Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:26:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in.

This might be too last minute but my printer broke and I wanted to do the AR15 challenge with the bolt face logo. If anyone prints out a few for me I'll owe you.

This one:

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=641240&page=542
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:28:00 AM EDT
[#2]
how late are you guys staying till end of day? I think I will get there around 11 give or take.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably a long shot, but will there be a night shoot?  I see the normal hours are until 5pm but wondered if it would go later since there is an event.  Either way, hopefully I'll get to head out there soon.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#4]
How's the shoot going? Wanted to make it but truck is still in the paint shop.
Maybe next time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Had a good time today ..met new faces .. next shoot is in sept . Boy steel plates took a beating today .
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Boy steel plates took a beating today .
View Quote

My held up better than expected. I'm surprised the entire rig didn't flip over with how much the plates were swinging. Broke one link, lost a couple of bolts and bent three eye bolts. I'll have a better setup next time.

I don't think I can go back to shooting paper.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:00:16 PM EDT
[#7]
had a great time even though I got there after 90% of the fun was over. but got to meet a few of you and that was cool enough. will be back, hopefully with a friend or two.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:35:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I forgot about the shoot and got talked into showing up for a match shoot and found out about the arfom shoot out back and high tailed it out back I had a blast literally. Meet some new people. Erik had some great toys and thanks for letting me play with them. can't wait till the next one that I will not forget about. I bought my first pair of kayaks from a member the day before and was going yaking that day until I was talked into the match. Saving grace though the moment I found out about arfcom I dumped the match and ran out back No R.O.s breathing down your necks yelling at you to put your cigar out. butt heads.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Well ,yes we did have an ro ..WILL  ..but yes its nice to all play nice together ..
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#10]
A big thanks to all that participated....you guys and galls were great as usual.
Hope everyone had a fun day.
Thumbs up to dave for all his help.
The next shoot is booked for sept 26th...i will post a new thread soon.
BTW...anyone have any pics.?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#11]
No pics but I have a bit of video ill post later
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#12]
We had a blast yesterday , thank you for setting it up. Wish I didn't have to leave soon.    Funny how much the steel was getting lit up. I will have to get a few more to bring next time.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well ,yes we did have an ro ..WILL  ..but yes its nice to all play nice together ..
View Quote

Yes but he did holler at me for lighting up a cigar like the one up front lol
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:00:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was nice to meet you out there. That 308 is a blast.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Which reminded me... where are you guys getting your steel?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Originally Posted By 4719DAVE

Boy steel plates took a beating today.

Which reminded me... where are you guys getting your steel?

I got mine off amazon.

Had a good time out there, but I hope the guy with the Revolver next to us (SW 29?), gets that thing timed .

Will be buying chain and bolts this week.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought mine from Wideners. Two 3/8"x12" plates were 94.37 shipped.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey it was my pleasure. I needed it broke in you you guys helped.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I had a great time! It has been a while since I have been shooting and Saturday's shoot really invigorated my interest! I am ready to go out again. Area 51 is the shit. The ability to shoot pistol or rifle, shooting steel and asst. targets, not being limited to the usual restrictions. As long as it was safe, fire away!!

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#20]
ditto  .mine are  1/2"
Quoted:
I bought mine from Wideners. Two 3/8"x12" plates were 94.37 shipped.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#21]
My 8" was 34.95 and the 4" was 14.59 + the chain kits that were 10.00 each on amazon. Will be making my own

chains from now on.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My 8" was 34.95 and the 4" was 14.59 + the chain kits that were 10.00 each on amazon. Will be making my own
chains from now on.

View Quote

If the chains were breaking, you may want to try and score some used fire hose. They can take a lot of hits before failing whereas chains are much more sensitive. They also don't allow the target to sway and twist as much.

JCsteel is where I've bought my plates. They typically run specials and have a nice flat rate shipping policy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
If the chains were breaking, you may want to try and score some used fire hose. They can take a lot of hits before failing whereas chains are much more sensitive. They also don't allow the target to sway and twist as much.

JCsteel is where I've bought my plates. They typically run specials and have a nice flat rate shipping policy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

chains from now on.

I was thinking about using rubber strips, maybe conveyor belt material.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry I missed the shoot, but glad to hear you all had a good time!  Sept 26 is on the calendar.  Hope to see everyone then.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sorry I missed the shoot, but glad to hear you all had a good time!  Sept 26 is on the calendar.  Hope to see everyone then.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#26]
I am going to be up in Slugo's neck of the woods on the next one.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:39:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I am going to be up in Slugo's neck of the woods on the next one.
View Quote

Help us organize one up here then!  I still haven't figured out a range that would let us have a public event like that in NE FL.  Either you have to be a member, it's indoors, or they done allow full auto.  Such a pain in the ass
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top