just against garbage bills, there are numbers of us gun owners that do not believe in open carry, there are plenty of you new gun owners who want to be Wyatt Earp and openly carry a gun for your own ego. You must have personal problems. I have stood for gun rights in this state long before you were here, and still support Concealed Carry, Stand Your Ground, Castle Doctrine, and am a firm believer of the 2nd amendment. Open carry has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment, you have the RIGHT to conceal carry, which I firmly believe in. You are trying to make this into a pissing contest that anyone that does not share your opinions are Wrong.Well it is my right under the 1st amendment to disagree with you. You can continue to fight for your bill , I respect that, But I will continue to fight against it.
View Quote

What's your problem with my 21yo daughter at UF being able to defend herself?  Other than 'you're too old to care'.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Totally different the same ideology and anti-gun attitude, I do realize the anti 2nd amendment people want everything Just as you want everything our constitutional right, so you can wear a gun in plain site, (Has very little everything to do with 2nd amendment) You are already permitted to carry a weapon, this country was founded on compromise, and I personally care more about the protection of myself and my family, as in the Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine laws which are the essence of my load of BS! the 2nd amendment and am ready to shelve the Campus Carry and Open Carry to further these other more important laws, by the way, those negotiations are taking place behind the scene.

Also the rights you have now are what we did 40 to 50 years ago, including the first state (you've already been called on your lies and misinformation--so you can end the BS posting) to implement conceal carry, and  through those years there was compromise on both sides to achieve our goal.
Some folks that were here remember that during the fight to pass Florida's Concealed Carry law in the 1980s (I was here pre-80's and in the 80's too and any longevity you want to brag about has only served to expose yourself), the Florida Sheriffs Association opposed concealed carry.  They literally said they didn't like "hidden guns."

At the time, open carry was legal in Florida and had been for decades.  They said if people were going to be allowed to carry guns, they needed to carry them openly so law enforcement officers could see them and know who had guns -- they claimed it was a matter of officer safety.

We the gun owners won, thus conceal carry, but not without compromise (compromise all you want, but that won't make you or your family any safer, or make you worthy of it either).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really do not care about open carry, that is just me, and I am to old to care about campus carry, I am more concerned with the Stand Your Ground laws and Castle Doctrine laws, I will leave this open carry and campus carry to you younger people, I wish you good luck in your venture. After many lunches with senate politicians you will need it.

Do you really believe that the ideology and support for these bills that you don't care about, exist within a vacuum, totally separate from the laws you do care about.

Unfortunately, the anti-2dA progressives and politicians do not feel your apathy in their march against our freedoms my good sir.

I care much more about SYG and CD too, but all these bills and the supporters are like peas in the same pod, like peas and carrots, or birds of a feather, etc.

Totally different the same ideology and anti-gun attitude, I do realize the anti 2nd amendment people want everything Just as you want everything our constitutional right, so you can wear a gun in plain site, (Has very little everything to do with 2nd amendment) You are already permitted to carry a weapon, this country was founded on compromise, and I personally care more about the protection of myself and my family, as in the Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine laws which are the essence of my load of BS! the 2nd amendment and am ready to shelve the Campus Carry and Open Carry to further these other more important laws, by the way, those negotiations are taking place behind the scene.

Also the rights you have now are what we did 40 to 50 years ago, including the first state (you've already been called on your lies and misinformation--so you can end the BS posting) to implement conceal carry, and  through those years there was compromise on both sides to achieve our goal.
Some folks that were here remember that during the fight to pass Florida's Concealed Carry law in the 1980s (I was here pre-80's and in the 80's too and any longevity you want to brag about has only served to expose yourself), the Florida Sheriffs Association opposed concealed carry.  They literally said they didn't like "hidden guns."

At the time, open carry was legal in Florida and had been for decades.  They said if people were going to be allowed to carry guns, they needed to carry them openly so law enforcement officers could see them and know who had guns -- they claimed it was a matter of officer safety.

