Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2015 3:40:46 PM EDT
I just got my tax statement and it shows my assessed value increased 3.74%.  I thought here in Florida they were capped at no more than a 3% increase per year?  I am in Lake county if that makes any difference.

Edit.  It sure looks like 3% is the maximum.  Florida tax
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Off to the property appraiser. My sister got a tax estimate that was over 3% and they fixed it for her.
I assume your house is homesteaded? Non homestead is exempt IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Thanks.  Yes, I have been here for awhile so I guess I will visit the property appraiser next week.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just got my tax statement and it shows my assessed value increased 3.74%.  I thought here in Florida they were capped at no more than a 3% increase per year?  I am in Lake county if that makes any difference.

Edit.  It sure looks like 3% is the maximum.  Florida tax
View Quote

Lake county showed mine dropping by 3k LOL ...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Well I found out why my assessed value went up so much was due to my having a screened enclosure built.  Paid cash to have it built and now I get the pleasure of paying the government every year for having it.  Bastards.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well I found out why my assessed value went up so much was due to my having a screened enclosure built.  Paid cash to have it built and now I get the pleasure of paying the government every year for having it.  Bastards.  

View Quote

LOL I wonder what made mine drop in value.
Maybe its the new water heater...naw
Extra insulation ...naw
Removal of eye sore shabby well pump house...naw...
4k$ in fencing ...naw....

Taxes aren't bad on my end do I can't bitch much but I love how they get their values....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fkrs tax me $3 a year just for my electric gate.  Then they have the nerve to get pissed off when I refuse to let them on my property to "update" their records ...............................    

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Feel lucky then, because some municipalities might take the opportunity (you made "significant" permitted improvements) to raise your assessed value a bunch more so that it negates all those years they were limited to 3%.  There's probably a law that says they can only increase the assessment commensurate with the added value of the improvements, but .gov and all.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:52:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is written in the law somewhere that if you pull a permit on the property you will be getting an actual tax assesment appraisal without the 3% protection for that year. I'm sure they just did a drive by on your place and figured the #'s after finding a good place for lunch instead of actually scheduling something with you so they could see it, being the improvement was in the back yard and all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top