BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The bill makes no changes in who, what or where someone may carry. It simply allows open carry where concealed license holders may now lawfully carry.

As for concealed carry (and with this bill, open carry) of long guns goes, well, we are not going to talk about that right now. It will become clear after the bill is passed.

P.S. Marion has a habit of telling people what they want to hear, or rather what they need to hear.

But she's right, this bill does not authorize the open carry of long guns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the email I got it stayed the bill does not allow open carry of rifles

The bill makes no changes in who, what or where someone may carry. It simply allows open carry where concealed license holders may now lawfully carry.

As for concealed carry (and with this bill, open carry) of long guns goes, well, we are not going to talk about that right now. It will become clear after the bill is passed.

P.S. Marion has a habit of telling people what they want to hear, or rather what they need to hear.

Considering the pirouette both Marion Hammer and the legislature did last time at the very last minute; what do you think the odds of passage are this time around?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:00:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Its ridiculous that FL is one of the last open carry carry holdouts.

I mean, IL, NY, CA I can see, but come on now!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

It makes a certain amount of sense when you remember what a large portion of the population is FROM New York.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It makes a certain amount of sense when you remember what a large portion of the population is FROM New York.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget about the Dirty Rat.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's that damned rat; since they are concentrated in only a handful of counties, the New Yorkers don't control the legislature in which the Republicans have a super majority in BOTH houses.

Blaming the New Yorkers and other transplants for the failure of pro gun legislation merely serves to let our legislators off the hook for failing to properly represent us in favor of the special interests representative of the theme park/ tourist industry.

We've got a Republican Governor as well as a super majority in both houses of the legislature so blaming the northern transplants is a red herring.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Georgia has open carry and campus carry.

Georgia has a Republican governor, and Republican majorities in both houses.

Georgia ain't go no New Yawkahs.

Just sayin...  Herring or no, it rings true.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It's that damned rat; since they are concentrated in only a handful of counties, the New Yorkers don't control the legislature in which the Republicans have a super majority in BOTH houses.

Blaming the New Yorkers and other transplants for the failure of pro gun legislation merely serves to let our legislators off the hook for failing to properly represent us in favor of the special interests representative of the theme park/ tourist industry.

We've got a Republican Governor as well as a super majority in both houses of the legislature so blaming the northern transplants is a red herring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, this is not a matter of liberal meddling, this is a matter of a GOP run state with RINO's in the mix.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Georgia has open carry and campus carry.

Georgia has a Republican governor, and Republican majorities in both houses.

Georgia ain't go no New Yawkahs.

Just sayin...  Herring or no, it rings true.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Considering the pirouette both Marion Hammer and the legislature did last time at the very last minute; what do you think the odds of passage are this time around?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, Florida Carry is much more of a force than we were last time, but politics is still politics and it depends a lot on who gets what concession from whom. But I give it about the same chance as last year which, up until the very last minute, was a pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well, Florida Carry is much more of a force than we were last time, but politics is still politics and it depends a lot on who gets what concession from whom. But I give it about the same chance as last year which, up until the very last minute, was a pretty darn good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#12]
http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/VideoPlayer.aspx?eventID=2443575804_2015111211&committeeID=2835

Watching the hearing from Wed. The sheriff from Pinellas county is a cunt.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Why am I hearing it got voted down and open carry in FL is dead?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is the bill that was sabotaged yesterday; The Burden of Proof Bill meant to restore the original intent of the Stand Your Ground Law which has been by prosecutors and judges.

As of  right now; the open carry bills are still moving through committee.

BETRAYAL: Report on HB-169 Burden of Proof in Committee on 11/17/2015

DATE:November 19, 2015TO:USF & NRA Members and FriendsFROM:Marion P. Hammer USF Executive Director NRA Past President

HB-169 Burden of Proof  by Rep. Dennis Baxley was heard in the House Criminal Justice Committee on Tuesday, November 17, 2015, at 9:00 AM.

