Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2015 5:31:44 PM EDT
How do you like the club?  I'm considering joining as it's 10 minutes from my house.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I attended a training class there and really liked their "action" ranges. There wasn't much of a plinking range and really didn't see much of a pistol and rifle range.

I was all set to join just because of their action ranges and even attended the orientation meeting. It was at the meeting that I found out it required me to participate in something like 4-6 matches before I could be allowed to use the action bays. Due to the time schedule of the matches and my own schedule it would take me a year before I could even use it. As a result I didn't join.

If you google their web site you can get a bird's eye view of their range and what is available.

What specifics are you looking for?
Rifle, Pistol, Pinking range, full auto, action

If I had a range only 10 minutes from my house I am sure I could make it work one way or another.
Its pretty common to be a member of multiple ranges and rarely does one range accommodate all of ones needs.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm mostly looking for somewhere I can shoot handgun predominantly drills from a holster.  I'll also shoot some rifle.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not but several friends used to be.  I thought about joining YEARS ago but it was super expensive then (like $300/yr IIRC) and the smaller ranges were $50 to $75.  But it's a NICE range from everything that I've heard and if I wanted to shoot skeet or 300+ yards, it's the only on around.  Also it's not exactly close to me so that's another reason that I choose a different range.   YMMV.   There's not a lot of ranges around so if it's close to you it may be worth paying the extra costs just to save time and driving expenses, especially if you shoot a lot.  

Last few years I've only shot a couple of times per year so now I've dropped all of my range memberships.  The last one (T-ville)  was over $125 /yr and an hour drive each way AND the so called range masters always wanted to leave by noon so I couldn't do any real shooting before they closed it up to go home!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Right now I usually shoot twice a week at an indoor range.  If I joined a club, I would probably go 3 to 4 times a week.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:27:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been there a number of times. Sounds like a pretty good fit for you. I wish I was 10 minutes from a range, I seem to be 45+ minutes from any of them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
email sent...
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm mostly looking for somewhere I can shoot handgun predominantly drills from a holster.  I'll also shoot some rifle.
View Quote

Not many ranges allow this so I would definitely ask this up front.
The one range I belong to allows it on the plinking range but only sloooooow draw.
The other range I belong to has mostly action bays and draws from holsters is mostly what people do.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I also want to possibly join CFRPC but I'm hesistant.

It seems expensive and very restricted for what you pay. I'm not going to pay hundreds per year if I can't shoot my own steel at 100yds+ or setup my own action bay ranges for use for a few hours- or shoot as fast as I want.

It's also been hard for me to find information on the monthly "2-gun" and "carbine" matches they are supposed to host...

It seems like VCGHC is the best option in Central Florida for modern shooters.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been trying to get out to the meetings and to check it out for months, but the one per month option just refuses to fit with my work/travel schedule. Unfortunately for me anything I do needs at least some flexibility and options. Oh well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top