Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2015 9:25:40 PM EDT
It's going on this weekend here in Jax. Website says 500 tables and $8 at the door. Is it worth the money or just a collection of cheap Chinese knock-off crap?
Cliffhangers Gun Show
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:03:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm kinda curious about this as well
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes you should go.  Pay your money and take the ride.  I have found them to be entertaining.  Due to my geographical location I hit every Walmart on the Blanding/Branan Field/295/95 loop, hit the gunshow, stop by Pooter's, and the GUN GALLERY.  No order implied.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I went.

Scout report is the usual herp-derp for the most part.  If you just enjoy walking around and looking at stuff, I guess it's not bad money for an hour or two of entertainment.

I was only remotely interested in 3 things and none of them worked out for various reasons.

1).  All original Colt 1911A1, manufactured early 1941 and from an estate sale.  Problem is, nobody was at the table to talk to about it.  No price on it either...you had to ask.

2). Accuracy International bolt gun in .308 for $2900.  Seemed like a nice gun, but according to the tag on it, the current ones retail for $3600.  Now I have no idea if that's true or not, but this had the old AI chassis on it without the folder, cheek adjustments, etc.  The barrel also wasnt threaded and didn't have a muzzle device at all.  Was going to ask about it, but again, the people behind the table didn't seem interested in selling it at al.  I looked it over for a good 5 minutes and no one approached me at all.  Unknown round count, etc.  If the price was negotiable, I might have swung on that one.

3).  SPAS 12 w/ the folding stock, hook, and push safety.  This gun was offered by Beaches Pawn and wasn't mint.  A "very impressive gun" according got the guy behind the counter.  Marked at $1700, was willing to knock off $100 for it.  Politely told him we were pretty far off our expectations for it.  I thought pawn shops were more willing to deal.  I might have settled in at about $1200 or so, but he's 400-500 off anything I would consider.  He kept it.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Stopped by there today myself after I spent the morning sighting in my new Tavor at the range . BTW it was flawless.

I was curious about the number of cars parked when I first arrived at the Prime Osborne (assuming this was going to be a big show) but soon realized the traffic/people were there for the "UniverSoul Circus" set up in the parking lot next to the convention center.

I agree with the previous post that the show was less than exciting. Seemed sort of small, but there were a few decent booths with the usual Spikes Tactical lowers for $80 and a couple of tables with decent AR15 builds (not sure I agree with their cost for them). Overall entertaining. At least the beef jerky was good and the Hooters girls were nice to look at

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably the worst show I've been to overpriced everything

Primers $49/k
8lbs powder $326
325 packs of 22lr $80

WTF is with these people
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top