Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2015 7:12:37 PM EDT
He was doing 28 in a 45.

Got in the left turn lane but didn't signal.

Could barely see over the steering wheel.

Ya'll be ready for anything the next few months.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Q-tips are arriving daily.

At least we don't have income tax, they are useful....
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#2]
yankee snow birds help keep Florida "Green".    Biggest problem with 'em is that so many just never go the hell back to the North.  :)
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Q-tips are arriving daily.

At least we don't have income tax, they are useful....
View Quote

i would rather pay the tax.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#4]
When my DW retires in 27 months we're buying a big 5th Wheel trailer/Diesel truck rig and heading north to the N.E. and eventually Nova Scotia our first summer. As soon as we hit the Mason Dixon line I'm movin' to the left lane and runnin' 10 under all the way there and back.

Revenge is a cruel Mistress.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When my DW retires in 27 months we're buying a big 5th Wheel trailer/Diesel truck rig and heading north to the N.E. and eventually Nova Scotia our first summer. As soon as we hit the Mason Dixon line I'm movin' to the left lane and runnin' 10 under all the way there and back.

Revenge is a cruel Mistress.
View Quote

You are my hero for the day. Just make sure to sit at all red lights for at least 20 seconds after they turn green.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I swear to fucking God they are arriving earlier and earlier and staying later and later each year.

It was like May, June, July, and August were fine, I started to see a plate or two in September, and now it's "fuck you October" time.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Saw a car carrier full of vehicles with NY tags and all I could thin its "winter is coming"
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He was doing 28 in a 45.

Got in the left turn lane but didn't signal.

Could barely see over the steering wheel.

Ya'll be ready for anything the next few months.
View Quote

It has begun.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
yankee snow birds help keep Florida "Green".    Biggest problem with 'em is that so many just never go the hell back to the North.  :)
View Quote

I have no problem with Yankees visiting, as long as they leave as soon as possible with a Canadian under each arm.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Before I retired from HCFR I worked in South county Sun City Center and live in Ruskin right next it. Calls would go up so high that it was non stop when they got here. Now don't get me wrong.

Not complaining about doing the job. But most of the calls were B.S. calls at all hours non medical emergency. I was on an ACLS Rescue unit not a, I have constipation can you take me to the hospital unit  

traffic increased at least 60% and golf cart accidents oh well let's just say drug, booze, old yankees with the attitude of let me in or hit me and golf carts do not mix. Because the Mexicans driving through Sun City Center will run every time they hit a golf cart if one pulls out in front of them. I think they think it's full of candy or something

Link Posted: 10/19/2015 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey...I'll be there in about 10 days, for the whole winter.  And I am not carting any canucks back to CO with me.

Don't worry, I'll leave plenty of money
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hey...I'll be there in about 10 days, for the whole winter.  And I am not carting any canucks back to CO with me.

View Quote

CO Is ok. Ny, NJ, IL, and those commie states that think us Southerns are to dumb to run our own state and vote Democrat liberal are who I'm talking about and should stay home. They think they own the roads and pay more taxes than the ones that live down here. They drive like idiots and cause more accidents while they are here. It's just unbelievable how the accident rate goes up in the Winter months. I know they vote while they are down here and send an absentee ballot back up North to vote again. I over heard a few talking about it one day at Publix  We call Sun City Center. GOD'S WAITING ROOM. alot of them come here to die, some commit suicide also.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Like everything, my home state used to be much better.  Cali invasion bloated our voter roles and really changed things.  

I'm just coming down to fish.  I hate going anywhere outside my 5 mile area around the house with all the traffic.
Thankful for the kayak ramp being 2 blocks away from old tampa bay.

You guys have a pretty good place to shoot too at the WY antelope club, I'm there most thursday nights shooting action pistol.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 6:23:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Like everything, my home state used to be much better.  Cali invasion bloated our voter roles and really changed things.  

I'm just coming down to fish.  I hate going anywhere outside my 5 mile area around the house with all the traffic.

You guys have a pretty good place to shoot too at the WY antelope club, I'm there most thursday nights shooting action pistol.
View Quote

When you get down maybe we can hookup and do some kayak fishing. We can put in at my house. At the mouth of little Manatee google it. You will see shell point, little harbor ect. Mangrove every where great fishing. Or if you just want a safe place to launch from and park you vehicle lmk heck I have 3 kayak also
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

CO Is ok. Ny, NJ, IL, and those commie states that think us Southerns are to dumb to run our own state and vote Democrat liberal are who I'm talking about and should stay home. They think they own the roads and pay more taxes than the ones that live down here. They drive like idiots and cause more accidents while they are here. It's just unbelievable how the accident rate goes up in the Winter months. I know they vote while they are down here and send an absentee ballot back up North to vote again. I over heard a few talking about it one day at Publix  We call Sun City Center. GOD'S WAITING ROOM. alot of them come here to die, some commit suicide also.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm from NJ and I feel your pain. I have to live with these assholes.  I just had to make a post defending the 30% up here that don't think like the other 70%. As far as New Yorkers, well, we don't like them either but I try to remind myself that they are in the same boat as NJ.  There has to be some good ones there but I never met one.

Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks Firemedic, I'll shoot ya a msg when I get settled in.  Always wanted to hit the LMR.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thanks Firemedic, I'll shoot ya a msg when I get settled in.  Always wanted to hit the LMR.
View Quote

Sounds like your getting hooked up.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:15:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be hooked up on fish down there sooner than you can say Courtney Campbell causeway.

