Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2014 6:54:41 AM EDT
Orlando, FL - The The New Orlando Gun Show will be held on Dec 20th - 21st, 2014 in Orlando, Florida. This Orlando gun show will be held at the and hosted by New Florida Gun Shows of Florida.

Is this show generally any good? I'm in town for 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#1]
If that is the "new" show that is held over in the banquet hall on John Young Parkway, save your time and cash. It sucks. Been to it twice. Regretted it both times.

Of course, this is opinion.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#2]
The " Real" Orlando Gun show is coming up the weekend of January 3rd

Schedule
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If that is the "new" show that is held over in the banquet hall on John Young Parkway, save your time and cash. It sucks. Been to it twice. Regretted it both times.

Of course, this is opinion.
View Quote

I believe this "new" show is the one at the Orlando Jai Alai in Fern Park.  I haven't been to that one so I don't know how it is.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#4]
All gun shows in FL suck...unless you enjoy overpaying and walking around a room full of fat smelly people and new gun owners who haven't figured out gun shows suck yet.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Schedule
View Quote

I was thinking about going to this one as well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Schedule

Don't go for ammo that is for sure but you can find some deals on firearms.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All gun shows in FL suck...unless you enjoy overpaying and walking around a room full of fat smelly people and new gun owners who haven't figured out gun shows suck yet.
View Quote

This...a lot of fat smelly people in FL for some reason.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This weekend's West Palm Beach show was excellent.

I'm fairly astute at buying firearms as I've been buying them for half a century or so,  and I have gotten some excellent deals at that show.

But although I'm definitely not fat,  I honestly can't attest as to whether or not some individuals might find my aroma offensive.

Gun shows are what you make of them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:59:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm fairly astute at buying firearms as I've been buying them for half a century or so,  and I have gotten some excellent deals at that show.

But although I'm definitely not fat,  I honestly can't attest as to whether or not some individuals might find my aroma offensive.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, don't encourage them; more guns, reloading supplies, and walking space for me...
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Meh, don't encourage them; more guns, reloading supplies, and walking space for me...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reverse psychology....one day when the hordes at FL gunshows finally subside I will reign again
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1 full of dumbasses on both sides of the table around here
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Reverse psychology....one day when the hordes at FL gunshows finally subside I will reign again
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smart strategy indeed.

That's why I never shave, shower, change my underwear and clothing, or brush my teeth for several days before attending a gun show.

The crowd always makes way and "parts" for me  and the dealers usually agree to my offers just to get me the hell away from them.

You all should check it out.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And on the Internet as well.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#14]
I went to the Tampa gun show a few weeks ago and was able to score 1000 rounds of Federal 9mm 115gr for $210 OTD. I found that to be pretty reasonable.

Shoot Straight also had a Remington 700 16.5" Threaded Barrel for $650 OTD, which is cheaper than Buds especially when you factor in the transfer.

It's getting better.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:42:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have the patience to sift through every table for a few deals while being bombarded to buy overpriced sks's and bubba'd mosins. My local show chares $9 to get in and the past few that I've been to (most recently on the 20th) just haven't been worth it. The few companies that I do buy from locally, I'd rather just visit their stores. YMMV

Edit: I was excited when I saw a bcm/mag pup booth on the 20th as I want to add a new kinesthetic key mod grip but the guy only had grey. I nearly bought a bcm gunfighter stock but I'm holding out for fde.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top