Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/10/2015 12:55:11 PM EDT
Next shoot is on sat jan16th at manatee gun and archery club
 1805 logue rd myakka city 34251....out back at AREA 51.
Cost per shooter is $20.
Same rules as previous shoots...no glass or steel cylinders...or anything deemed dangerous by the organisers or RO.
Tanerite is ok....Steel ar500 plates at the back of the range are ok.
Shave cream and other fun targets are GTG.
A BBQ grill will be available....Bring your food and fixings.
 Hope to see you there.
ATB  mick and dave.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Next shoot is on sat jan 15th at manatee gun and archery club
Cost per shooter is $20.
Same rules as previous shoots...no glass or steel cylinders...or anything deemed dangerous by the organisers or RO.
 Hope to see you there.
ATB  mick and dave.
View Quote

Do you mean Saturday the 16?  If so, I'm in
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a plan. January 16th 2016 would be the Saturday.
I can make Friday too.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
wow that's a bunch of bull shit and yes its the 16th sat ... who knows maybe this will our last shoot hope we can all show up ...
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Is there a way that we and/or a group of members can put together a petition or do something that the board would reverse that decision?  I was thinking of joining and now I'm not so sure or may join and come the board voting time vote against everyone who voted to have him removed.  Just thinking out loud here.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 9:56:51 AM EDT
[#7]
OPPS....its the 16th guys...

No wonder i cant hit the target...i was aiming for sat and hit fri.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone have more info on Gene? I really hope this isn't a case of "Need more profits > Hire outside guy who will fuck the place up"

I checked MGC's financials when they were released compared to last year revenues and net income were both higher than in previous years (and they were doing well in previous years) I wonder if it had to do with his push for a 1mi range and reports of rounds flying over heads of equestrian riders off the property? Who knows...

ETA: Just received this email from Jackie:

MESSAGE FROM THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MANATEE GUN & ARCHERY CLUB

Recently several changes have taken place and voted on by the Board of the Manatee Gun & Archery Club.  First, Gene Pitts resigned as President and was granted a leave of absence by the Executive Committee. Second, Vince Vingelli was voted President effective November 7, 2015. Third, Chapman Law Group was retained by the Club to investigate alleged improper transfer, sale and ownership of Club firearms and financial irregularities. The Board will report to the membership as more information is obtained.
View Quote

That's a shame if the first change is related to the third...
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Gene Pitts was one of the BEST!
What in the name of all that's holy is happening there?

Link Posted: 11/12/2015 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#10]
The RUMOR is that full auto will be a no go with the new president.  If you can join and voice your opinion, please do so, Gene Pitts has been in charge of Manatee gun club since I was in high school when it was located on Lena Rd.   Gene was the person who kept it together and got the new land purchased so the club could continue to exist.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Guys we need to move the gene deal to GD ..I know this is bull shit but ..
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Dave is right, back to the shoot. I am tentatively in.

I would also like to see if a group would like to explore camping at the nearby state park. We need to plan ahead, those campsites book up fast.

Link Posted: 11/13/2015 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I would also like to see if a group would like to explore camping at the nearby state park. We need to plan ahead, those campsites book up fast.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be in for this.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 2:51:05 AM EDT
[#14]
There is more to than what your seeing

It is not good

This need to be addressed for the best outcome for the club and members
If this board can do that it will not be in "Mr Pitts" best interests

I would recommend listening with open mind
You may decide your loyalty and trust is no long be deserved  

I am sure if your talk with Vince your concerns about your shoot can be addressed

Link Posted: 11/15/2015 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice email.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nice email.
View Quote

I got that as well... looks like someone lost the e-mail argument.

Anyways, enough of this in this thread.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Why would I risk a liable accusation over this?

I am no putting anything in writing

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 4:57:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I'd be in for this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd be in for this.

I just checked and it is full for the 15th and 16th. They may have a few walk up site avail, but I would not count

on it.

We have been having a heck of a time lately with camp sites. People are booking them

up quickly all of the sudden.

Link Posted: 11/17/2015 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I've camped out at manatee in the past at the range. but that was back in the Gene era.

Its a little primative but there are water spouts with potable water and even some rv spots that have electricity.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#21]
deleted
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 8:20:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Bump, and are we still a go considering the other happenings at the range?
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I haven't got an phone calls say no ...so ...
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#25]
BUMP getting close
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I spent the early part of this week fixing up Area 51 and the Cowboy Action area. Even stepped on a rusty screw so it didn't look like a shit show for everyone.

P.S. There is a silencer shoot the weekend after...
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I spent the early part of this week fixing up Area 51 and the Cowboy Action area. Even stepped on a rusty screw so it didn't look like a shit show for everyone.

