Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2015 4:58:14 PM EDT
I just moved down to Ft. Lauderdale and I am looking at getting into some light competitive shooting, like USPSA production class or IDPA. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go or how to get into some matches locally? Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have South Florida Pistol Club (USPSA) out of Markham Park bookmarked.  I know it's active but no personal knowledge.  Also, Tripoint IDPA out west in Copeland, FL, is new and runs out of the Altair training facility. Same--no personal knowledge.

ETA Check with the folks at the Hollywood Rifle & Pistol Clum link they may be helpful.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have South Florida Pistol Club (USPSA) out of Markham Park bookmarked.  I know it's active but no personal knowledge.  Also, Tripoint IDPA out west in Copeland, FL, is new and runs out of the Altair training facility. Same--no personal knowledge.

ETA Check with the folks at the Hollywood Rifle & Pistol Clum link they may be helpful.
View Quote

Great thanks for the suggestions. Does anyone here shoot with South Florida Pistol Club?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Also Tropical Sport Shooting Association (IPDA) out of Markham Park.  I been intending to check them out forever but life has a way of intervening.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:34:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Okeechobee shooting sports  they have IDPA  and steel & web link  GSSF
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 1:38:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Recent Markham Park TSSA video

x
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:17:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I just moved down to Ft. Lauderdale and I am looking at getting into some light competitive shooting, like USPSA production class or IDPA. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go or how to get into some matches locally? Thanks for the help!
View Quote
OP as others have said right at markham park is TSSA and SFPC
I'm a member of both. send me an IM or email if you need more info or if I can help.

SFPC does a 3 stage USPSA match every Thur and a 4 stage USPSA match every 1st sun, steel match 2nd sunday.  3Gun 3rd Tuesday

There is also a newer USPSA match up at OK Corral

TSSA has 4 stage IDPA match 4th Sat. 2Gun 4th Tue

Tripoint is usually 6 or 7 stages 3rd Sun

TSSA also shoots at Longshot range

You can literally shoot every Tue, Thur, Sat, Sun down here.

Tomorrow is TSSA Drills night -Pistol or Carbine. It's a great into to what you would see in a match.

Check out the new shooter section and drills section on their site.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top