Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/28/2014 11:01:57 PM EDT

doing my absentee.  

so the nra gives pam bondie an A?? WTF
http://www.examiner.com/article/florida-attorney-general-pam-bondi-fights-against-gun-rights
I guess sometimes it is more of a bianary rating between an ambivalent supporter and a full on anti.

Also, "lesser of two evils" (R) or "throw vote away" (3rd party) in a longer term strategy to move FL R towards liberty??

Thinking on just "throwing my vote away" this time b/c w/ medical MJ on the ballot, i dont' think there is much of a chance in hell that Scott, Bondie and various ther Rs will win.  Yeah its scary.  Sucks but the R shoudl have accepted the fact that the majorty is grown tired of sending men w/ guns around to police weed and been the first to get behind medical MJ.  Of course, medical MJ won't end the war on drugs in FL but it is a step.  Lets just hope its a sign that americans are growing skeptical at the notino of using violence to enfore victimless crimes, which is a good thing for us gun owners long term.

anwayway, any other info about some of the other offices such as soil & water, comissionaer of and the amendments??
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Florida Arfcom is voting straight R and NO on all ammendments unless you are a doper/commie.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Florida Arfcom is voting straight R and NO on all ammendments unless you are a doper/commie.
View Quote

Your speaking for all Fl members are you? Tell you what, how about you speak and vote for yourself. I'm voting Crist, THEN STRAIGHT R. No on 2. I do hope people that support public safety employees understand that scott has attacked our pay and benefits. If you make public safety jobs "paycheck jobs" your not gonna get the same caliber people in them. You might not care now but you will when you need to call 911 one day.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:55:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe you should find another profession if your basing you gov vote on something that only benefit a small %(or lack there of) instead of what's better for FL.
But at least you have balls & can admit your voting for C...A lot here I bet are & will never say it.

I voted all R & all no Sunday.  Also to out all the judges in my area. The polling place was empty.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#4]
so the majority here is really voting no on 2? Really?  
W/ all the rampant swat raids to collect drug evidence,
people getting forcibly probed either on the road side or in a hospital,
asset forfeiture,
fucking swat teams raiding okra gardens,
drugs dogs effectively being used as an arbitrary end run around the 4th,
95% of sneek and peek search warrants, originally justified only for fighting terrorisn, being used in drug investigations,
the US having 25% of the worlds prison population most of it WOD related.  

The continuance of the WOD only serves the interests of:
-opiod mfgs
-law enforcement/prison interest
-narco gangs.

How could any reasonable or moral person NOT want to try to curtail the WOD?  This, our second failed experiment in prohibition.  Drugs are a moral/spiritual problem w/ a moral spiritual solution, not a "send men w/ guns against people who do things I find icky/scary" solution.

I know freedom is a little scary bros, but are you really willing to continue trading you freedom out of fear of the smelly hippy/jazz musician boogie man

Just ask youself this:
Is is better for me if gov has more laws use to stop, question, search, raid hassel me, or less?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I mostly need help w/ judge retention.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Your speaking for all Fl members are you? Tell you what, how about you speak and vote for yourself. I'm voting Crist, THEN STRAIGHT R. No on 2. I do hope people that support public safety employees understand that scott has attacked our pay and benefits. If you make public safety jobs "paycheck jobs" your not gonna get the same caliber people in them. You might not care now but you will when you need to call 911 one day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crist is a Democrat and a gun grabber. You keep your 911 and I will Keep my guns.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

man, be honest, most city type jobs have much better pay, job security, benefits and congenial factors even after having been "attacked" by R. Ultimately public compensations packages are not fiscally sustainable.  Especailly the whole business of your retirement being based on your last year's pay where everyone is allowed to get mad overtime out of all proportion to the rest of their carrerr. Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

