Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2015 6:53:21 AM EDT
Purpose of the survey in the link is the gauge interest and participation if the project is approved
If you are a F Class, Across the Course Highpower or CMP games shooter please take a minute to complete
Please feel free to forward to other Florida shooters

Link to Survey

See below for more information

Thank you
Jim Kinley

Electronic Targets at Manatee?

Over the past several months we have been investigating the use of electronic targets on our newly extended 600 yard Bench Rest range.  This type of system would allow us to hold NRA high power events without the need for the more typical pits and associated raise/lower target frames.  We could hold Mid-Range F-Class matches, full distance CMP and across the course High Power matches.  These targets are not cheap, but much less expensive than installing a typical pit system.  The even bigger advantage electronic targets have over a typical pit system is that the shooters do not have to pack-up and head to the pits to do target service.  That is a significant advantage in how fast individual matches can be run, easier on old bones like mine and better yet, no possible safety issues with sealing and unsealing pits after each rotation.  The NRA is going through some growing pains regarding the use of electronic targets, but has finally taken the huge step in installing them at the new 600 yard CMP range at Talladega, AL.  The system we are investigating works on the same principle, at a significant discount.  Information is outlined on their web site.  http://www.silvermountaintargets.com/  
Some minor work may be required on the bench rest range to shoot with up to 10 firing positions, but many of the modifications may be started by the time you read this.  This new 600 yard Bench Rest range may turn out to be the jewel and centerpiece at our facility.

If we proceed with the purchase of electronic targets, there will be a need for more shooters and volunteers to help hold matches and maintain the equipment.  I along with others will submit our final review outline to the Board at the next general meeting on June 8 th.  If you have any comments regarding this project, pro or con, please feel free to contact me at [email protected] [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that would be a great system to have.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Please come and support us at the next club meeting
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Survey completed! I really hope this gains traction. Since moving to FL I haven't shot a match as Port Malabar is too far from Naples to work it into my schedule.

Are the plans to have dedicated 600yd matches with the regional matches at 300, 500 and 600yds?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I am shooting there tomorrow at 1000 yards sure would be cool to have the system up and running.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am shooting there tomorrow at 1000 yards sure would be cool to have the system up and running.
View Quote

This system will not be on main line
And only used in formal completion

I would say yes to the 300/500/600 format

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:30:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think that would be a great system to have.
View Quote

Plus 10
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about something like this that they  (the range)  could rent out any time instead of a match use only system   www/targetvisioncam.com
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How about something like this that they  (the range)  could rent out any time instead of a match use only system   www/targetvisioncam.com

Camera will not meet the needs of F Class/Midrange or XTC shooters
You can not run sanctioned NRA or CMP event on them

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Camera will not meet the needs of F Class/Midrange or XTC shooters
You can not run sanctioned NRA or CMP event on them

Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Any updates on this?
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 11:32:38 PM EDT
[#10]
We need a engineering servery
Area 51/51A and he new 600 have berm and  drainage issues

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top