Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2015 9:01:29 PM EDT
At Walmart, naturally.

Foster saw Clarence Daniels, 62, of Seffner, getting out of his vehicle in the parking lot of the Walmart on Causeway Boulevard and noticed he had a holstered gun under his coat, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.

Foster followed Daniels through the parking lot and into the store, where he approached Daniels from behind, put him in a chokehold and brought him to the ground, deputies said.

The two men briefly struggled, and Foster yelled that Daniels had a gun. Daniels responded that he had a permit to carry it.

Deputies said Foster didn't call 911 or alert store security until after he had attacked Daniels.
View Quote

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2015/1/20/deputies_lithia_man_.html

Video: http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local/2015/01/20/shopper-tackles-man-with-gun-at-wal-mart/22067325/

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh Mr. Foster  Whats his screen name?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#2]
You can't fix stupid.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#3]
"Officials say anyone with concerns regarding someone who is carrying what appears to be a concealed weapon should contact law enforcement."

or you could just mind your own business.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#4]
The idiot is lucky he wasn't shot for his stupidity, if the CCW holder managed to get to his firearm during the altercation.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:58:53 AM EDT
[#5]
That's why you always need to carry a good knife as well as a gun.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#6]
What an idiot!!!  Some folks are just plain stupid.  He's lucky things didn't go terribly wrong for himself or others nearby.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:59:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#8]
OMG LEFT WING NUT BAG WANNA BE SUPER HERO
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting, I wonder why a Baker Act is listed on the assailant's, Michael Foster, arrest report with a date that is just one day after his booking date?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Did Mr. Super Hero even think that just maybe the guy with the concealed gun could of been an off duty cop ?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#11]
After looking at the video it appears more idiotic than I previously thought.

Apparently a group of bystanders assisted in the assault, grabbed the victim's gun, and passed it around.

What the hell was I actually seeing in that video?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I see three, maybe four more people who need to face charges.....
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

And civil suits.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:43:51 AM EDT
[#14]
+1 for good use of Baker act.

Be ready to defend yourselves out there folks!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:45:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And civil suits.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And civil suits.

Isn't holding someone against their will kidnapping?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:07:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Interesting, I wonder why a Baker Act is listed on the assailant's, Michael Foster, arrest report with a date that is just one day after his booking date?
View Quote

I'm a CO in Jacksonville.  I'm willing to be he either said he wanted to hurt himself while in jail or was deemed to have other mental health issues.  It's common for people with MH issues to get Baker Acted by the medical staff here prior to their release from jail.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:08:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And civil suits.

No. It's false imprisonment. Kidnapping has to have other elements on top of false imprisonment.
That said, no SA is going to let you file formal charges for false imprisonment for this incident.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:49:25 AM EDT
[#18]
I see I mighty fine lawsuit in his future
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:43:57 AM EDT
[#19]
The stupid in that video is overwhelming.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And civil suits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And civil suits.

Morgan and Morgan, for the people.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

He probably lost his job due to the arrest and said he wanted to kill himself.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And civil suits.

Close
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The idiot is lucky he wasn't shot for his stupidity, if the CCW holder managed to get to his firearm during the altercation.
View Quote

Agreed. But that would have started a SHIT-storm with the anti-gunners!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And civil suits.

Not unless you "move" them.  Even telling them to get into a closet can be considered kidnapping.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Civil sue for damages and emotional stress, seek criminal charges for false imprisonment and assault.

Id find the slimest lawyer to make it all stick.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#26]
No charges for theft of firearm
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow......
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#28]
It seems to me that when someone is trying to disarm you, that is a serious threat to one's life, and justifies a lethal response.  Didn't we just have a similar case involving LEO and some Dindu in Ferguson MO?  If super hero tried that on someone with better self defense skills he could have easily been killed!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

A gut full of Emerson would have been a life lesson I'd have given him without a seconds hesitation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's why you always need to carry a good knife as well as a gun.

A gut full of Emerson would have been a life lesson I'd have given him without a seconds hesitation.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#30]
His accomplices need to be charged too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:56:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Not unless you "move" them.  Even telling them to get into a closet can be considered kidnapping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And civil suits.

Not entirely true.  Still missing some elements of the crime:

787.01 Kidnapping; kidnapping of child under age 13, aggravating circumstances.—
(1)(a) The term “kidnapping” means forcibly, secretly, or by threat confining, abducting, or imprisoning another person against her or his will and without lawful authority, with intent to:
1. Hold for ransom or reward or as a shield or hostage.
2. Commit or facilitate commission of any felony.
3. Inflict bodily harm upon or to terrorize the victim or another person.
4. Interfere with the performance of any governmental or political function.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:47:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#33]
This is why if open carry was allowed I'd still choose to conceal carry. There are far more nut jobs like this with delusion ideas.  Not to mention the thugs that aren't afraid to jump you so they can aquire that nice gun on your hip. (And let all the keyboard thought talkers start the "what I would do") the element of surprise is a near unbeatable advantage most of the time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably couldn't handle being locked up in general pop and thought telling the CO's he wanted to kill himself would be a good way to get put into protective custody.  

Hint: it is not, if you want to be in PC just ask, by law they have to place you there if you request it, however you are basically asking to be put in solitary and most inmates hate that so they would rather be in general population.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:49:44 AM EDT
[#36]
The assailant, Michael Foster, of 15835 Fish Hawk Falls Dr., Lithia, FL, is on the loose! He was released on a $500 bond at 12:52 AM EST on Sunday 1/25.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Yall be careful down there if you have to return something to Home Depot.
(assuming he still has his job as a customer svc rep)..................................................  

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is why if open carry was allowed I'd still choose to conceal carry. There are far more nut jobs like this with delusion ideas.  Not to mention the thugs that aren't afraid to jump you so they can aquire that nice gun on your hip. (And let all the keyboard thought talkers start the "what I would do") the element of surprise is a near unbeatable advantage most of the time.
View Quote

I'd also stay with CC, but not because I think someone would steal my gun from my hip.  Sure, it could happen, but history shows us that it's not very common; several states have OC already and AFAIK cops carry openly in very large numbers and we don't hear of a rash of guns being stolen from either group.  Most criminals are going for soft targets and will just go for Granny's purse or find an unlocked car/house somewhere to get their guns.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for posting this video. Have not seen it . They should have added theft the moment they took his pistol. add the other 4 as well . I would talk to the prosecutor about that one .
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:07:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Probably couldn't handle being locked up in general pop and thought telling the CO's he wanted to kill himself would be a good way to get put into protective custody.  

Hint: it is not, if you want to be in PC just ask, by law they have to place you there if you request it, however you are basically asking to be put in solitary and most inmates hate that so they would rather be in general population.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol no
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:12:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Was the guy who got tacled black? I couldn't tell, but if he was, could this be a hate crime?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top