Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2015 9:45:19 PM EDT

I have been lusting for a semi 308 for quite a while now and had finally narrowed the field down to the LMT and SCAR 17. I went all over town looking at SCARS and the the $3000 price tags associated with them for local deals. I know they are cheaper online, but you can't feel them online.  My last shop had the LMT NIB,  on sale for $2500. Guess what came home?

The SCAR is nice and light and gets awesome reviews, but the LMT feels like a mans gun. The SCAR feels cheap for the price associated with it. The LMT is heavy, but not crazy heavy  like some here would lead you to believe. I'm 5"6, 165 lbs and the guns swings well for me. Not as fast as my SBR, but not slow either. I am in love and cannot wait to shoot it. I have a nice Leupold VX-R for it, just waiting on a mount. Range report to follow.

Update.....

I purchased a set of rings last night to mount my Leupold VX-R 3-9. I only have access to a 200yd range at this time, so I went with a duplex reticle. I'm no long range shooter so this will work well with my style of shooting and hunting. I did try her out yesterday with with open sights and a 3moa red dot. Ammo was just some Turkish ZQ1 7.62x51. It did not do too bad, but I do have some Hornady 168gr Match to try out now that I have the scope mounted and ready to go. Enjoy the new pics.

With red dot. First shot high. 3 low. Last 6 center. The ammo should group much better with the scope.

Reticle with green dot center. It is small for accurate shooting.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:48:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!

I can't say enough good things about the guys at GunGallery. My service experiences there have always been top notch!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:05:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice!!  Congrats on the awesome new toy!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:48:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Fine looking weapon!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:56:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice stick! Now slap a can on the end of it!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I wonder what the weight difference is between the slick and the railed versions.  I had the first generation of this rifle and it was a very accurate gun, but it was just too heavy for what I wanted to do with it.  Most of the weight is the barrel on these and I have heard some people have turned down the profile to lighten it.  I also remember the recoil being greater than the SCAR and KAC offerings.  The MWS is a great DM style rife in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey, you have a twin on Sigforum.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#7]
That .308 is the cats ass.

Beautiful rifle, nice choice.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice rifle!

Gun Gallery gets all my local-shop business for a good reason.

Neil is good people.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey, you have a twin on Sigforum.
View Quote

Yep......when you get something nice you just have to show it off.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have no desire for a suppressed .308. My .22, 9mm, and 5.56 cans keep me happy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:44:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have no desire for a suppressed .308. My .22, 9mm, and 5.56 cans keep me happy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

blasphamy!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#12]
That's a beautiful rifle good luck with it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found a .308 gains the most in shootability with a can on.  Recoil reduction, or at least the feeling of the recoil is enough to make it worth it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Once you get comfortable with her, give me a shout and I'll let you know when we hit up to 1000 yard private range. Congrats on the new addition..
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 9:54:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nice rifle!

Gun Gallery gets all my local-shop business for a good reason.

Neil is good people.
View Quote

Yep. I remember he brought me a sight tool to use at a match so I could install another front sight on my Glock... super nice guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top