Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2015 7:52:16 PM EDT
It's that time again.  The next meetup is scheduled for March 13th which is a Friday.  SS at 6:00 p.m., SQ1 at 7:30.  As usual, I'll make the reservations two days before giving anyone who wants to go to have plenty of time to respond.  Looking forward to whoever can go.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It's that time again.  The next meetup is scheduled for March 13th which is a Friday.  SS at 6:00 p.m., SQ1 at 7:30.  As usual, I'll make the reservations two days before giving anyone who wants to go to have plenty of time to respond.  Looking forward to whoever can go.
View Quote

Yeah!  Friday the thirteenth!  What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely nothing.......lol
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Old School Tag!!  Still should be in CONUS that week...
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 9:50:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Old School Tag!!  Still should be in CONUS that week...
View Quote

I hope so..... Call/email me when you can.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#5]
In.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#6]
in for two possibly 3
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Friendly reminder, a little over two weeks away.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#8]
In for maybe 3
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump as a reminder, just under two weeks to go.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Are there any age restrictions for someone shooting?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't speak to the high side, but on the low side - my (at the time) 11 year old daughter shot there with me many times.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:46:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I can't speak to the high side, but on the low side - my (at the time) 11 year old daughter shot there with me many times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. I may have a friend coming and her son is a senior in HS. As far as the upper limit I think I probably have ya'll beat
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:04:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks. I may have a friend coming and her son is a senior in HS. As far as the upper limit I think I probably have ya'll beat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the only 'complication' is that anyone under 18 has to have their guardian sign their release form at the front counter.  As long as his mom is there, he should be fine if he's under 18.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think the only 'complication' is that anyone under 18 has to have their guardian sign their release form at the front counter.  As long as his mom is there, he should be fine if he's under 18.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe that is true.  If he's under and she's with him, no problem.  If he's 18 or over she doesn't need to sign for him.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I believe that is true.  If he's under and she's with him, no problem.  If he's 18 or over she doesn't need to sign for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does he need a fake ID? I might know someone......
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, you probably really do know somebody who can do that.  What's the going rate - 2 packs of cigarettes or 30 stamps??
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Oh, you probably really do know somebody who can do that.  What's the going rate - 2 packs of cigarettes or 30 stamps??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or maybe a "free" pass for the night of god knows what..............lol
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#18]
if i'm in town, i will be there finally :)

looking forward to meeting you guys. any specific toys you guys are shooting? or is it a show and tell.

now that my divorce is final, i will be able to eventually open up my private range, which is in lee county and maybe we can do some weekend shooting....

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

looking forward to meeting you guys. any specific toys you guys are shooting? or is it a show and tell.

now that my divorce is final, i will be able to eventually open up my private range, which is in lee county and maybe we can do some weekend shooting....

View Quote

Hopefully you can make it, we like to meet newcomers.  There are no specifics on what we shoot.  It goes anywhere from revolvers, full auto, SBRs to your everyday type weapons.  We believe in shooting what we own, not a show & tell type.........  If you have things that you like to show & tell, bring it along.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:10:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you all are too funny
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

SS says no problem down to 10 if with the legal guardian
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Hopefully you can make it, we like to meet newcomers.  There are no specifics on what we shoot.  It goes anywhere from revolvers, full auto, SBRs to your everyday type weapons.  We believe in shooting what we own, not a show & tell type.........  If you have things that you like to show & tell, bring it along.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i will see what i can fit in the m35a2, i'll start loading now ;)

just kidding, thanks for the welcome.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I miss my Kaiser Jeep M35

Welcome new guy!  We usually don't start the hazing until the 2nd you join us, so enjoy this round .
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Welcome new guy!  We usually don't start the hazing until the 2nd you join us, so enjoy this round .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummmmmm, then why did I get hazed first outing????, huh?.........lol. Looking forward to the responses.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I
Quoted:

Ummmmmm, then why did I get hazed first outing????, huh?.........lol. Looking forward to the responses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cause you're special......
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

You call THAT hazing?!?  
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You call THAT hazing?!?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You call THAT hazing?!?  

I see where this is going fast.........
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#28]
JeffB

Gee, thanks.......
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:07:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I might go??? Maybe?? It's so hard to know nowadays. Shit is always up in the air.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#31]
I and my friend Lawrence is in for friday. btw does anyone going have a macarov pistol they could bring? Lawrence was in the DDR and qualified with one back in the 80s and would like to shoot one again.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Bump as a reminder.  I'm making the reservations tonight, last role call......
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm in....
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#34]
IN FOR 2
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#35]
I've made reservations for 10 at both places, usual times.  See everyone then.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've made reservations for 10 at both places, usual times.  See everyone then.
View Quote

Cool - looking forward to it.  I'll be traveling light, but as always - look forward to seeing everyone!
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Guys - I'm out.  I'm trying to kick a sinus infection or something, and can barely sit up straight.  You guys have fun tonight.  I've been looking forward to this for a while, too

Campy - I know you had some optics for me tonight.  We'll work it out some other time.  Sorry, bud.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Get well Travis. We will miss you
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Guys - I'm out.  I'm trying to kick a sinus infection or something, and can barely sit up straight.  You guys have fun tonight.  I've been looking forward to this for a while, too

