Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2015 10:11:13 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

Gonna be heading down to the Destin area in a month or so and I am wanting to get some options of what to do and where to eat while in town.

Also, any good gun shops to hit up?

Thanks in advance for the info!

Take Care,

SS
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Any help is appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Harbor Docks is a great place to eat (or at least was when I lived there).  McGuires has good food and the Irish Wake will really blow your panties off.  The beach is always nice to go to.  Lots of charter boats for fishing and you can really slay some red snapper...  Crab Island on the weekends is a freaking great time.  If you're into airplanes and don't want to go to the beach, Eglin AFB has a pretty good museum.  Hopefully that gives you some ideas.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Jimmy's gun shop in ft Walton, off of Eglin Pkwy.
Ranger firearms in Ft Walton off of Lewis Turner.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm taking the family there in late September. For places to eat (I don't know if all these are still open, our last visit was 4-5 years ago), check out Fudpuckers, Dewey Destin, The Shed, Lucky Snapper, McGuire's Irish Pub, and Fisherman's Wharf.

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Any other suggestions??
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 12:22:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Cruise over to Pensacola and take a gander at the National Naval Aviation Museum. I haven't been there yet, but it looks really cool. It's free, and you can watch the blue angels practice if you plan it around their schedule. Attractions include a number of display aircraft, IMAX theater with some pretty cool looking programming, flight sims, blue angels practice, etc. Learn more here.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:26:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I am there (here) now for a business trip.
had a couple hours today so I drove down to Destin Beach (the state park)

nice beach, didn't stay long due to the weather.

seemed pretty touristy along the gulf coast side

wish I had more time to explore

I came to the FL HTF to see what kind of info I could glean on the area.

I'm searching for a new place to live....anyway.
if I had/have the time this week, the Navy Museum mentioned above has been on my list for some time.....

eta: was told by a couple locals I'm working with that Navarre Beach is the best one in the area..
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

if I had/have the time this week, the Navy Museum mentioned above has been on my list for some time.....

eta: was told by a couple locals I'm working with that Navarre Beach is the best one in the area..
View Quote

Grayton Beach might be more appealing to you. That, Seagrove or Santa Rosa
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#10]
There is the Air Force Armament Museum just outside Eglin AFB,
Also check out Second Amendment in Niceville.
There is a bunch of small places to eat at the Emerald Grand, and a Margaritaville, and there is a Cheeseburger In Paradise down at Silversands Outlet, which is a good place to let the SO go if you have one. Down 98 a few miles past Destin Commons. Also check out Bass Pro.
If you want to do some fishing, there is that, and you can rent kayaks at Liquid Surf and Sail on the  Miracle Strip Pkwy in Ft. Walton.  You will need a license to fish though, unless you do a charter, as most of them have a boat license for out of towners...
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks for the tips.. I unfortunately came home last night as we wrapped up the project early.  I was looking forward to having down time yesterday and today to go explore, but they
said to come on back home.. I definitely want to go back and look around some more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top