Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2015 10:24:57 PM EDT
Hey gents-

Thought I'd let everyone in Jax know that I checked 7 stores today and not one had an AR for this clearance stuff.  Apparently, they're all cleared out,

For reference, I checked these:

Mandarin
Fleming Island
South Blanding
103rd
Normandy
Lem Turner
Monument

I tried to check the one off airport road, but they closed due to a power outage.  I didn't bother with US1, Atlantic, or Beach Blvd. stores because I figured they'd already be cleared out if they sold guns.

Figured I'd drop this info just in case some of you might be thinking about going out and having a look for some like I was.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Macclenny... I didnt see any Colts left, but I thought I saw a Winham Weaponry AR15 there last week.

i've also heard Starke is a good one to try, but its a far ride for me and no one answers the phone when I've called.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:54:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I might give them a call tomorrow.  I figured the more west I went, into more rural country, the chances of finding one would go down.  Figured there must be loads of firearms people out that way.

There's also a slim chance I have to head toward Daytona tomorrow.  Might check out a few walmarts on the way if I can figure out which ones sell guns.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 5:55:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Clermont is cleared out, to my knowledge.  Haven't had the chance to poke around any others.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Ocala Gainesville Leesburg Dunnellon The Villages Summerfield: empty as I called 15 stores yesterday.

Starke sold out as of 0742

Macclienny: no colts
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Saint Cloud hasn't had an AR in months.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ocala Gainesville Leesburg Dunnellon The Villages Summerfield: empty as I called 15 stores yesterday.

View Quote

Well that certainly makes my job easier haha.  Thanks for calling
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was hoping to post a "Last Colt for $500" thread, but i guess that's not happening...
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#8]
if any of you guys are looking for hunting rifles, ect. north lakeland had sub $400 remington 700, sub $300 savage axis (plus savage has a $50 mail in rebate on the axis right now), they also had one of the savage a17 (semi auto .17 hmr) sub $400 bucks.

no idea on calibers except the a17. they also had a savage pump action 12 gauge for less than $200 (i think $176) these are regular prices, didn't see any sale type price tags.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Fort Walton Beach and Niceville are also cleared out; the Navarre Walmart does not carry firearms.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#10]
There are still good deals besides the AR stuff! I walked out with a Savage Rascal .22, a Savage 93r17 .17HMR, and a Remington 870 Express Tactical 12ga for $400 OTD!
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#11]
What is happening? Did Walmart decide to stop carrying ARs or is there something else going on?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There are still good deals besides the AR stuff! I walked out with a Savage Rascal .22, a Savage 93r17 .17HMR, and a Remington 870 Express Tactical 12ga for $400 OTD!
View Quote

i have yet to find a walmart that stocks the savage rascal. i got one for a kid, i ended up having to buy her another one (i kept the first one ) it is almost to small and light, but it is a tack driver and fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What is happening? Did Walmart decide to stop carrying ARs or is there something else going on?
View Quote

my opinion is they just were not moving, the market is truly flooded. when places like psa are selling $169 dollar barreled uppers, and anderson has $39 lowers at every vendor it is hard for a store to sell $900 dollar rifles. they will be out of the game until the next panic makes it profitable again.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

i have yet to find a walmart that stocks the savage rascal. i got one for a kid, i ended up having to buy her another one (i kept the first one ) it is almost to small and light, but it is a tack driver and fun to shoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know. I've been looking for one for the kids and for $79 I couldn't pass it up! now I'm tempted to get myself one! So small and light and with the accutrigger it's hard to beat!
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I know. I've been looking for one for the kids and for $79 I couldn't pass it up! now I'm tempted to get myself one! So small and light and with the accutrigger it's hard to beat!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

holy shit $79 bucks? i just bought 2 of them a month ago through davidsons for $179 out the door. i would buy 10 of them at $79. great little rifles, will buy more. most savages right now have a rebate, so check the site and see if you get some money back.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone checked the Pensacola Wal marts? I'm in the area and am planning on hitting all of them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Land O Lakes Wal Mart has moved all AR stuff off the shelves. There appears to be new instructions dated 8/24 to redo the aisle.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The walmart on Colonial in East Orlando said he had one when I was in there on Saturday. All the other good cheap stuff was gone. He said they sold out of ARs long before they got discounted, and they don't have them listed to reorder anymore.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#19]
P
Quoted:

holy shit $79 bucks? i just bought 2 of them a month ago through davidsons for $179 out the door. i would buy 10 of them at $79. great little rifles, will buy more. most savages right now have a rebate, so check the site and see if you get some money back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow! Thanks! I just checked and the 93r17 that I got for $99 has a $25 rebate!

ETA: I figured what the heck and checked the Remington website and the 870 tactical has a $25 rebate!
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
P

ETA: I figured what the heck and checked the Remington website and the 870 tactical has a $25 rebate!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
P
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

great deal, now take that rebate and buy more savage to get more rebate.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:40:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Apparently Wal-Mart is out of the AR game now, there was a press release about it recently.

Personally I'm only looking for ammo and maybe a semi auto .22 rifle I can suppress now
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Apparently Wal-Mart is out of the AR game now, there was a press release about it recently.

Personally I'm only looking for ammo and maybe a semi auto .22 rifle I can suppress now
View Quote

Yeah me too. I just bought a sparrow this week so I have that 4 month wait to look forward to now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah me too. I just bought a sparrow this week so I have that 4 month wait to look forward to now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice. I picked up a Sig 1911-22 and five mags last week myself so I'm trying to decide what can I want and where to have it transferred to now...
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah I was torn between the specter II and the sparrow and since my LGS only had the sparrow I let that be my decision maker. The reviews are great for both with the nod going to the sparrow for rifle and the specter for pistols. They are both good for magnums. I shoot mostly rifle and the cleaning is super easy on the sparrow so that kind of sealed the deal also.

