Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2015 4:58:26 PM EDT
Florida Firearms Training new dates, descriptions and photos for our 2 Day Hog Hunting School (and Hunt) now posted!!
Full details click here

Video Here: https://youtu.be/Fy2to_0ikrU
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Also know as mosquito feeding event
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thermocell is highly recommended.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this a paid advertisement for hunting?
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I am the lead instructor for Florida Firearms Training (the company supplying this training and hunt). I / we are an AR15.com approved instructor / school allowed to promote our courses on the forum. This is a Hog Hunt SCHOOL. We are not a hunt preserve, but have several good private preserve's that we use for our 2nd day of the class.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks like a blast! I notice there are several locations and hunting methods, are certain areas you use best suited to a certain method? I'd be really interested in learning a better way to stalk hunt.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That looks like a blast! I notice there are several locations and hunting methods, are certain areas you use best suited to a certain method? I'd be really interested in learning a better way to stalk hunt.
View Quote

Yes utilize Night vision and thermal......you can get close really close if you're good.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes utilize Night vision and thermal......you can get close really close if you're good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the part that sucks. I live in Suburbia but have all the equipment necessary for a night stalk. I need a lease because FWC would frown on me playing Bin Laden Raid with hogs in a WMA.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, the Okeechobee location we hunt is far more Spot and Stalk viable, most all the pigs we kill there are spot and stalk. The other location is Tree stand hunting.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok guys, we still have room for a few more. We are limiting this coming hunt school to 5 students maximum. Sign up now.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is a Video!

Click here for Video
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

and do you  need to go to school to learn how to shoot pigs?  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have land that holds wild boar, know how to hunt them, know how to shoot moving targets, know how to shoot from elevated positions, know how to stalk, know how to find hogs in their natural environment, know what best equipment, rifles, ammo options, best calibers etc are needed, know the laws, know the FWC areas to hunt.....then you don't NEED this course.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess some folks need instructions to tie their shoes as well.  Most of us, at least here on a gun forum, know what to do, based on a life time of doing.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I guess some folks need instructions to tie their shoes as well.  Most of us, at least here on a gun forum, know what to do, based on a life time of doing.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm sure even an experienced hog hunter as myself could probably learn a thing or two, don't come into people's threads and shit in them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top