Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2015 10:38:55 AM EDT
pretty bold crime here.  that's a lot of money that just up & drove off:

Miami Herald: 2 trailers holding 1,000 Christmas trees stolen from Kendall Costco

Someone made off with the two 53-foot semi-truck trailers parked outside the mega-store at 13450 SW 120th St., across the street from the Kendall-Tamiami Executive Airport. Inside: $18,000 in Christmas trees.

Florida Beauty, a large refrigerated floral truck delivery service in South Florida, dropped off the two trailers, valued together at $78,000, on Tuesday afternoon. The trailers, each holding 500 trees, were stolen sometime between 8 p.m. and midnight.

“They were brand new — 2015,” said Frank Ducassi, vice president of sales for Florida Beauty.

The trailers were equipped with satellite tracking, which was disconnected around midnight on Tuesday in Weston, he said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Reefer?  My guess is they thought frozen seafood, lobster, shrimp.
Not targeting Christmas trees.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Reefer?  My guess is they thought frozen seafood, lobster, shrimp.

Not targeting Christmas trees.
View Quote
No way....do you know how easy it will be to fence Christmas trees compared to seafood? Rent a lot, rent a big ass tent, profit.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
funny, I just saw 6 trucks parked defensively.

4 in side by side, and two blockers tight in front of the cabs and tight near the trailer doors..

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:18:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Happens more often than you think. Within a few months of getting hired in a small town as a cop (under 10,000 population), I was working a $130k+ commercial theft with heavy equipment, dump trucks, trailers, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top