Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2015 12:19:55 AM EDT
I'm trying to get rid of my P30 as quickly as possible. For simplicity, I want it to be FTF. Is one of the many FL gunshows the best way to do this or are there other viable, quick methods?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:12:12 AM EDT
[#1]
florida gun trader, armslist, the ee or backpage are a few options
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:14:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Gun store is the quickest way but you will get crappy money for it. I posted a few guns on floridaguntrader and they sat up there for weeks without any hits.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I've used FGT and sold items within a day or two.  Ask reasonable 'used' gun prices and not for 10% over retail and you should sell quick.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm trying to get rid of my P30 as quickly as possible. For simplicity, I want it to be FTF. Is one of the many FL gunshows the best way to do this or are there other viable, quick methods?
View Quote

The criteria of "as quickly as possible" has a lot more to do with price than where the item is listed.
Just how serious you are of wanting "to sell as quickly as possible" will be dictated by price.
Too high of a price and guess what you priority was to get maximum dollar and not to sell as quickly as possible.
Its a huge grey area and balancing selling an item for top dollar and selling it quickly is something we all do every time we sell an item.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#5]
FB trading groups, I sold my Rem700 on it in a single day about $100 over what i thought i would get for it.
Sold my sig brace and a pistol tube for way over what i thought id get for it ($150) in about two hours...
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Florida Concealed Carry forum

http://www.floridaconcealedcarry.com

is a good place.  It is frequented by members that, for the most part, are residents of Florida and have a concealed firearms licence, which solved the legal issue of "is the buyer a resident of Florida and not a prohibited person."

They kind of frown on your first post being a for sale post, but for the right price it will sell before anyone has a chance to yell at you.  Most stuff, priced right, sells within the day.

Introduce yourself in the "Introduce yourself" thread before you post your gun.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've used FGT and sold items within a day or two.  Ask reasonable 'used' gun prices and not for 10% over retail and you should sell quick.
View Quote

This. I sold a handgun within about 30 minutes. Just specify FTF in your area. If I did it again, I would specify CCW permit holder only. You can also find a nice bill of sale to print online, fill out one for you and for the buyer to have if you want. The CCW requirement at least gives you some kind of idea that you're not selling to a thug. Luckily, when I sold, the buyer brought the bill of sale paperwork and produced his CCW. He was definitely more prepared than me. He ended up being an ARFcommer too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I sold a pistol FTF within a few days using the EE here.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Good advice - you have received it. If you want it gone fast = low price. I buy guns like that all the time...where are you? That might help.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:38:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had good luck using armslist for local deals. Most of the guns/ammo that are posted on there are way overpriced so if you post it for a reasonable price you should have a few inquiries fairly quickly. Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:37:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Thank you everyone for the help! Like I said, I'm looking to sell quickly and am expecting to take a dive on price to do so. The thin line I'm walking is putting it at a price where it's good enough for me to say I won't go lower (cause I hate bartering for deals especially when its priced to sell quickly)

Quoted:
Good advice - you have received it. If you want it gone fast = low price. I buy guns like that all the time...where are you? That might help.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm in the treasure coast area.

Quoted:
I've had good luck using armslist for local deals. Most of the guns/ammo that are posted on there are way overpriced so if you post it for a reasonable price you should have a few inquiries fairly quickly. Good luck!

From the looks of it, I'm gonna be dropping this thing at around $200 less than everything I see listed. Gonna make the ad for it tomorrow and go from there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top