man, be honest, most city type jobs have much better pay, job security, benefits and congenial factors even after having been "attacked" by R. Ultimately public compensations packages are not fiscally sustainable.  Especailly the whole business of your retirement being based on your last year's pay where everyone is allowed to get mad overtime out of all proportion to the rest of their carrerr. Sorry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no idea what your talking about.  Your verbage sounds the regurgitate tea party swill. You can PM me and i can tell you exactly may pay, benefits and insurance.  Youll ask why the hell i stay doing what i do.the guys that are retired years ago are the ones that made out like bandits, and they are still the "examples" people fighting to cut benefits use. I make 30% less then they did at the same point in their career. Ad that that housing, food, fuel, ect. Cost more today then compared to their earning. their are guys in my department now with promoted ranks leaving to go work for ups and jet blue to make more money. And i work for the 4th largest fire department in the state.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Edit. Just vote what best suits you
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my friend said the same thing,  I barely make much, but my rights are worth more than a pay cut. You could always vote for the 3rd party, but no way in hell will I vote for Crist. He wants to repeal stand your ground and wants to limit mags etc. the hell with him. He used to stand up for gun rights, but him joining the other side went full tilt the other way.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Florida Carry, was saying all the 5th DCA judges running for relection should be retained. was not clear if they felt the same way for the 1st DCA. They said only some of the levels have cases internet searchable and they had to search newspapers a lot.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
asset forfeiture,
95% of sneek and peek search warrants, originally justified only for fighting terrorisn, being used in drug investigations,

-opiod mfgs
-narco gangs.

How could any reasonable or moral person NOT want to try to curtail the WOD?  This, our second failed experiment in prohibition.  Drugs are a moral/spiritual problem w/ a moral spiritual solution, not a "send men w/ guns against people who do things I find icky/scary" solution.

I know freedom is a little scary bros, but are you really willing to continue trading you freedom out of fear of the smelly hippy/jazz musician boogie man

Just ask youself this:
Is is better for me if gov has more laws use to stop, question, search, raid hassel me, or less?
View Quote

You know this is about MEDICAL Marijuana right?  We are not talking about legalizing pot across the board------or is medical marijuana code for legal across the board? From the way you spell I'm guessing it's code.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Medical marijuana may be seen as the first step to legalization.
But so be it. The WOD is a colossal failure and needs to be changed.
Legalize it, tax it, control it. End of story.
I am voting for it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like FPNI......only commies and dopers  supporting 2 and Crist.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I voted for it not because I had a great time throughout high school and college, I voted for it because seeing my uncle, close friends, and other family members go through chemotherapy. They would smoke a little pot just to be able to get the urge to eat and try to keep it down. Once chemo was done and successful, they stopped smoking.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Vote no on 1!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
+1

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

asset forfeiture,

-opiod mfgs

-narco gangs.

Just ask youself this:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#19]
You know every active ingredient in POT can be synthesized right?? There's no need to make real POT legal for medical use.  It's all a lie.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You know every active ingredient in POT can be synthesized right?? There's no need to make real POT legal for medical use.  It's all a lie.
View Quote

there's no need to send men w/ guns out running around raiding people's okra garden w/ the swat team and kicing in doors and saying either they or theri dog smelled MJ so they can detain you for hours on end tear your car apart b/c you didn't fawn like puppy for having to prove your innocence to them.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You have no idea what your talking about.  Your verbage sounds the regurgitate tea party swill. You can PM me and i can tell you exactly may pay, benefits and insurance.  Youll ask why the hell i stay doing what i do.the guys that are retired years ago are the ones that made out like bandits, and they are still the "examples" people fighting to cut benefits use. I make 30% less then they did at the same point in their career. Ad that that housing, food, fuel, ect. Cost more today then compared to their earning. their are guys in my department now with promoted ranks leaving to go work for ups and jet blue to make more money. And i work for the 4th largest fire department in the state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hey, I don't know the details of your situation and was speaking in generalization and i apprecaite your input.  I guess you are saying that things use to be unreasonable and out of proportion tot he "private sector" but that now things are sucky like for most of  the rest of us
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm voting straight R and yes on 2. I figure if all of the Dumbocrats are stoned next November, they will forget to vote.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Florida Carry, was saying all the 5th DCA judges running for relection should be retained. was not clear if they felt the same way for the 1st DCA. They said only some of the levels have cases internet searchable and they had to search newspapers a lot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is good info, I was wondering what to vote on judges as well.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Pretty much have to vote R across the board. It's the lesser of two evils. As much as I'd like too, I can't vote yes on Amendment 2. Not that I'm against the issue, just don't like the amendment as written. Nor do I like some of the other things that will come with it into the state. Plus if Morgan likes it, that's almost enough reason for me to not like it, even before doing some research.

