Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2014 6:27:05 PM EDT
Remind me, are short barreled rifles legal for hunting in FL? Any restrictions?
I know MGs aren't allowed and suppressors were just allowed but don't recall anything about SBRs.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Remind me, are short barreled rifles legal for hunting in FL? Any restrictions?
I know MGs aren't allowed and suppressors were just allowed but don't recall anything about SBRs.
View Quote

Last i checked it was good to go. Just so long as it was centerfire/shell/rimfire for the appropriate game. I'll let you know. I plan to use my SBR 300 blackout here in a few weeks. If I post from the wardens office you'll know something is up
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:32:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking they were on the prohibited list with MGs and silencer equipped firearms (silencers now legal) but I haven't found it yet. If they are legal I might go shorter than 16" on my 300BO.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
i believe you are allowed to hunt hog on private property with an sbr, but nothing on public land.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i believe you are allowed to hunt hog on private property with an sbr, but nothing on public land.
View Quote

There are no hunting regulations that speak to SBR or SBS. They are legal (of course you have to follow the 5 round limit, etc., etc.)
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There are no hunting regulations that speak to SBR or SBS. They are legal (of course you have to follow the 5 round limit, etc., etc.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

brboyer has it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

brboyer has it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

brboyer has it.

Correct I confirmed with FWC Council a few weeks ago.  No restrictions just limit to 5 rounds and have your proof of legal ownership on you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you're right, my bad, sorry op. i was thinking about suppressors. until the recent change suppressors were only allowed
on private property, and only for some animals (ie hogs, not deer).

sorry for the confusion.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:46:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Correct I confirmed with FWC Council a few weeks ago.  No restrictions just limit to 5 rounds and have your proof of legal ownership on you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

brboyer has it.

5 round limit is on Public land only?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

brboyer has it.

If hunting anything other than hogs on private property, the 5 round magazine rule (you can actually have 6 rounds in the gun) is the law State-wide .

Keep in mind that GFC officers hear the "I'm hunting hogs, not deer" story all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top