View Quote

Are you the reason the fire truck was there on Christmas Eve? We didn't hear any shouting on the line so we figured it wasn't *that* bad...
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Are you the reason the fire truck was there on Christmas Eve? We didn't hear any shouting on the line so we figured it wasn't *that* bad...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, I was not.

Wish I took before pics. But trust me, it was bad. Old shot up wood everywhere, broken 2x4s and 4x4s scattered all over the place. Replaced all the uprights and runners on one cowboy action area and band-aided another. Area 41 saw a few improvements but none of what we did involved a firetruck.

Link Posted: 12/27/2015 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#29]
What kind of distance are we talking? I haz Remington 700 I want to shoot :)
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:52:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

125-150. If anyone is shooting an MG they have to be about 30-50 yards from the berm so obviously no one can be shooting behind them.

There is a nice patch of grass for proning out and having some fun but I do wish the distance was longer out there. They have several 300-600 yard ranges and no one gets to play with them except F Class shooters...
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

125-150. If anyone is shooting an MG they have to be about 30-50 yards from the berm so obviously no one can be shooting behind them.

There is a nice patch of grass for proning out and having some fun but I do wish the distance was longer out there. They have several 300-600 yard ranges and no one gets to play with them except F Class shooters...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last time I went there, we were able to shoot those distances.  I'm not a F class shooter, I'm not even a member at that club.  We walked into the clubhouse, paid our fees, went right out to shooting.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Last time I went there, we were able to shoot those distances.  I'm not a F class shooter, I'm not even a member at that club.  We walked into the clubhouse, paid our fees, went right out to shooting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course. You shot at the main range that goes to 1000 yards.

There are several additional ranges that are only used for matches (and those matches are only attended once a month for 4 months a year by a handful of individuals) If you are on the main firing line, they are off on the other side of the berm to your 11:00 running parallell to the 1000 yard range.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

There are several additional ranges that are only used for matches (and those matches are only attended once a month for 4 months a year by a handful of individuals) If you are on the main firing line, they are off on the other side of the berm to your 11:00 running parallell to the 1000 yard range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, thought you meant the main firing range.  I know about all the other areas.  There is a group of us that shoot at Area 51 usually every 3-4 months.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Cost per shooter is $20.
 Hope to see you there.
ATB  mick and dave.
View Quote

Start time?
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Start time?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cost per shooter is $20.
 Hope to see you there.
ATB  mick and dave.

Start time?

We start around 8:00, by the time money is collected and everyone gathers.  We usually start shooting around 8:30.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey guys, can I join you?
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 2:29:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Is tanerite still allowed?
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hey guys, can I join you?
View Quote

Yes you can
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#39]
I believe so.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Guys,,, shooting after brief safety talk we usually go hot around 9AM...Mick is going to try and reach the range on wensday,thursday just to double check if anything has changed .No one has called my cell and said any thing different .

I'M bring a gas grill       YOU GUYS BRING WHAT EVER YOU WANT '' TO COOK''   20.00 per shooter as normal

PLEASE guys guns brought to the shooting tables need to be in cases till  line goes hot .safety first this seems to be the way it needs to be !!!!
  just to say ..wens am range isn't open calling Thursday am .
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Guys mick called today all is gtg ..same as in the past .
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Confirming that everything is a go......we can bring tannerite, things to blow up, etc...?
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#43]
thank you campy

I'm in
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 11:45:47 PM EDT
[#44]
YES ...
Quoted:
Confirming that everything is a go......we can bring tannerite, things to blow up, etc...?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Sorry, I am out. This weekend is the first weekend of the Mecum auction in Kissimmee. An event I just do not miss.

Oh well....next time!
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sorry, I am out. This weekend is the first weekend of the Mecum auction in Kissimmee. An event I just do not miss.

Oh well....next time!
View Quote

Well you gotta have priorities. Watching people buy shit or hanging out with your buddies, shooting guns, blowing shit up, and eating.

gonna do the homemade tannerite this time around if my bag o' stuff gets here in time from amazon,
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#47]
OKAY ...HERE WE GO ......  well is MonkeyWrench  coming or not ???????????
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Well you gotta have priorities. Watching people buy shit or hanging out with your buddies, shooting guns, blowing shit up, and eating.

gonna do the homemade tannerite this time around if my bag o' stuff gets here in time from amazon,
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh well....next time!

Sorry Howie. I gots other hobbies. It has also become a bit of a tradition with my Uncle, who I am closer too since my parents pasted in 2010.

Don't worry, I still love you Guys!

Link Posted: 1/12/2016 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sorry Howie. I gots other hobbies. It has also become a bit of a tradition with my Uncle, who I am closer too since my parents pasted in 2010.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh well....next time!

as long as there is a perfectly good reason....and thats a better reason than most!

I understand the whole uncle thing.....mine gave me a daisy winchester bb gun when I was 6...I didn't give to shits about guns before then...It made me the gun nut I am today.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone seen a weather forecast for Saturday?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top