Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2015 6:02:55 PM EDT
Going over tomorrow, will CCW but just curious as to their policy, etc.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why would you care?  It's not illegality to carry there despite whatever their policy is. Don't be a sheep!
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I was there a few weeks back. Carried my g19. I didn't notice any official policy, concealed means concealed

AFAIK only the federal and state gun laws are enforceable in Florida. Store policies are just polices, they can only ask you to leave/kick you out but you aren't breaking the law.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:01:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why would you care?  It's not illegality to carry there despite whatever their policy is. Don't be a sheep!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im far from a sheep, I was just curious...
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:40:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Miami store requires firearms to be unloaded and checked-in but personally (1) concealed means concealed, (2) I think overall safety is improved by not letting the 16 year old greeter who can't work in any department handle my loaded firearm, and (3) to repeat, concealed means concealed. Besides, my Shield w/o a trigger lock might be the only useful firearm in the store.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Miami store requires firearms to be unloaded and checked-in but personally
View Quote

That little tid bit is for if one is going in to shoot at their gun range.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Miami store requires firearms to be unloaded and checked-in but personally (1) concealed means concealed, (2) I think overall safety is improved by not letting the 16 year old greeter who can't work in any department handle my loaded firearm, and (3) to repeat, concealed means concealed. Besides, my Shield w/o a trigger lock might be the only useful firearm in the store.
View Quote

The Dania store also requires firearms to be unloaded and checked in but that applies only to guns being brought to the range to shoot and not concealed carry guns.

Bass Pro, although a terrible place to buy a gun, is not CCW unfriendly.

Edit....Beaten by only a few seconds.[B)
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I live close by and have been there twice.
Just keep it concealed and don't finger fuck it, you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I go by the "concealed means concealed" theory and do not pay attention to store policies forbidding guns.  The consequences of carrying were you weren't supposed to be are much less than those of not having a gun when you needed it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:28:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Miami store requires firearms to be unloaded and checked-in but personally

Miami store does not have a range.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:57:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Bass Pro Shops Official Policy

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/bass3.pdf

III. Policy

All Bass Pro Shops Managers and Associates are required to support both our customer’s legal rights to possess firearms and our company procedures for safe gun handling in our stores.

All store personnel should understand their local laws and ordinances regarding concealed carry (aka closed carry) and open carry of firearms, and apply the store safety procedures in a manner that is consistent with the law.

Firearms and devices capable of discharging a projectile may only be brought into Bass Pro Shops for the purpose of exchange, return, repair, scope mounting or to use in our indoor ranges.

Unless exempt as described below, all customers who bring firearms or devices capable of discharging a projectile to the Customer Service Desk, first must be directed to the Greeters Desk before any associate handles the firearm or device.

All firearms or devices meeting the above criteria must be checked by a certified greeter or a member of Operations Support to assure that they are unloaded, with magazine detached, and that they are properly secured with a trigger lock prior to proceeding to the Customer Service Desk or any other area of the store.

Customers that are legally carrying a concealed firearm or legally open carrying a firearm are not required check their firearm with the Greeter. Also, Law Enforcement and Armored Car Personnel are not required to check their firearm.

IV. Procedures

If your state has a Concealed Firearm Law, a customer can legally have a firearm concealed.

The customer may or may not check in at the Greeter’s desk.

If the customer has a firearm and they state they have a Concealed Firearms Permit they will not be required to check the firearm in for clearing or a lock.

At no time is Bass Pro Shops expected to ask for proof of a concealed permit

And there you have it.

The policy in it's entirety can be found at the link.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I go by the "concealed means concealed" theory and do not pay attention to store policies forbidding guns.  The consequences of carrying were you weren't supposed to be are much less than those of not having a gun when you needed it.
View Quote

+1

Save a lot of time trying to dig up the policies and trying to decipher them.

It's Florida after all - just carry!
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Some folks like to know the official policies of companies so they can avoid giving their business to anti second amendment businesses whenever possible, especially when it comes to places that sell guns, ammunition, and shooting supplies .

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

THIS^
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#14]
yeah it was a pain in the ass going to the range at the one in dania, why they did not make a separate extra entrance for the range I don't know.  Also the range rules were pretty strict so I never went back. had to sit to shoot a rifle, not allowed to shoot pistols on the rifle range, all rounds that you bring have the magnet test.   complete pain in the rear. not sure if they ever changed them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top