Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2014 2:21:27 AM EDT
fifteen bucks is hard to swallow and hour. per person, plus membership, plus paying 5 bucks for paper targets.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:05:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
fifteen bucks is hard to swallow and hour. per person, plus membership, plus paying 5 bucks for paper targets.
View Quote

Where did you go?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Shoot Straight in WPB is $12 for pistol -
Bring your own target and ammo.
I've never been chased away after an hour, I usually stay a while.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Markham Park is $10, rifle and pistol, 15-100yds

Delray Shooting Center is $15 for pistol with your ammo, unlimited time as long as there is no one waiting.

Buying targets in bulk from Amazon or other places will save you a good amount of money too.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#4]
You really need to drive north to enjoy much outdoor shooting. I can barely throw a football down here without hitting a house or a store yet alone shoot a gun.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot Straight in WPB is $12 for pistol -
Bring your own target and ammo.
I've never been chased away after an hour, I usually stay a while.
View Quote

It's a clean, friendly range and the employees keep their eyes open for safety issues.

An annual membership is 250 bucks and ladies shoot free on Monday's.

Cheap enough.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:06:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#8]
If you are going to make the drive..... http://okcorralgunclub.com/   this is the place. Slower during the week. Stay as long as you like, food is great, at least one of their employees is a great looking, kind, multi millionaire, knowledgeable, 6'3" 285 lbs. of muscle, tier 1 instructor with cat like Ninja reflexes........

some of the above info is factual.......some is best used as fertilizer........
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you are going to make the drive..... http://okcorralgunclub.com/   this is the place. Slower during the week. Stay as long as you like, food is great, at least one of their employees is a great looking, kind, multi millionaire, knowledgeable, 6'3" 285 lbs. of muscle, tier 1 instructor with cat like Ninja reflexes........

some of the above info is factual.......some is best used as fertilizer........
View Quote

Michele R is hot.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Define hot.......and she aint the only one there.........
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I like me some OK Corral.  Good food and you can shoot all day plus sporting clays.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#12]
the best place I have found in the state

http://okshooting.com/
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#13]
malabar

this is actually the best place but its way north for most of us in So FLA.   I am a member there also.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Malabar is great. Just a good bit of a drive. OK Corral is fantastic for around here. Nothing like it I can find. However last time I was there (3 weeks ago) the price for the Competition Park went from $20/day to $35/day plus tax = $37.50. Rent a cart and you're talking $50. The RO's were having a meeting as I was leaving and I overheard the static firing line ranges are going up too. Still one hell of a good place. And I agree about the food!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Depending on how far south you are or are willing to drive Henry's range is on the red lands, 20 bucks to shoot all day and they have a 100 yard range as well as pistol range with steel targets.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Malabar is great. Just a good bit of a drive. OK Corral is fantastic for around here. Nothing like it I can find. However last time I was there (3 weeks ago) the price for the Competition Park went from $20/day to $35/day plus tax = $37.50. Rent a cart and you're talking $50. The RO's were having a meeting as I was leaving and I overheard the static firing line ranges are going up too. Still one hell of a good place. And I agree about the food!
View Quote

Plus gas....No thanks
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:38:31 PM EDT
[#17]
No great options for SWFL shooting, and even fewer for mid to long range.

LouLand is ok for a pistol or 100yd range. I've been once and that was enough for me.

Manatee- good for 1k, but 2hrs away from Naples. It's the only LR facility in SFL that I know of. Deltona is another one up north, but it's not open all of the time (LR) portion.
manatee

Cecil Webb-limited to 200yds, and often crowded. This could be a great place if they would extend the width of the rifle range as well as extend the range distance. The geography allows for it, and it could generate some serious income if they could limit the risk of shooters flying the berm.

cecil webb

Okeechobee limits their 500yd mid range to during the week so they're pretty much a non-option for me.

I hope to make it to Port Malabar to a F class match early next year. I've heard it's nice, but I'm limited on how often I'll make 4hr drives for matches.

If I could just find land to shoot 5-800 within an hour of Naples I'd be quite content.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Plus gas....No thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus gas....No thanks

Same thought here.

If I'm gonna drive that far into the state, I'll keep on going to my boss's farm in Arcadia and shoot for free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top