In what can only be called a betrayal orchestrated by Republican Committee Chairman, Carlos Trujillo (R-Miami), HB-169 was KILLED on a 6-6 tie vote. It was a betrayal of law-abiding gun owners, the bill sponsor, and the process itself.

Another Republican, Charles Van Zant (R-Keystone Heights) totally sold out law-abiding gun owners by voting with Chairman Trujillo and the Democrats against your self-defense rights.

There were two amendments offered by antigun Democrat Dave Kerner that effectively gutted the bill of penalties to punish prosecutors for abusive behavior.

Chairman Trujillo and Rep. Charles Van Zant voted with Democrats to pass the bad amendments and two Republican committee members got up and left the room before the votes.  Those two are reported to have been asked by Chairman Trujillo to "walk" (leave the room).

Why would a Chairman ask committee members to "walk" before a vote?

Simple, if they were not there to vote against the bad amendments, the amendments would pass -- and they did.  And, if they are not there to vote in favor of a bill, the bill will be killed.  And it was.

So with the help of 4 Republicans, the bad amendments offered by Democrats passed and the bill was killed. 

How they voted:

The votes on the two bad amendments were the same 6-5 for passage:

Voting FOR the Bad Amendments
Randolph Bracy (D)
Dave Kerner (D)
Sharon Pritchett (D)
Charles Van Zant (R)
Clovis Watson (D)
Carlos Trujillo (R)

Voting AGAINST the Amendments
Dennis Baxley (R)
Jay Fant (R)
Gayle Harrell (R)
Scott Plakon (R)
Ross Spano (R)

ABSENT DURING VOTES on AMENDMENTS
Chris Latvala (R)
Ray Pilon (R)

FINALLY, as an insult to the bill Sponsor and supporters of bill, after gutting the bill, they KILLED THE BILL in a 6-6 tie vote -- a tie ALWAYS kills.

Voting AGAINST the BILL
Randolph Bracy (D)
Dave Kerner (D)
Sharon Pritchett (D)
Charles Van Zant (R)
   Clovis Watson (D)
Carlos Trujillo (R)

Voting FOR the BILL
Dennis Baxley (R)
Jay Fant (R)
Gayle Harrell (R)
Ray Pilon (R)
Scott Plakon (R)
Ross Spano (R)

ABSENT FOR THE VOTE ON THE BILL
Chris Latvala (R)

It is important to recognize and remember the committee members who were loyal to the Constitution and your right of self-defense -- as well it is the betrayers.

A report on other bills heard this week will be forthcoming.

FOLLOW NRA-ILA© 2015 National Rifle Association of America, Institute For Legislative Action. To contact NRA-ILA call 800-392-8683. Address: 11250 Waples Mill Road Fairfax, Virginia 22030.
Please do not reply to this email.
Unsubscribe from this email list| Manage your email lists
           Thank you!

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Unfortunately we are a tourist state, so I say absolutely Not
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#16]

To hell with the damned  mouse; I think we've got a good chance this time so long as Marion Hammer is in it to win and I believe that she is.

Let's keep writing to the legislators when we need to.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

To hell with the damned  mouse; I think we've got a good chance this time so long as Marion Hammer is in it to win and I believe that she is.

View Quote
I damn hope so. I'd like to open carry without the badge being visible.

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

This IS that time when contacting your reps matters.

Email, call.....it takes very little time....and it matters.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/VideoPlayer.aspx?eventID=2443575804_2015111211&committeeID=2835

Watching the hearing from Wed. The sheriff from Pinellas county is a cunt.
View Quote

He is the only Republican in my entire life that I have voted against passionately. (I didn't vote for a President in 2012 or 2008 on either side)

My buddy, one of his deputies, passed away and that guy didn't even call the family. (it was not line of duty)
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#20]

"This proposal for open carry is unnecessary and actually creates public safety issues. It does not solve public safety issues,” said Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri who has become the front man for the FSA’s fight against the proposal.

