Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2015 9:21:10 PM EDT
I've been fortunate to have been given free unrestricted access to a very large ranch down here in central Florida. Excellent deer, pigs, turkey, and coyote... the coyote have to go. Saw several yesterday and figured out a good place to set up for today. I have the entire 3500 acre ranch to myself... I'm very fortunate and thankful.

Used the FoxPro (baby rabbit distress) and a remote control decoy... I shit you not, I was in the stand less than a minute when three came running in. This young male came within 35 yards and was about to pounce on the decoy when I shot him... 6.8 SPC suppressed with Hornady 120gr SST bullets.

Afterwards I went and got in one of the stands I set up for this year and a nice big bodied 8-pt came in to the feeder just before dark, wish I took my bow, thought about it, but I'm gonna wait on BP to start hunting the stands. I've never had big bucks come to a feeder like this outside of the rut... but then again, this place is not hunted much at all and I have it all to myself this year...

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Almost ran one (dead) over this morning. I'm guessing chasing moving cars is worse than chasing parked cars?

Paved 4 lane on a busy road....
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:26:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Almost ran one (dead) over this morning. I'm guessing chasing moving cars is worse than chasing parked cars?

View Quote

They are everywhere... I've killed then behind my house and see them all the time in the neighborhoods and on the golf courses at night... it's nothing to have one run across a Wal-Mart parking lot...
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They are everywhere... I've killed then behind my house and see them all the time in the neighborhoods and on the golf courses at night... it's nothing to have one run across a Wal-Mart parking lot...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm helping a guy fix up a 1953 3200' house on the beach. He was just telling me about having panthers around in the early 60's. Wow.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:48:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Good to see you had a chance to get out there!
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Bob if you need some help let me know
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bob if you need some help let me know
View Quote

Seriously...
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:29:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#8]
3500 acres all to yourself!?

I hate you now,,,,,,
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Well done and I am a little

There mustn't be no one else hunting them?

I used to hunt them a lot in AZ....the ones that come running in are young and dumb.    The tier 1 yotes would be patient, and even circle the source of the call from afar to try and pick up a scent [of danger].
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#10]
you looking for a friend
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
you looking for a friend
View Quote

I wish I had more free time to enjoy the place...
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:39:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice yote.  

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 8:38:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Where can I sign up for this?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top