[#1]
Legal or not?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Legal or not?
View Quote

If he was fishing or doing something outdoor sport related, yes.  

Should of had a fishing pole! Could have said he went to the pier and then to get food and was heading back.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I once carried a loaded M-16 into a McDonalds in Coconut Grove and they were so happy to see me the Manager gave me all the free food I could carry.

That guy was just being obtuse though.......
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:41:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#6]
The guy is an idiot!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Should of had a fishing pole! Could have said he went to the pier and then to get food and was heading back.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legal or not?

Not that broad and simple... seems this guy wanted attention and he got it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Guy is suffering from excessive YouTube.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Idiot
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm all for open carry but I can't say I wouldn't get my wife and I out of the area if I saw this guy walking around with that.  He may be expressing his 2nd Amendment rights but I don't know that.  If OC was legal, which it probably never will be in FL, and people we walking around armed with pistols on their hips, that's one thing and I'm more than fine with that.  But this?...not so much.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#12]
dumb asssssss
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Ohhh this will get shitwoods panties bundled LOL
I remember a meeting where they pulled over a Guy with a loaded ak47 magazine
Chitwood-
"Here you can see the loaded magazine ....from what I'm told that is Russian ammo...."
Room of cops and atf agents
"Gasp ...umm..OMG..wtf..."
Chitwood-
"We all know what that ammo does........"

I busted out giggling and said you can buy that shit at Walmart and all this hand wringing over a mag ..no gun at all.....to my supervisor next to me....

Chitwood
"Id like to introduce agent x and y from the ATF....."

Who stood up behind me....
Oppsy.

Csb I know.

Dirtona sucks.

And that OC Guy is stupid...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Yup! He's a Moron! You've got to be stupid to think your going to go on your merry way without police grinding on yer face.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ohhh this will get shitwoods panties bundled LOL
I remember a meeting where they pulled over a Guy with a loaded ak47 magazine
Chitwood-
"Here you can see the loaded magazine ....from what I'm told that is Russian ammo...."
Room of cops and atf agents
"Gasp ...umm..OMG..wtf..."
Chitwood-
"We all know what that ammo does........"

I busted out giggling and said you can buy that shit at Walmart and all this hand wringing over a mag ..no gun at all.....to my supervisor next to me....

Chitwood
"Id like to introduce agent x and y from the ATF....."

Who stood up behind me....
Oppsy.

Csb I know.

Dirtona sucks.

And that OC Guy is stupid...

View Quote

I grew up not far from Daytona. It's a  MAGNET for run-aways, hookers, drug dealers, con artists, kooks and low fife scum in general and always has been. It has a nice beach but the nut jobs there make it so untenable that everybody that I know goes to New Smyrna Beach or elsewhere. It's places like Daytona that give Florida it's reputation for weirdos!

PS According to the Orlando news-rag, after the po-po stopped him the guy claimed that he was coming from fishing but had no fishing gear on him!  Also no body got excited and called po-po until after he walked into the local Burger King with his AR-15. Po-po said it had a loaded 30 mag in it and one round in the chamber!  They ticketed him for misdemeanor open carry and took his rifle as "evidence".     Bye-bye AR-15!  It could have ended up a LOT worse for him!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#16]
   I grew up not far from Daytona. It's a  MAGNET for run-aways, hookers, drug dealers, con artists, kooks and low fife scum in general and always has been. It has a nice beach but the nut jobs there make it so untenable that everybody that I know goes to New Smyrna Beach or elsewhere. It's places like Daytona that give Florida it's reputation for weirdos!

PS According to the Orlando news-rag, after the po-po stopped him the guy claimed that he was coming from fishing but had no fishing gear on him!  Also no body got excited and called po-po until after he walked into the local Burger King with his AR-15. Po-po said it had a loaded 30 mag in it and one round in the chamber!  They ticketed him for misdemeanor open carry and took his rifle as "evidence".     Bye-bye AR-15!  It could have ended up a LOT worse for him!
View Quote

LOL! Nice beach my ass! Walking on that sand is like walking on pavement. Unless your talking about a different beach with soft sand I disagree. I have been to Dirtona once and probably will never go again. That place is a shit hole at best.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

LOL! Nice beach my ass! Walking on that sand is like walking on pavement. Unless your talking about a different beach with soft sand I disagree. I have been to Dirtona once and probably will never go again. That place is a shit hole at best.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sand ain't always hard. Just wear the tide compacts it....
Or do you need lil pillows strapped to your girl hoofs to get around :p

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must be from Dirtona and must of hurt your feelings. Call it want you want, all kidding aside it's still a shit hole!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You must be from Dirtona and must of hurt your feelings. Call it want you want, all kidding aside it's still a shit hole!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope...just from volusia county...I worked there...I moved way way west to get away from the fucking place...its gone down hill in the last 20 years...
Next time hit the beach in flager maybe that sands more your liking....
:)

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nope...just from volusia county...I worked there...I moved way way west to get away from the fucking place...its gone down hill in the last 20 years...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's soft like Clearwater beach sand I'll pass all though Clearwater beaches are nice. But I prefer the South Beach type sand. West palm I like very much. Besides I need to take care of my girl hoofs, the wife don't like course feet.:p
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Smear vasoline on em and wrap them in Walmart bags at night...smooth as a babies ass.. LOL

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Assault rifle?    Really, OP?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Assault rifle?    Really, OP?
View Quote

That was the title of the news article.  I did not create it.  But thanks for the pre-conceived judgment anyway.  Did you even look at the article???
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I talked to a cop that was involved in that incident shortly after it happened.  The idiot with the AR started out walking in Daytona Beach Shores with a buddy that was carrying both a fishing pole and a camera to back up the whole fishing story.  They were looking to be stars in another "Hassled by the cops for open carry." video on Youtube.

According to the cop I talked to, the Shores didn't give them the attention they wanted so they took their little circus to Daytona proper.  Sometime during the walk they got separated so when the cops stopped rifle guy and he tried to claim the fishing exemption for open carry they laughed at him and arrested him.

Just another open carry tard trying to make life difficult for non-attention seeking gun owners.  Seriously, if they would just calm down with the antics we might get open carry (of pistols) and campus carry passed some legislative session.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:40:22 PM EDT
[#25]
What a moron.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What a moron.
View Quote

Very true.  That said I support the moron's right to walk around carrying anything he chooses.  I just wish he would show some common sense and tact while doing so.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Some people just have to have attention or they will go even more crazy. ie Brucie Jenner this gun etc....
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 12:13:36 AM EDT
[#28]
I just left Daytona this afternoon.
Sorry I missed all of the excitement...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top