"It’ll make it difficult for law enforcement to identify a law abiding citizen with a gun from a potential threat to the officer,” he said.

It should be noted that the two GOP lawmakers voting against the measure, normally pro-gun Reps. Chris Latvala and Kathleen Peters, are from Pinellas County.

Gualtieri is an asshole and those two idiots will feel the repercussions of this vote in the next election.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

"This proposal for open carry is unnecessary and actually creates public safety issues. It does not solve public safety issues,” said Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri who has become the front man for the FSA’s fight against the proposal.

"It’ll make it difficult for law enforcement to identify a law abiding citizen with a gun from a potential threat to the officer,” he said.

It should be noted that the two GOP lawmakers voting against the measure, normally pro-gun Reps. Chris Latvala and Kathleen Peters, are from Pinellas County.
Gualtieri is an asshole and those two idiots will feel the repercussions of this vote in the next election.

View Quote

They and everyone involved needs to get contacted now, and often.

The window is still open, time to voice it up folks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#22]
How is a Sheriff not able to tell law breakers apart? That is a stupid argument and he should be raked over the coals for admitting that he is unable to tell if a person is breaking a law.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How is a Sheriff not able to tell law breakers apart? That is a stupid argument and he should be raked over the coals for admitting that he is unable to tell if a person is breaking a law.
View Quote

If I were in his district I'd call his office and ask if he is incompetent, because none of the Sheriffs in 46 other states have this problem.

I called my Sheriff to get his take and he claims that he's not against OC but the FSA does want some of the wording in the bill clarified...  Probably just politician talk for "I'm against it but don't want to say so".
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:25:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Oddly enough the sheriff's association favored open carry and opposed the concealed carry law because with open carry they could see who has a gun.

The truth of it is that they're anti gun rights at every occasion.

BTW: I believe that campus carry moved forward through committee by a wide margin the other day and the burden of proof amendment to stand your ground moved forward in the Senate after being sabotaged in the house.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:29:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

How does allowing only concealed carry alleviate that, and why is law enforcement in 46 other state able cope without difficulty and without any public safety issue at all?

What a load of crap.

NO EXCUSES FOR THE ELECTED OFFICIALS INCLUDING GOVERNOR SCOTT THIS TIME.

NONE.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:42:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

So what, Bob?  We voters are saying we want our rights and don't care if your job is more difficult.  I know I'm not putting even a proverbial gun to any sheriff's head and forcing him to seek election to such a difficult job.

In fact, why don't you decline to run next time around and find easier work?  Because the plan isn't to stop with licensed open carry.  The plan is for no permit open and concealed carry, but we're forced by pragmatism to take the recovery of our rights in steps rather than in one fell swoop.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:01:50 AM EDT
[#27]
So what's the rest of the FL OC process look like?

Any timeframe for a decision and what do you think the liklihood of it becoming a reality actually is?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

So what's the rest of the FL OC process look like?

Any timeframe for a decision and what do you think the liklihood of it becoming a reality actually is?

View Quote
I think in typical RINO fashion it the outcome. Those that are possibly up for re-election are going to support it and those that are safe/term limited will kill it since the voting public doesn't remember that much anyways.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where do all the tourists come from?  Maybe the 45 states that allow open carry.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Where do all the tourists come from?  Maybe the 45 states that allow open carry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Never mind. I should stick to wiring airplanes, not statistics...

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's 6,403,435 flying into Florida in a year, in the 3 major airports in Florida.

View Quote

TIA would disagree with this.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's 6,403,435 flying into Florida in a year, in the 3 major airports in Florida.

Looking at the statistics again at travel.trade.gov. Seeing different numbers for what seems to be the same thing on their reports.

Looks like the numbers I posted aren't correct.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Regardless, this will not effect tourism like they claim.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top