Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 10:02:15 PM EDT
All,

I've finally settled in to FL and I'm trying to meet some of the locals that share my same affliction! Who all here is an avid mid to long range shooter? I'm hoping to meet some guys that will care to shoot up at Manatee and maybe venture to Port Malabar for some F class matches. I could always use a carpool companion since the drive from Naples is about 4 hours and will otherwise be boring as hell.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the forum & SW Florida.  There are a group of u s who usually meet every other month to go shooting indoors in a Fort Myers.  There is also another group that gets together every 3-4 months and gets together at Manatee gun club.  I am far from a mid to long range shooter.  Just started getting comfortable at 100 yds and have a ways to go, (at least I think I do), to go before I get into those ranges.  I'm sure someone will come along and be able  to chime in.......
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Heading to Manatee in the AM. Hopefully I'll run into a few guys.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw your youtube vids... was that at Manatee?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Which videos?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Which videos?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which videos?

308 and 260 at 1k, 3 shots in 20 seconds at 565 yards.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:36:27 PM EDT
[#6]
That's Manatee. A local friend was firing his 5R 308 and I was on my 260. The 260 could have been faster if I was using the magazine instead of single loading.

Nice facility. Until I find a closer place, I'll try to make it up there once a month or at least once every 2 months.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to get up that way at some point. I'm in Bonita Springs so pretty close to ya
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a FLHTF shoot that goes on every couple of months.  We just had one two weeks ago, next on is scheduled for May 23rd.  We have Area 51 to ourselves.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 11:41:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Next trip is scheduled for 2/28/15 for those that may be interested in meeting up.

I'm sure I'll make it to a HTF shoot one of these days, but I'm concentrating on my mid to long range game at this time. Only so much that can be done in a single trip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top