Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2015 10:52:12 AM EDT
Where do you go for a notary ? lgs?  I am in the Sanford area.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have an account at at bank they will usually offer the service for free.  Some of the little pack-and-ship places do it for 5 bucks.  IIRC the statutory limit in Florida is 10 dollars.

Notarys are listed online on the governor's web site.  It it is broken down by zip code and not very user friendly.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Was going to do it at my local bank, but for whatever reason they were unable to at the time, so I ran to the good part of town and stopped at an amscot.  Interesting clientele, but I was done in maybe 5 minutes tops.  Think it was $20
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was going to do it at my local bank, but for whatever reason they were unable to at the time, so I ran to the good part of town and stopped at an amscot.  Interesting clientele, but I was done in maybe 5 minutes tops.  Think it was $20
View Quote

Florida State statutes set the maximum fee per notarial act at 10 dollars except for solemnizing a marriage which is 20 dollars.  If Amscot charged you 20 dollars to notarize your renewal they are in violation of state statutes.

F.S. 117.05
(2)(a) The fee of a notary public may not exceed $10 for any one notarial act, except as provided in s. 117.045.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Florida State statutes set the maximum fee per notarial act at 10 dollars except for solemnizing a marriage which is 20 dollars.  If Amscot charged you 20 dollars to notarize your renewal they are in violation of state statutes.

F.S. 117.05

(2)(a) The fee of a notary public may not exceed $10 for any one notarial act, except as provided in s. 117.045.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

F.S. 117.05

I'm sure they have a sleazy way around it, I'm not going to lose sleep over it

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:10:11 AM EDT
[#5]
UPS store.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#6]
my son's business accountant signed my renewel form. No charge.

Took less than two weeks to get my updated license back from Tallahassee.  Faster service than ever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top