Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2015 12:42:24 PM EDT
Course Name: Machine Gun Principles

Course Brief: Wow….MACHINE GUNS!. What a blast!, Here is your opportunity to play with real, legal, fully automatic, select fire weapons under the watchful eye of true professionals. If you been thinking of buying a machine gun as an investment, or just want to experience the ‘GRIN” value of shooting in ‘Rock and Roll Mode” …..This is a HAVE TO training event!

What to expect: Once you have picked your machine gun package and arrive on location, a FFT instructor who are mainly former military or law enforcement, will take you through a class room training program to teach you proper shooting stance, prepare you for what to expect in the range, go through one gun at a time providing background details on each firearm and of course explain the safety rules. You will then put on eye and ear protection and enter the gun range. Your instructor will be with you at all times to make sure you have the ultimate and safe experience.

This course is offered at both Okeechobee Shooting Sports and at FrogBones Family Shooting Center in Melbourne.

Next Course Dates are:
Okeechobee Shooting Sports:
May 30th 1pm (tomorrow)
July 5th 9am

FrogBones:
June 25th 5pm
July 23rd 5pm

Course Level: Introductory to Intermediate

Cost: $275 (includes training, range costs, targets, classroom, gun rentals and first 100 rounds of ammunition. Additional ammo can be purchased at the range, on location as needed.

Weapons: All the weapons used in our classes are legally manufactured weapons belonging to the facilities that we teach at. We are also happy to train you with your own legally owned weapons. For details and pricing please contact us directly.

Length: 3 Hours

Skills that will be Worked On and Topics Discussed in this Class:
• Firearms Safety
• Machine Gun Options
• Loading and Unloading of Weapons systems
• Safe Manipulation of Weapon
• Machine Gun Specific Procedures
• External Ballistics
• Correct Ready Positions
• Correct Shooting Stance
• Correct Range Procedures with Machine Guns
• Correct Trigger Control
• Malfunctions and Clearance
• Multiple Target Engagement

Skills and Requirements Needed Coming Into this Class:
• Must be comfortable and be competent while shooting in a traditional static range environment
• Must be have past experience and be familiar with basic manipulation for handguns / rifles.
• Must have concealed weapons permit or be willing to have a criminal background check.

Prerequisite:
• US Citizens, 21 or over, with valid ID, no felony convictions.
• Non – US citizens. 21 or over, with copy of passports, no felony convictions.
• All students must be willing to have a criminal background check conducted.
• FFT reserves the right to refuse training services to anyone

Equipment List:
- Clothing you would NORMALLY wear while at the range (no open toe shoes, no v-neck or tank-top shirts)
- Pen and Paper

These are limited to 6 students per class.

Call 561 450 9586 to sign up, or sign up on line at: https://www.floridafirearmstraining....tion_Form.html
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Well it sounds interesting, but at the same time it sounds very amateur/novice.  "This is the front of the gun.  When shooting in auto, it will rise, so you have to compensate more than normal."  "This is a good stance for shooting."  That kind of stuff.

Is there a more advanced version of this class?  Or is this one more than just a longer battlefield: Vegas experience?

I've got a transferrable mp5 and m16 w/ a mk18 upper on it.  I'd like to learn how to really run both platforms, but I already run them fairly well at the range.  Ie. I'm beyond the basics of feeding it, clearing malfunctions, compensating for muzzle rise, effectively using burst fire, etc.  I'd sign up for the class if it really challeneged me.

Edit:  Also, what are the weapons offered for use in the class?  I understand people can bring their own, and I'd consider that, but if I'm going to pay full price for the class (no discount for using my own weapons) I'm going to want to know what we'll be shooting.  And if we can use our own ammo or if we have to pay for the shop's because we're using their guns.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#2]
David,

Yes, you make some good observations.  This course is designed more for the novice, an introduction if you will to machine gun shooting, to teach safe and correct manipulation of select fire weapons, go through the various types of weapon systems (open and closed bolt) and give novice machine gun shooters a good basis from which to grow. The class includes guns and the first 100 rounds of ammo. More ammo to be used in these guns can be purchased at the range. However the class is open to persons that have their own weapons. If you bring your own guns you can use your own ammo and the cost for the class would be just $150.00

Currently the guns used in the Okeechobee classes include, AK47, M4 variants, RPK. We are awaiting the full list of guns for the Melbourne location which we expect to be vastly more varied.

We do offer more advanced running and gunning full auto classes, but these are by invitation and or by appointment only. These more advanced courses are not advertised per say and are closed event to class 3 owners, law enforcement and government only. We also run private classes for class 3 owners, booked to your schedule..... If that sounds more like what your looking for, feel free to contacts us directly.

[email protected]
561 450 9586

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah that sounds more like something I'd be interested in.  I'll give you guys a shout one of these days and maybe try to get into one of those classes.  I'd really like to learn how to truly run these guns.  Is one thing to run them in a class on semi, but I imagine it's totally different when select-fire.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah that sounds more like something I'd be interested in.  I'll give you guys a shout one of these days and maybe try to get into one of those classes.  I'd really like to learn how to truly run these guns.  Is one thing to run them in a class on semi, but I imagine it's totally different when select-fire.
View Quote

Look forward to it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#5]
We will be at the Frog Bones Family Shooting Center  location this coming Sunday running a Ladies Advanced Concealed class.....Stop by and say hi if your in the area.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds fun.

Belt fed is best fed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds fun.

Belt fed is best fed.
View Quote

Belt Fed RPD is available for rent at Okeechobee shooting sports.....if you can afford the ammo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top