Campy - I know you had some optics for me tonight.  We'll work it out some other time.  Sorry, bud.
View Quote

First off, get better.  As far as the optics, as you said, we'll figure it out.  No reason to apologize.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Still working

Have fun fellas.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#41]
It was good getting together and seeing everyone.  A shout out to everyone at Shoot Straight, as usual they opened up the range and service was great.  Another shout out to SQ and our usual Bar Keep.  I also want to perks ally thank everyone for welcoming my future son-in-law into the group.  Looking forward to the next get together.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#42]
I had a great time last night, thanks to sq1 & shootstrait.

as promised to howie

If you have ever used an electric fence or know someone who has one, you should read this. The language used is a bit salty, but 'he tells it like it is' without cursing.

If you don't laugh hysterically at this, CHECK YOUR PULSE... this is funny... and true. This was sent by a retired dentist.

We have the standard 6 ft. fence in the backyard, and a few months ago, I heard about burglaries increasing dramatically in the entire city. To make sure this never happened to me, I got an electric fence and ran a single wire along the top of the fence.

Actually, I got the biggest cattle charger Tractor Supply had, made for 26 miles of fence. I then used an 8 ft. long ground rod, and drove it 7.5 ft. into the ground. The ground rod is the key, with the more you have in the ground, the better the fence works..

One day I'm mowing the back yard with my cheapo Wal-Mart 6 hp big wheel push mower. The hot wire is broken and laying out in the yard. I knew for a fact that I unplugged the charger. I pushed the mower around the wire and reached down to grab it, to throw it out of the way.

It seems as though I hadn't remembered to unplug it after all.

Now I'm standing there, I've got the running lawnmower in my right hand and the 1.7 giga-volt fence wire in the other hand. Keep in mind the charger is about the size of a marine battery and has a picture of an upside down cow on fire on the cover.

Time stood still.

The first thing I notice is my pecker trying to climb up the front side of my body. My ears curled downwards and I could feel the lawnmower ignition firing in the backside of my brain. Every time that Briggs & Stratton rolled over, I could feel the spark in my head. I was literally at one with the engine.

It seems as though the fence charger and the piece of shit lawnmower were fighting over who would control my electrical impulses.

Science says you cannot crap, pee, and vomit at the same time. I beg to differ. Not only did I do all three at once, but my bowels emptied 3 different times in less than half of a second. It was a Matrix kind of bowel movement, where time is creeping along and you're all leaned back and BAM BAM BAM you just crap your pants 3 times. It seemed like there were minutes in between but in reality it was so close together. It was like exhaust pulses from a big block Chevy turning 8 grand.

At this point I'm about 30 minutes (maybe 2 seconds) into holding onto the fence wire. My hand is wrapped around the wire palm down so I can't let go. I grew up on a farm so I know all about electric fences. But Dad always had those piece of shit chargers made by International or whoever that were like 9 volts and just kinda tickled.

This one I could not let go of. The 8 ft. long ground rod is now accepting signals from me through the permadamp Ark-La-Tex river bottom soil. At this point I'm thinking I'm going to have to just man up and take it, until the lawnmower runs out of gas.

'Damn!,' I think, as I remember I just filled the tank!

Now the lawnmower is starting to run rough. It has settled into a loping run pattern as if it had some kind of big lawnmower race cam in it. Covered in poop, pee, and with my vomit on my chest, I think 'Oh God please die... Pleeeeaze die'. But nooooo, it settles into the rough lumpy cam idle nicely and remains there, like a big bore roller cam EFI motor waiting for the go command from its owner's right foot.

So here I am in the middle of July, 104 degrees, 80% humidity, standing in my own backyard, begging God to kill me. God did not take me that day. He left me there covered in my own fluids to writhe in the misery my own stupidity had created.

I honestly don't know how I got loose from the wire.

I woke up laying on the ground hours later. The lawnmower was beside me, out of gas. It was later on in the day and I was sunburned.

There were two large dead grass spots where I had been standing, and then another long skinny dead spot where the wire had laid while I was on the ground still holding on to it. I assume I finally had a seizure and in the resulting thrashing had somehow let go of the wire..

Upon waking from my electrically induced sleep I realized a few things:

1 - Three of the fillings in my teeth have melted.

2 - I now have cramps in the bottoms of my feet and my right butt cheek (not the left, just the right).

3 - Poop, pee, and vomit when all mixed together, do not smell as bad as you might think.

4 - My left eye will not open.

5 - My right eye will not close.

6 - The lawnmower runs like a sumbitch now. Seriously! I think our little session cleared out some carbon fouling or something, because it was better than new after that.

7 - My testicles are still smaller than average yet they are almost a foot long.

8 - I can turn on the TV in the game room by farting while thinking of the number 4 (still don't understand this!!!).

That day changed my life. I now have a new found respect for things. I appreciate the little things more, and now I always triple check to make sure the fence is unplugged before I mow.

The good news, is that if a burglar does try to come over the fence, I can clearly visualize what my security system will do to him, and THAT gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling all over, which also reminds me to triple check before I mow.

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks to Shoot Straight and sq burger it was another greatbfriday meetup. Thanks all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top