Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2015 9:21:34 PM EDT
I've been to the regular eye doctor and he seems to think my eyes are fine. I beg to differ but, it really only causes me trouble when I'm shooting. So, I'd like to get an exam from an eye doc that understands what your eyes have to do when you shoot (especially pistol). Somewhere within an hour of Tampa would be great but, I'll make a day trip out of it if I need to.

TIA.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#1]
One of the owners of Shooters World is an ophthalmologist, Dr. Henderson.  I think he's mainly out of Brandon.  

Link
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of the owners of Shooters World is an ophthalmologist, Dr. Henderson.  I think he's mainly out of Brandon.  

Link
View Quote

Cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:20:38 AM EDT
[#3]
In the same boat as you.  Just today I was given the name, Dr. Glenn Altman of University Eye Care in Sarasota, think I'll make an appointment next week. Supposedly he is a shooter and very gun friendly. Been told you can bring weapon into office for sight correction.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
If you were in Miami I would suggest Dr. Damian Lue. He also shoots competitively. He has helped many shooters.

http://www.healthgrades.com/provider/damian-lue-xdv5k
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In the same boat as you.  Just today I was given the name, Dr. Glenn Altman of University Eye Care in Sarasota, think I'll make an appointment next week. Supposedly he is a shooter and very gun friendly. Been told you can bring weapon into office for sight correction.
View Quote

I'm headed in to shooters world to test out a new lower either tomorrow or Sunday so, I'll see if I can get in touch with Dr. Henderson there, if not I will give his office a call. Keep us posted on what you find with Dr. Altman and I will do the same.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm headed in to shooters world to test out a new lower either tomorrow or Sunday so, I'll see if I can get in touch with Dr. Henderson there, if not I will give his office a call. Keep us posted on what you find with Dr. Altman and I will do the same.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're better off calling his office. He's never in the shop.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#7]
He's not in Tampa but but Dr Ross on lee Rd in Orlando treats a lot of the professional athletes in this area and is very good. When I told him that I had trouble seeing the front sight since it's not in the "optical Center" of my lenses, he told me to bring the rifle in and we'd set up the way that I shoot and he'd find where the optical center needs to be and make the eye glasses to match so that I could see properly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top