We the gun owners won, thus conceal carry, but not without compromise (compromise all you want, but that won't make you or your family any safer, or make you worthy of it either).

Fixed it for you.

Now go find some other takers for your BS
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What's your problem with my 21yo daughter at UF being able to defend herself?  Other than 'you're too old to care'.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have the University pay for some Professional security upon entering and exiting, they do it at airports, courthouses, federal buildings, every day, but not by your daughter who might accidentally shoot my grandson out of a very high stress  confrontation situation ,it is a Dead issue now anyway
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

Now go try to find some other takers for your BS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you really believe that the ideology and support for these bills that you don't care about, exist within a vacuum, totally separate from the laws you do care about.

Unfortunately, the anti-2dA progressives and politicians do not feel your apathy in their march against our freedoms my good sir.

I care much more about SYG and CD too, but all these bills and the supporters are like peas in the same pod, like peas and carrots, or birds of a feather, etc.

Also the rights you have now are what we did 40 to 50 years ago, including the first state (you've already been called on your lies and misinformation--so STOP to implement conceal carry, and  through those years there was compromise on both sides to achieve our goal.

We the gun owners won, thus conceal carry, but not without compromise [span style='color: red;'](compromise all you want, but that won't make you or your family any safer, or make you worthy of it either).

Fixed it for you.

Show me where in the Constitution that it  states under second amendment that it is the law to open carry.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Have the University pay for some Professional security upon entering and exiting, they do it at airports, courthouses, federal buildings, every day, but not by your daughter who might accidentally shoot my grandson out of a very high stress  confrontation situation ,it is a Dead issue now anyway
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're seriously messed up.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That professional university "security" will do NOTHING to increase safety, and will ONLY force/prohibit lawful students from protecting themselves. The criminals and terrorists don't give a crap about following laws and passing through professional security screenings, etc.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Show me where in the Constitution that it  states under second amendment that it is the law to open carry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also the rights you have now are what we did 40 to 50 years ago, including the first state (you've already been called on your lies and misinformation--so STOP to implement conceal carry, and  through those years there was compromise on both sides to achieve our goal.

We the gun owners won, thus conceal carry, but not without compromise [span style='color: red;'](compromise all you want, but that won't make you or your family any safer, or make you worthy of it either).

Fixed it for you.

NO, you have it all wrong...

YOU SHOW us where the constitution infringes on open carry under the 2D Amendment.

eta if you can show proof that ANY of the founding fathers carried their guns in an "inside-the-waistband" holster or a shoulder-holster, I'll leave this thread.

OR show text about how guns are to be carried under the 2d A...

good luck with that
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

You're a special kind aren't you?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, you're the wise old bird here that knows better?

Just like a liberal. You out yourself again!

Silly sock puppet. You are just a paid sock puppet.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Delusional and stupid. You are comparing an airport which is a building to a wide open sprawling campus like UF.

Your delusional argument is delusional.

Silly sockpuppet.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

Showing your ignorance again by asking that question. That question shows how little you hav read about the history of our country.

Silly sockpuppet.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#35]

You lose, when you make a statement back  it up, and No where in the 2nd amendment does it state  that it is the law to open carry. You are going to lose so move on with it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You lose, when you make a statement back  it up, and No where in the 2nd amendment does it state  that it is the law to open carry. You are going to lose so move on with it.
View Quote

Read, learn, don't look stupid!

Silly sockpuppet

Your statement outs you as uneducated. Who is paying you to activate your account and start posting this stuff?

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Another 186 gun owner emails sent to 2 Senators with a lot more to come tonight, to stand their ground and destroy open carry
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Silly sockpuppet

Your statement outs you as uneducated. Who is paying you to activate your account and start posting this stuff?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Silly sockpuppet

You cant show me  because it is not there (edited for COC compliance)- SGB or you just do not know how to read. I just read the 2nd amendment and all of the Bill of Rights.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#39]
PERSONAL ATTACKS
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#40]
edit
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#41]
relock
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top