Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2014 3:54:37 PM EDT
TALLAHASSEE

Gov. Rick Scott’s transition to a new term suddenly turned rocky Tuesday when he forced the resignation of the longtime leader of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Gerald Bailey, commissioner for nearly a decade, was replaced on an interim basis without explanation by Rick Swearingen, director of the Capitol Police.

Bailey’s resignation followed a mid-morning visit to FDLE headquarters by Scott’s general counsel, Pete Antonacci, who did not respond to a request for comment.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article4536223.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article4536223.html

FDLE has had a number of issues and it is interesting to see Bailey suddenly sacked.

Word is he sacked the Department of Corrections Director too.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Very interesting.

Explains some things that I heard this week.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Very interesting.

View Quote

Check your IM

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very interesting.

View Quote

Do tell!
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes tell the rest of us.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I know nothing major or hidden, don't worry.

apparently, to those in the know, this was something foretold since the election.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top