Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2015 9:42:51 PM EDT
I need to come down for a few nights in May - my son is graduating from FIT.

At least you-all will have one less yankee hanging around.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Ouch. I live and work in the area - Nothing I can really reccomend as that area in melbourne is pretty........ "old", and melbourne as a whole is kinda rough.

If it were me I'd stay at the crowne plaza or Hilton across the causeway in Indialantic. It's maybe 15 minutes from FIT and a nice drive. A whole different feel out there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you do in Melbourne, if you don't mind me asking.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#3]
OP, I second the advice, stay beach side at one of the hotels.  Crown Plaza or  Radision would be my recommendation.  For mainland side there is the Residence Inn on Babcock St.  All of these are pretty nice.  

For eats try Meg O'Mallys, The Mansion, Rum Island Grill, and for local cheap food Long Dogger's in Indialantic.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Guys,

We stayed in Indiatlantic when we dropped him off 4 years ago.

My wife and daughter prefer the beach.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:01:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks Guys,

We stayed in Indiatlantic when we dropped him off 4 years ago.

My wife and daughter prefer the beach.
View Quote

Not a bad idea at all. Anything closer to the beach is going to be better than Melbourne proper.

Also, absolutely hit Meg O'Malley's for dinner and a pint.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I consulted with the wife.

We apparently stayed at the Crown Plaza the last time we were there. We are going to stay at the Doubletree (on the beach) this time.

Thanks Guys!
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I consulted with the wife.

We apparently stayed at the Crown Plaza the last time we were there. We are going to stay at the Doubletree (on the beach) this time.

Thanks Guys!
View Quote

I walk the beach pass there all the time.  I've never been inside, but the location is very good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top