Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2015 1:51:23 PM EDT
I am looking to move to South Ft Myers. The development we are looking is Reflection Isles or Espero
I am also looking for home in the Naples area, the Riverstone development(GL Homes).
Any member input regarding these areas?

My goal is to find something close to the coast, safety (kids are 7 months) and good school system.

I will be done in Ft Myers for 2 weeks on May 11th scoping the areas

Any suggestion for different area would be great!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Bring mosquito repellant and sunblock, summer's already here.

Oh yeah, welcome to Florida!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you mean Reflection Lakes? It's a nice neighborhood. South Ft. Myers is nice and very safe for the most part. Just stay away from East Ft. Myers and the area outside of downtown.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Looked in Riverstone with some friend who were going to buy.  Very nice community and very nice homes!  Good location...close to pretty much everything.

Good luck and safe travels!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:57:58 AM EDT
[#4]
hope you got alot of $ , no jobs that pay ,and they will fire you in seconds if cheaper labor comes along . no employee rights in fl . not many benies either . sw fl sucks esp in season when the trailer trash comes and uses all the resources
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:59:51 AM EDT
[#5]
to add private school is only option ,public school is broken
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You have described the American education system.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I have my own  consulting business so i can work from home.
I worry more about the area and school cause i have twins and the private option would be very costly $$
Any other area to consider?

Quoted:
hope you got alot of $ , no jobs that pay ,and they will fire you in seconds if cheaper labor comes along . no employee rights in fl . not many benies either . sw fl sucks esp in season when the trailer trash comes and uses all the resources
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I worry more about the area and school cause i have twins and the private option would be very costly $$

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gateway is a nice community that isn't too isanely priced in Ft. Myers near the airport. Has a good magnet school inside the community along with a lot of other things.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Gateway is a nice community that isn't too isanely priced in Ft. Myers near the airport. Has a good magnet school inside the community along with a lot of other things.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1, OP, have you looked in or considered Estero?  It is a nice area, good schools.  I've lived in Estero for 10 years.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, most of the US sucks when you have little no education, little useful experience and a chip on your shoulder. Lucky for the OP he owns his own consulting business so he isn't worried about someone offering him something for nothing.

....but thanks for playing, Sport.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:56:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

not true
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:57:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

ALSO NOT TRUE HAVE YOU EVER BEEN HERE

link to us news world report school rankings

and that is for ft myers the lower of the several districts in Lee & collier county.

most of the families in my neighborhood have at least 1 member working from home lots of IT, programers, and sales here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:19:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I guess the Naples area seems better as far schools than ft Myers.
My wife starting talking about Sarasota too..
Anyway, thanks for everyone's advise and keep posting your comments.

Quoted:

and that is for ft myers the lower of the several districts in Lee & collier county.

most of the families in my neighborhood have at least 1 member working from home lots of IT, programers, and sales here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah, most of the US sucks when you have little no education, little useful experience and a chip on your shoulder. Lucky for the OP he owns his own consulting business so he isn't worried about someone offering him something for nothing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would be wise for him to stay in DC.
Must be a union boss.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Been in Naples for close to 20 years, it is a great place. Don't listen to the guy that says trailer trash uses all the resources.... Riverstone is a very nice development, I have sold a few homes in there. School district is A rated all the way from elementary through high school, and the high schools in the area are rated as some of the best in the nation with excellent AP programs and the opportunity to take college level classes at FGCU. Estero is a very nice place also, I don't have much experience with it outside of trips to Bass Pro though
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks!!
I will be done in SW Florida for 2 weeks to check out the places.
Any other place similar to Riverstone that you recommend for me to visit?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 5:26:44 AM EDT
[#17]
When you're down, just imagine more than twice as many cars on the road as there are now.  Now, picture those cars going 25 mph and changing lanes or stopping for no reason.  That's a taste of "season" in Naples.

Honestly, other than traffic Naples is pretty nice and Sarasota is another good choice (better ranges up towards Sarasota too).  Proximity to water is usually directly related to price so if you wanna be close to it you're gonna pay.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Don't do it!!!! We are over crowed with restaurants, bars, beaches and half naked babes!
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#19]
what are few places you think i should look in Sarasota?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top