User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing at Disney Springs entrance, but did get selected for a random screening at hollywood studios. It looks like they move it around. It was under a pop up and was portable. I had a swiss army knife and they said nothing about it. I did not see a screening set up at Epcot.
View Quote

I was recently there.  All of the parks I visited (Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios) had metal detectors at ALL entrances, including the resort entrances for people coming in on bus/boat/backgates.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:39:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Problem is that vendors and employees do not get scanned.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If 100% of everyone is being screened i have no issue. I dont need to be the only guy with a gun. I just hope its not a case of no good guy with a gun when some asshole wants to hurt someone. Disney is certainly a target and i personally hope they go to 100% every person gets bag checked and metal detection. Families deserve to be safe. If you dont like it, dont go.

Problem is that vendors and employees do not get scanned.

There are plenty of security loop holes.  If someone wants to do something horrible they will.  This is meant to keep CWP holders out and to create a facade of security.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was recently there.  All of the parks I visited (Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios) had metal detectors at ALL entrances, including the resort entrances for people coming in on bus/boat/backgates.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing at Disney Springs entrance, but did get selected for a random screening at hollywood studios. It looks like they move it around. It was under a pop up and was portable. I had a swiss army knife and they said nothing about it. I did not see a screening set up at Epcot.

I was there last weekend and stayed at the Old Key West and saw nothing like that.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#4]
They do not screen 100% of all guests.  If you are licensed or credentialed, polite, and willing to risk a walk back to your car/hotel/resort, you can carry at Disney.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They do not screen 100% of all guests.  If you are licensed or credentialed, polite, and willing to risk a walk back to your car/hotel/resort, you can carry at Disney.

View Quote

Explain. I know several LE who have been told to go check it or go to the car.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:03:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard of one FDLE 'big-wig' that thought his position (and 'respect my authority' attitude) would allow him to carry there against their wishes. Nope, he also got tossed out of his hotel and off all Disney property.

If you're reasonable, they let you take it back to your car (which is still on their property, btw.)

They do not even allow uniformed on-duty LEO on the property. Unless they are their on official business responding to a call.
It sort of complicates legal matters when they have uniformed Orange County SO there working 'security'. It makes it difficult to determine who has what level of authority: LEO acting in the lawful performance of his duties (an agent of the government), vs 'security' acting as an agent of a private property owner. One of those can enforce Disney's no gun policy, whereas the other can only enforce the law.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think he means if they catch you, be prepared to be turned away  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I mean.  If you act a fool, you may be asked to leave for good. If you're polite, they will ask you to secure it elsewhere before you return.

I watched a small-town cop go babnanas over his denied entrance.  He was carrying a G23 in a fanny pack (seriously) and security asked to take a peek.  Guy pulls out his PD credentials and advises hes carrying.  Staff says sorry, no guns allowed.  Guy one-ups himself and pulls his county (Sheriff) credentials (somehow he was PD and deputized, I don't know how that works).  Staff says it makes no difference.  Guy one-ups himself again and pulls federal credentials (he was on some taskforce with the DEA, Blue Lightning or something, I won't even pretend to know how that works), security says no dice.  Guys goes off about his authority, rights, and so on.  Orange County asks him to leave for the day.  His family was pissed. They went in, he didn't.  

I've also seen guys make no effort concealing whatsoever. Security confronts them, guys are cool about it, and secure the pistol in their car and come right back without issue.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's what I mean.  If you act a fool, you may be asked to leave for good. If you're polite, they will ask you to secure it elsewhere before you return.

I watched a small-town cop go babnanas over his denied entrance.  He was carrying a G23 in a fanny pack (seriously) and security asked to take a peek.  Guy pulls out his PD credentials and advises hes carrying.  Staff says sorry, no guns allowed.  Guy one-ups himself and pulls his county (Sheriff) credentials (somehow he was PD and deputized, I don't know how that works).  Staff says it makes no difference.  Guy one-ups himself again and pulls federal credentials (he was on some taskforce with the DEA, Blue Lightning or something, I won't even pretend to know how that works), security says no dice.  Guys goes off about his authority, rights, and so on.  Orange County asks him to leave for the day.  His family was pissed. They went in, he didn't.  

I've also seen guys make no effort concealing whatsoever. Security confronts them, guys are cool about it, and secure the pistol in their car and come right back without issue.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it. I was reading it as they will sometimes let you in if you are polite, not that they don't catch everyone. I've always carried there, discretely, so I've never interacted with them over it. I did get turned away from House of Blues years ago for a concert where there were metal detectors. Didn't care about my credentials.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top