Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2015 3:21:13 PM EDT
I will be relocating to the Palm Beach area in late June. Upon arrival I will be looking for three services:

Professional refinisher that does good work with Cerokote (pistol slides, grips, knife scales, etc)

A dealer who carries and move a good number of SIG pistols.

A dealer who sells and handles Suppressors.

Any and all suggestions welcome.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot straight has the most sigs so I would look at them, suppressors i would go to send it firearms and for refinishing the places in Palm Beach are kinda pricey i used miami gunsmith down in miami he does great work and quick turnaround
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:47:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot straight has the most sigs so I would look at them, suppressors i would go to send it firearms and for refinishing the places in Palm Beach are kinda pricey i used miami gunsmith down in miami he does great work and quick turnaround
View Quote

WTF...
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
That's in, one response?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:59:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Hit up Joey Desormeaux over at Infinite Irons. He builds tattoo machines but is also a FFL Type 07 Class 2 SOT. He does some pretty sick cerakote jobs as well as slide milling work.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's what Infinite Irons did for me. He did the Glock slide work as well.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting color scheme and "aging". Is the finish smooth all over or are the patches that look rough actually rough? The top of the slide caught my eye.

Are the slide cutouts functional beyond being serrations or just aesthetic? Is the barrel ported?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Overall its smooth but has some rough patches to mimic a battle worn rifle. The front serrations are functional for cocking. The side cutouts are just aesthetic. No ported barrel as of now.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I was prepared to hate on that but it looks  really cool.

How long did he take for the Noveske..and price if you don't mind?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I was prepared to hate on that but it looks  really cool.

How long did he take for the Noveske..and price if you don't mind?
View Quote
The turn around time was about a week. The prices differ depending on what your getting done.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hit up Joey Desormeaux over at Infinite Irons. He builds tattoo machines but is also a FFL Type 07 Class 2 SOT. He does some pretty sick cerakote jobs as well as slide milling work.

https://instagram.com/infinite_irons/

http://www.infiniteirons.com/

View Quote

Thanks. I'll shoot him and email and see if he's up to tackling my project.
It's definitely not an easy cerakote job though.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I will be relocating to the Palm Beach area in late June. Upon arrival I will be looking for three services:

Professional refinisher that does good work with Cerokote (pistol slides, grips, knife scales, etc)

View Quote

Shoot Straight on Southern Blvd just about a block east of the Southern Blvd turnpike exit, has an excellent selection of SIGs; as large a selection, in fact, as I've ever seen anywhere, and I'm quite a SIG freak myself.

I've bought several handguns including SIGs from them myself; and I'll be buying more there.

https://shoot-straight.com/locations-and-ranges/west-palm-beach/

Huge selection of handguns there.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Shoot Straight on Southern Blvd just about a block east of the Southern Blvd turnpike exit, has an excellent selection of SIGs; as large a selection, in fact, as I've ever seen anywhere, and I'm quite a SIG freak myself.

I've bought several handguns including SIGs from them myself; and I'll be buying more there.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're prices though no terrible aren't that great.
Way better deals found online.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The last 4 pistols that either I, or my wife, bought from Shoot Straight, they actually did beat the best prices I could find online at the time.

After buying a gun anywhere, I always posted the prices I paid here so other member can get some idea of about what they should be paying.

This is what I, or my wife, paid at Shoot Straight for the last 4 guns we bought:

My wife bought me a Ruger MKlll Hunter for Father's Day last year and she was able to get it for $499.

The SIG 1911 Super Target Nitron I bought last November cost me $1149.

The SIG X-Five Classic I bought there set me back $1995 about a year or so earlier.

My wife picked up a limited addition Ruger SR22 Lilac Lady for herself a few months ago for $299.

Honestly, even if the prices were somewhat higher, within reason of course,  than those I could find online; I would still buy locally to support a local business that provides me and my family with a nice clean range to shoot at, and that employs local people.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the comments. Shoot Straight has been mentioned to me so I look forward to stopping there on upcoming weekend trip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top