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

When you get down maybe we can hookup and do some kayak fishing. We can put in at my house. At the mouth of little Manatee google it. You will see shell point, little harbor ect. Mangrove every where great fishing. Or if you just want a safe place to launch from and park you vehicle lmk heck I have 3 kayak also
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm jealous...
Started kayak fishing this year, but not much out out here on the inshore side of Destin besides speckled trout...
What's your kayak?
I've got a Feelfree Moken 12.5.. I like the Hobie PA, but damn they are expensive...
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I drove back from SC last weekend. I swear to God they are coming in droves. On US301 between I10 and I75 I don't think I saw a single FL plate.

Quebec, Ontario, Maryland, Virginia, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont (complete with Bernie stickers) all driving side-by-side on 2 lane roads 10mph under the speed limit in their RVs...I miss summer.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes, they get earlier every year.

I stick to the back mangroves fishing and in the woods until things quiet down again.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:46:02 AM EDT
[#23]
It is uncanny.

When you start seeing out of state plates, you also start seeing road closures for fatal crashes, lots of fire rescue activity, traffic jams everywhere, lines for everything .
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm from NJ and I feel your pain. I have to live with these assholes.  I just had to make a post defending the 30% up here that don't think like the other 70%. As far as New Yorkers, well, we don't like them either but I try to remind myself that they are in the same boat as NJ.  There has to be some good ones there but I never met one.

View Quote

Was born and spent the first 18 years of my life in NY ( Long Island ) and finally left the state in 2003. I'm one of those rare good ones you're talking about.

Anywho, I'll be back to visit Florida again in the Jan/Feb time frame to visit my buddy down there and to see the land I purchased earlier in the year. I hope to be a resident in about two years.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#25]
The SO and I are visiting, so figured I'd check out the FHTF. We're planning on maybe moving here next spring, so we're road-tripping it through the state to see what's what.

Don't mind our WI plates.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#26]
When I get old I am going to move up north and drive slow.

I have the sticker even though I no longer live down there.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The SO and I are visiting, so figured I'd check out the FHTF. We're planning on maybe moving here next spring, so we're road-tripping it through the state to see what's what.

View Quote

Do you vote Republican? Do you call it "pop"? Do you constantly talk about "That's not how we do it up north?"

I'm just teasing, but in seriousness - why would you want to move to Florida?

I don't get the massive migration this way when there are 48 other states to choose from; many have much better scenery, equally good politics, similar weather, and there are just so. many. elderly. people..
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Do you vote Republican? Do you call it "pop"? Do you constantly talk about "That's not how we do it up north?"

I don't get the massive migration this way when there are 48 other states to choose from; many have much better scenery, equally good politics, similar weather, and there are just so. many. elderly. people..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We both are conservative. We call it "soda". And I want to move down to Florida exactly because of "the way it's done up north, der hey, doncha know." I live near two liberal cesspools (Madison and Chicago) that are slowly spreading their cancer. And it doesn't help most the farmers here vote democrat.

No income taxes and warm weather are our main attraction about FL. Niceville or Titusville are the most attractive options at the moment, with Pensacola rolling in a close second.

I apologize for only going 5-over the speed limit. Apparently, I've learned in FL that speed limits are for old people and suckers, but I didn't feel like being a revenue enhancement tool or drug-mule investigation for some motivated LEO, seeing I have out of state plates.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We both are conservative. We call it "soda". And I want to move down to Florida exactly because of "the way it's done up north, der hey, doncha know." I live near two liberal cesspools (Madison and Chicago) that are slowly spreading their cancer. And it doesn't help most the farmers here vote democrat.

No income taxes and warm weather are our main attraction about FL. Niceville or Titusville are the most attractive options at the moment, with Pensacola rolling in a close second.

I apologize for only going 5-over the speed limit. Apparently, I've learned in FL that speed limits are for old people and suckers, but I didn't feel like being a revenue enhancement tool or drug-mule investigation for some motivated LEO, seeing I have out of state plates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just make sure you stay to the right and you'll be fine here. (Both on the highway, and at the polls )
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Just make sure you stay to the right and you'll be fine here. (Both on the highway, and at the polls )
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like that F'n matters down here... (South Florida)

Everyone here drives like complete a$$h*les.  There is no middle ground and there is no place for common courtesy.

We should change the state motto should be ''Get out of the Way!"

The Canucks and Carpetbaggers that come down every year seem to be learning very well because they drive just like the locals.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#31]
What we should do:

1.  Secede from the Union.

2.  Make anybody whose family has not been here for four generations leave. Start with the assholes from New York first, New Jersey second.

3.  Seal the border.

4.  Only allow someone to come into the state who can prove that an ancestor fought on the side of the Confederacy during the Civil War.

5.  Issue a three day visa for business with a $10K bond to be forfeited if not out within the time.

6.  Start drilling for oil in the Gulf.

7.  Pass open carry.

8.  Stop all welfare.

9.  Prosper.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#32]
I got behind one today doing 17mph in a 25mph zone.

She only went up to 21mph when it increased to a 35mph zone.

It took everything I had not to stroke the fuck out
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#33]
There's plenty of FL plates with people doing the same.

They honk at me sometimes when I finally get around their non yielding to faster traffic asses. I hate those people.

You wanna slow traffic down join the academy. Otherwise get the hell over.

When I lived in Bradenton an elderly couple followed me home.

One of them said, "does your mother know you drive like that?"

I was 15-20 over the limit on a single lane curvy surface road and got stuck behind them (going 15-20 under) briefly.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They honk at me sometimes when I finally get around their non yielding to faster traffic asses. I hate those people.
View Quote

I have a really bad habit of slamming on my brakes immediately after passing the asshole with Maryland plates in the left lane doing 50 in a 70.

Considering I have like 12" rotors that are drilled and slotted with 4 pistons on all 4 wheels....it's amazing the assholes behind me haven't rear ended me. Seeing them ditch into the grass is pretty funny though.

And yes, I do this at like 85 MPH. It's not safe, and I regret it every time I do it but I just can't help myself sometimes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top