Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2015 9:33:35 AM EDT
...carry?

From FL Carry:

Below is the email alert from Marion Hammer of USF & NRA.

We echo these concerns and urge you to act now!

DATE:  March 19, 2015
TO:       USF & NRA Members and Friends
           USF Executive Director
           NRA Past President

State University Campus Police are using your tax dollars to lobby against Second Amendment rights of Florida citizens.  

Sen. Minority Leader, Sen. Arthenia Joyner (D-Tampa), who opposes SB-176 Campus Carry, by Sen. Greg Evers (R-Baker) asked  University Police Chiefs to come to Tallahassee for the hearing by the Senate Higher Education Committee on SB-176 on March 16, 2015.

In an email to FSU Police Chief David Perry requesting their appearance, Sen. Joyner asked that her email be forwarded to university police chiefs and said,
"It is my hope that the State University Police Chiefs or their designees will attend the meeting, submit appearance cards, and speak to the committee members..."

Chief Perry then put out the call to come to Tallahassee and ten (10) answered the call to come lobby against your constitutional rights.

Chief Perry subsequently informed them that they DID NOT have to take leave (vacation days) to participate. Consequently  they were in Tallahassee while on the payroll, instead of on campus providing security for students.

Further, in an email (forwarded to us from a third party) Rickey Maxey, the lobbyist for Florida Polytechnic University, also said that the money for the trip could come from their campus police budgets.

You, the taxpayers, are picking up the whole financial tab for these Chiefs to lobby against your constitutional rights -  rights they are sworn to protect.

The following Chiefs came to the committee meeting in full uniform, with THEIR GUNS on their hips, to lobby against your Second Amendment constitutional rights:

Chief J. D. Withrow, University of South Florida, Tampa
Chief Linda Stump-Kurnick, University of Florida Police Chief , Gainesville
Chief Terence Calloway, Florida A&M University, Tallahassee
Chief Charles Lowe, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton
Chief Frank Mackesy, University of North Florida, Jacksonville
Chief David Hendry, University of South Florida, St. Petersburg
Deputy Chief  Darren Baxley, University of Florida, Gainesville
Chief William Hope, Florida Polytechnic University, Lakeland
Deputy Chief Jim Russell, Florida State University, Tallahassee
Chief David Perry, Florida State University, Tallahassee

All of these Chief's filled out Appearance Cards and said, in writing, that they are AGAINST SB-176.  That clearly is lobbying - they were there to influence the votes of legislators.

If they had been here just to provide information on their perception of the impact of the bill on their respective agencies, they would have checked the box indicating that they were there to provide  INFORMATION only.

Rep. Dave Kerner (D-Palm Springs), subsequently, copied  Senator Joyner's letter and used it to ask University Police Chiefs to come to Tallahassee again on Wednesday, March 18, 2015, for the House Higher Education Committee meeting.

Two separate requests for University Police Chiefs to come to Tallahassee on two different days to speak to two different committees - clearly to lobby against your constitutional right of self-defense and your Second Amendment rights -- at taxpayer expense.  That is wrong.

If you want to be heard on this issue, you may contact the Governor, Senate President, House Speaker and let them know how you feel about state funds -- your tax dollars -- being used to lobby against your constitutional rights.

In the subject line put:  STOP USE OF TAXES - STATE FUNDS - FOR LOBBYING

(Block and Copy All email addresses into the "Send To" box)

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

These are the Leaders who can stop this misuse of tax revenue.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#1]
No UCF on that list...maybe I'll see if I can stop by and see the Chiefs stance on this.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
FAMU checking in, not surprised. I will email my reps here at school to see if they can reign in their cop. I already know the reaction here to guns :(
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:25:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

FAMU checking in, not surprised. I will email my reps here at school to see if they can reign in their cop. I already know the reaction here to guns :(
View Quote

They won't. You're talking about an chief and agency who won't allow their own uniformed police officers to carry off duty.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They won't. You're talking about an chief and agency who won't allow their own uniformed police officers to carry off duty.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, well if you're familiar with their people its a better idea they didn't even carry on duty.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:15:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I am sure that all of the chiefs of the various campus police are anti gun, liberal dhimmicrats.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am sure that all of the chiefs of the various campus police are anti gun, liberal dhimmicrats.
View Quote

Actually, they are whatever their boss, the university president, wants them to be, much like the relationship between municipal police chiefs and mayors.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#8]
why they are what they are is less important than what they are.  We all know liberals run every University in the State of Florida.  Anti gun police gravitate to the Universities just like Presidents do.  like moths to a flame.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a thread on it

It is in GD
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

lol, well if you're familiar with their people its a better idea they didn't even carry on duty.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely correct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top