Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/8/2015 10:33:36 AM EDT
World's falling apart in many ways, figure why not assemble and have a beer or two?  

Not Arfcom sponsored (not sure if I needed to post this, but just in case).

UPDATE 11/23/2015:

Will call Gator's Dockside in Baldwin Park today to get some seating for this Friday, 11/27.  I'm thinking for 10, so we have some flexibility.

Please give a yay or nay on attendance so I can adjust accordingly.

Muchas grassyass.

ETA2: Called, they don't take reservations so I will get there around 630 or so and see about procuring enough tables for about 10 people ish.  We may have to play it by ear as far as seating/arranging, but hey...all part of the fun.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
What general area are we talking? Orlando? Just making sure my definition of central FL is right.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 2:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What general area are we talking? Orlando? Just making sure my definition of central FL is right.
View Quote

I'm out in Polk County but probably something closer to Orlando.  I'm open to suggestions.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
If my schedule permits it, I will try to go. I'm in Orlando myself.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in Polk County, I would be interested.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in NW Orlando area, I'd stop by for a beer if it were convenient. Last one we had here was across town. (I'm not sitting through an hour of traffic for a beer.)
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#6]
In Ocala.  Could do a meet.  Wont be back in CONUS until October though.
Should find a property sponsor, and do a keg.

JJ
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 5:45:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like we've got some interest.   Give me a few days to put something together - this week is hell...2 very demanding clients, assembling a home gym, plus a ton of other things going on...busy busy!

I'm thinking we'll target Orlando for simplicity's sake.  

In the interim, feel free to toss out suggestions for places.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:04:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Interested.   Central Orlando or Apopka area would be good as I am North Cen FL... but open.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 1:06:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm in if it occurs when I'm not traveling for work.  I'm in the Apopka area so the north end of town is preferable, but I'm willing to travel.

Don't tell my wife I suggested this, but they just opened a Twin Peaks restaurant in Altamonte.  It's like someone built a Hooters in a hunting lodge, made the outfits smaller, and added a full bar...
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:42:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Last time we arranged meet up, three people showed up.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

lol

well central fla covers a big area.

a guy from tampa will say he is central..while a guy in say merrit island says he's central..then you got guys on the east coast in flager beach  saying they are central..and three guys from marion and  lake county will say they are. then some one will says lets do itthe 10th,,another the 12th,,three more the 20th..and one guy who says only tuesdays work for him between 10am to 3 pm.

so you get a guy to say lets meet at jim bobs guns,booze and blow off I-drive in orlando ay 7 pm.

which puts everyone at a 1.5+ hour drive to go have beers. except for the three guys that live in maitland,apopka and debary and they sit down for happy hour wondering why no one showed up!

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was more than 3.  A few years back I put one together, it was northern Orlando at Bahama Breeze or some place like that IIRC.   It wasn't a huge crowd, but more than 3 for sure.   Did you put one together at some point after that?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Can I wear socks with my sandals and my new 5.11 shirt?
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can I wear socks with my sandals and my new 5.11 shirt?
View Quote

I'd be disappointed if you didn't.

Serious note - this week has been hell and isn't going to brighten up any, it seems.  Still thinking about the 'where' part of it, but I'm thinking someplace that has a mean steak and where we can shoot the breeze over a few after would fit the bill.

I'll check back in on this as the dust settles.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It was more than 3.  A few years back I put one together, it was northern Orlando at Bahama Breeze or some place like that IIRC.   It wasn't a huge crowd, but more than 3 for sure.   Did you put one together at some point after that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Half dozen or better; I stopped by for a minute while out with the wife.

I have a hard time in noisy places like that, I can't discern conversation from background noise, it's kind of a waste of time for me to meet people I'd actually like to converse with in a noisy club.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Oops, double post.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have a hard time in noisy places like that, I can't discern conversation from background noise, it's kind of a waste of time for me to meet people I'd actually like to converse with in a noisy club.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it was 3.  I said the last one.  You two couldn't make it, or it would have been 5.  

You guys are thinking of the Ale House get together in Altamonte, where they sat us at the pool table.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 5:40:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No, it was 3.  I said the last one.  You two couldn't make it, or it would have been 5.  

You guys are thinking of the Ale House get together in Altamonte, where they sat us at the pool table.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, right right right. You're correct.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Frost if you are there wearing one of my patches I'll come down from Jacksonville.