ETA: I've got a walther p22, savage .17 hmr, and a .22 bolt gun that will be suppressed. I think I'll pick up a 10/22 takedown also.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Dont bother looking in Ormond Beach
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

my opinion is they just were not moving, the market is truly flooded. when places like psa are selling $169 dollar barreled uppers, and anderson has $39 lowers at every vendor it is hard for a store to sell $900 dollar rifles. they will be out of the game until the next panic makes it profitable again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Walmart CEO recently did a TV interview in which he basically stated that Walmart won't be selling any more evil "semi automatic" firearms due to the recent shootings and that they might drop certain kinds of ammo as well.

According to him the customers they should be serving are the "hunters" and those that "shoot sporting clays" and that their merchandise will reflect that.

The somber, sad faced, female interviewer, using quiet tones, nodded sadly and somberly in agreement.

The very  same walmart CEO had previously given another, opposite,  interview in which he pledged to continue selling ARs because that's what their customers wanted and they were mainstream firearms.

Then he changed his mind due to the shootings and perhaps, political pressure.

I've always expected the time would come when Walmart, where firearms account for  a miniscule portion of sales, would turn on a dime and walk away from us, which is why I've always avoided using Walmart for my shooting needs in favor of local purely firearms based businesses.

Make no mistake, the Walmart CEO outlined the company's reason for dropping ARs and other shooting accessories, and it wasn't because they weren't selling.

"The CEO of the world's largest retailer, Doug McMillon, says the types of firearms Walmart sells should be curated for activities like hunting and sporting clays."

http://money.cnn.com/video/news/2015/06/23/walmart-ceo-guns-charleston-shooting.cnnmoney/

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The Walmart CEO recently did a TV interview in which he basically stated that Walmart won't be selling any more evil "semi automatic" firearms due to the recent shootings and that they might drop certain kinds of ammo as well.

According to him the customers they should be serving are the "hunters" and those that "shoot sporting clays" and that their merchandise will reflect that.

The somber, sad faced, female interviewer, using quiet tones, nodded sadly and somberly in agreement.

The very  same walmart CEO had previously given another, opposite,  interview in which he pledged to continue selling ARs because that's what their customers wanted and they were mainstream firearms.

I've always expected the time would come when Walmart, where firearms account for  a miniscule portion of sales, would turn on a dime and walk away from us, which is why I've always avoided using Walmart for my shooting needs in favor of local purely firearms based businesses.

Make no mistake, the Walmart CEO outlined the company's reason for dropping ARs and other shooting accessories, and it wasn't because they weren't selling.
"The CEO of the world's largest retailer, Doug McMillon, says the types of firearms Walmart sells should be curated for activities like hunting and sporting clays."

http://money.cnn.com/video/news/2015/06/23/walmart-ceo-guns-charleston-shooting.cnnmoney/

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hmm, I'd pick up a nice browning/beretta O/U at a walmart price

that's the only positive thing I can get out of that article

oh, and deland walmart is empty as well, haven't seen anything since the first bit of markdowns
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:50:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

oh, and deland walmart is empty as well, haven't seen anything since the first bit of markdowns
View Quote

LOL, was in Deland yesterday, WalMart was empty, ended up going to Tactical Machining and got 3 80% lowers.   Thought about going to AAA to see what they have... but ran out of time.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Pussies. I shop at Walmart rarely, usually to get cheap shotgun birdshot and clays and random house stuff while I'm there. I never liked Wal-mart and I'll be going elsewhere now
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Ammo was the only thing I went there for.  Now with them pulling this Libbey crud I have zero reason to go. Let's hope there's a boycott. Especially in the southern rural zone which is WM bread and butter. Let's cost the CEO his job.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:44:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I bought a Remington 700 because of the low price. What a terrible purchase experience. It is no wonder at all that they had trouble selling America's most popular rifle.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:49:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ammo was the only thing I went there for.  Now with them pulling this Libbey crud I have zero reason to go. Let's hope there's a boycott. Especially in the southern rural zone which is WM bread and butter. Let's cost the CEO his job.
View Quote

Well at least they even sell ammo.  I'd rather shop at Walmart who actually sells ammo and some guns rather that shopping at Target which sells no guns or ammo.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Well at least they even sell ammo.  I'd rather shop at Walmart who actually sells ammo and some guns rather that shopping at Target which sells no guns or ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're nuts haha.  At least target has cashiers manning their registers.  It takes me no less than 15 minutes to get out of a walmart once I'm ready to check out.  At least in target it's less than 3 minutes, sometimes less than 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Walmart CEO; "the types of ammunition we sell should be curated to those things". ............"hunting and sporting clays".

The CEO's statement doesn't appear to lend itself to the belief that going forward, Walmart will be continuing to sell "tactical" OR "training" ammunition for rifles or handguns.

Who knows for sure; he lied before and could be lying now, but I'll purchase my all shooting needs elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The walmart on Colonial in East Orlando said he had one when I was in there on Saturday. All the other good cheap stuff was gone. He said they sold out of ARs long before they got discounted, and they don't have them listed to reorder anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THAT Walmart sold guns?  Wow, I thought that one wasn't one that did...not sure why, I've always hit the Clermont store.   I head out that way often...I should stop in and check out their ammo situation.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

THAT Walmart sold guns?  Wow, I thought that one wasn't one that did...not sure why, I've always hit the Clermont store.   I head out that way often...I should stop in and check out their ammo situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's always barren.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#37]
This is one big reason for me to skip Wal_mart altogether, which wont effect my wallet much, if at all. Completely skipping Wal*mart will make all the other parts of me very happy though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top