Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2015 7:06:30 PM EDT
Looking for a good reputable gun store that does transfers, has good staff and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I'm in St John's County (northern part) I was spoiled in central VA with 2 great local stores and 1 mediocre one. It would help if they accept transfers from private sellers also as I purchases firearms from the EE regularly.

Always a plus if they have a good stock of guns and ammo themselves too!
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
for the cheapest theres a place at Jax Beach... I think its Jim's Doghouse or something like that.

But i would say just send it to gun gallery... bunch of nice guys over there.  And you can shoot your new toy at their range before going home.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks i'd rather have good and decent guys than super cheap but transfer fees ranged from $25 - $100 depending on where i went in VA so i always like to check.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I would also skip going to Shooter's for an FFL transfer.  One of my co-workers had a stripped lower sent there.  He told me the FFL fee + background check was almost $50 on a $75 lower.  Lol.

Might be partially his fault since he probably didnt ask what their fee was.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:11:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks i'd rather have good and decent guys than super cheap but transfer fees ranged from $25 - $100 depending on where i went in VA so i always like to check.
View Quote

Then Gun Gallery sounds like your place.  They are good people.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gun gaLeroy doesn't do those type of transfers. They won't be able to help you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:58:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They won't transfer a lower?
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Check with evlutionz
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Get A Grip Firearms on Kingsley in OP is $25 OTD
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do they do transfer from private sellers?

Going to go up to beaches tomorrow to check on the other place. Thanks for the help guys
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#10]
jims doghouse in jax beach has limited hours, so if you are going there, call ahead of time to make sure he's going to be there.

it's a small shop in a strip mall, that does dog grooming and he has an ffl.

there is a place called florida custom weapon finishing on powers, which is south of university.

it is a small shop in in a set of office units in front of a storage unit place. they do weapon refinishing, and have an ffl.

http://floridacustomweaponfinishing.com/

both places accept receiving firearms from online places, if you call
them and setup the transaction. I haven't talked to them about private
party transfers.

I've used both places several different times.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
jims doghouse in jax beach has limited hours, so if you are going there, call ahead of time to make sure he's going to be there.
it's a small shop in a strip mall, that does dog grooming and he has an ffl.

there is a place called florida custom weapon finishing on powers, which is south of university.
it is a small shop in in a set of office units in front of a storage unit place. they do weapon refinishing, and have an ffl.
http://floridacustomweaponfinishing.com/

both places accept receiving firearms from online places, if you call them and setup the transaction. I haven't talked to them about private party transfers.

I've used both places several different times.

View Quote

I second FCWF. I use them for all of my transfers and they are very professional and easy to deal with. They have a little table there for you to inspect your new gun while the background check clears.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:42:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Going to go up to beaches tomorrow to check on the other place. Thanks for the help guys
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep any transfers (other than NFA)
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#13]
shooting sports pro shop in St Augustine?
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Get a grip for sure has the best prices and the owner is a good guy. I have referred several of my friends and all have been pleased. I'm also a big Gun Gallery fan but the transfers cost more and I don't think they accept from individuals.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:03:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Get a grip for sure has the best prices and the owner is a good guy. I have referred several of my friends and all have been pleased. I'm also a big Gun Gallery fan but the transfers cost more and I don't think they accept from individuals.
View Quote

seconded on Get a Grip. Esp if you have more than one to transfer as well.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Companies or individuals may not advertise or sell products and/or services in the forums without permission from an admin.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I also live in North St Johns & use a retired cop that lives right off Roberts Rd, great guy to deal with. His info is E. Michael's Gun Shop 904-504-3722 (he does gun shows on the weekends).
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They did a transfer for me on a bolt action rifle about 3 months ago. Don't see why a lower would be different. I want to say they charged $25.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top