Would like to meet some of you fl guys.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 6:22:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i was there for that one, ya could have been a bit quieter  but still a good time
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#21]
That's the one I dropped by from Tampa. I enjoyed the meet, but it would be nice to find a place on the south side of Orlando. Of course it will depend on the date and work schedule if I could make it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Can we find a place we can shoot a little on private land THEN have a beer or two? Or are you guys just looking to ogle waitresses at Hooters on I-Drive? I don't do Downtown Orlando. I have too many "clients" in Downtown that wouldn't be happy to see me. Unless of course you guys wanted to Blade at 45* A LOT
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 5:24:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Can we find a place we can shoot a little on private land THEN have a beer or two? Or are you guys just looking to ogle waitresses at Hooters on I-Drive? I don't do Downtown Orlando. I have too many "clients" in Downtown that wouldn't be happy to see me. Unless of course you guys wanted to Blade at 45* A LOT
View Quote

I don't do hooters or anyplace like it. Quite happy with my GF at home.

That said, I was thinking more steakhouse/beer or two since I don't know anyone with land around this way, but that could be something to look into.  I welcome any input.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 5:42:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That said, I was thinking more steakhouse/beer or two since I don't know anyone with land around this way, but that could be something to look into.  I welcome any input.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

there is a nice place in the Baldwin park area- gators dockside, don't know if that is a convenient spot
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

there is a nice place in the Baldwin park area- gators dockside, don't know if that is a convenient spot
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baldwin is nice, I would recommend that.

I also like the idea of using someones land to shoot all day
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:31:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Bumping.

Sorry for delays.  Work is...not smooth.   Lots of higher-ups suddenly leaving (I am a contractor for a major bank), and I am also furloughed this fall.

I am liking the idea of Baldwin Park.  Gator's could work.  They have a great sushi place there too, but I suspect that might not be everyone's first choice.

Going off just my calendar, I'm eyeballin' the weekends of 10/30, 11/6, or 11/13.

What's everyone's take on that?

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Bumping.

Sorry for delays.  Work is...not smooth.   Lots of higher-ups suddenly leaving (I am a contractor for a major bank), and I am also furloughed this fall.

I am liking the idea of Baldwin Park.  Gator's could work.  They have a great sushi place there too, but I suspect that might not be everyone's first choice.

Going off just my calendar, I'm eyeballin' the weekends of 10/30, 11/6, or 11/13.

View Quote

I could get up there for a weekend, but would have to be further out (11/28 or 29)
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I could get up there for a weekend, but would have to be further out (11/28 or 29)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bumping.

I have no issue with it being further out.   How about others?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm hunting  10/30 and 11/6, so I wouldn't make it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:54:00 PM EDT
[#30]
So, would this event be open to any old 13'er in the area?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm hunting  10/30 and 11/6, so I wouldn't make it.
View Quote

We're now looking to later November.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends.  Do you like being the big spoon, or the little spoon?  

I kid.  Of course you can attend.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool!  I have no opinion on a date..I'll keep an eye on the plans & show if I can.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Checking in from Leesburg.
I'm in as long as the date scheduled doesn't conflict with anything else I have going on.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 5:28:54 AM EDT
[#35]
I put in for time off, see if it gets approved in a couple of days
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 12:29:46 AM EDT
[#37]
I like to shoot as well, but don't know how much free time I would have (between meet up at restaurant and shoot), I go up to take care of my parents, they are both having health issues. I haven't lived in Orlando for over 20 years  back then I just drove out to Bithlo, found a dirt road..drove a bit got out and started shooting
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I like to shoot as well, but don't know how much free time I would have (between meet up at restaurant and shoot), I go up to take care of my parents, they are both having health issues. I haven't lived in Orlando for over 20 years  back then I just drove out to Bithlo, found a dirt road..drove a bit got out and started shooting
View Quote

Whole lotta in that general area, now.   Might get you into a bit of a pickle with the law if you did that today.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 11:24:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Whole lotta in that general area, now.   Might get you into a bit of a pickle with the law if you did that today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh ,i know...I was just remembering good times of youth ..
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Gators Dockside Baldwin Park

Friday, 11/27, 7pm

gtg?
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 3:35:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Friday, 11/27, 7pm

gtg?
View Quote

should be good for me
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

should be good for me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Friday, 11/27, 7pm

gtg?

should be good for me

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#43]
I'll try to make that; I'm off duty.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#44]
I work that weekend 0600-1812, Fri, Sat and Sun.

I would have like to meet some of you summmmmmmaaaaaabitches!
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I work that weekend 0600-1812, Fri, Sat and Sun.

I would have like to meet some of you summmmmmmaaaaaabitches!
View Quote

If too many others can't, we can move.  Not locked into the date.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 11:56:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Tagscribe.

I live pretty close to baldwin park. November weekends work for me.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just saw this thread, were down to come meet up with you guys whenever. Located in Ocoee/ Winter Garden area.
View Quote

Interesting -- moved out of that area back in May.  Lived in 'Independence.'
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top