At this point though I'm resigned to probably having Crist in office again and whatever else happens.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:07:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

hey, I don't know the details of your situation and was speaking in generalization and i apprecaite your input.  I guess you are saying that things use to be unreasonable and out of proportion tot he "private sector" but that now things are sucky like for most of  the rest of us
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a cop and on FRS (state retirement) and we get very little OT.  We sign an agreement when we're hired that we get comp time in lieu of OT.  Even then we are "salary" and have to work over 171 hours in a 28 day period to accrue any comp time.  The OT we do get is if an emergency happens like hurricanes or some planned special event that results in money for OT being authorized.   FRS is actually one of the top retirement systems in the US for being financially sound and the legislation that created it was well written.  It requires the plans investments to be diversified.  For the record where I work is also non-union/non-collective bargaining.

Aside from the fact that a state can draw from its taxpayers if needed to meet its obligations, the FRS system is well funded. In fact, for about a decade, the FRS Pension Plan was overfunded, and has only dropped below 100% through the financial crisis, as shown in Figure 2. This is quite impressive considering the extreme shock to Florida’s real estate market, and given the fact that with no income tax the indirect reliance on property taxes for balancing the state budget is magnified. Only New York had a higher funded ratio of its state retirement system than Florida in 2012, and even so the difference was a mere 1%. In addition, Florida’s unfunded liability per capita was far below that of New York’s—$1,050 vs. $2,412—and well below the national average of $2,882. Assuming the continuing recovery of financial markets (which has been strong) and the continuing recovery of real estate markets (which has been sluggish), Florida could presumably get this ratio back above 100% soon (http://www.bebr.ufl.edu/articles/economic-analysis/florida-retirement-system-poster-child-state-government-budgeting).

What Scott, Haridopolis, Gaetz, Wetherford and others did was vilify public workers.  Florida has amongst the lowest pay for LE/Fire/EMS on the public safety side compared to other states of our size and population.  The retirement was never a secret, it was usually the first benefit listed in any public advertisement for jobs, because it was an off-set to the pay.  In a bit of strange history, the state retirement system has its roots in the laws that made Florida a right to work state, and actually lessened the power and need for unions.  

I live in a conservative area in Florida, we vote republican.  There are a lot of people that won't be doing that this time.  The misinformation and propaganda spread by members on the republican side saw to that.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:31:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Crist is a Democrat and a gun grabber. You keep your 911 and I will Keep my guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bam!

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:46:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm a cop and on FRS (state retirement) and we get very little OT.  We sign an agreement when we're hired that we get comp time in lieu of OT.  Even then we are "salary" and have to work over 171 hours in a 28 day period to accrue any comp time.  The OT we do get is if an emergency happens like hurricanes or some planned special event that results in money for OT being authorized.   FRS is actually one of the top retirement systems in the US for being financially sound and the legislation that created it was well written.  It requires the plans investments to be diversified.  For the record where I work is also non-union/non-collective bargaining.

Aside from the fact that a state can draw from its taxpayers if needed to meet its obligations, the FRS system is well funded. In fact, for about a decade, the FRS Pension Plan was overfunded, and has only dropped below 100% through the financial crisis, as shown in Figure 2. This is quite impressive considering the extreme shock to Florida’s real estate market, and given the fact that with no income tax the indirect reliance on property taxes for balancing the state budget is magnified. Only New York had a higher funded ratio of its state retirement system than Florida in 2012, and even so the difference was a mere 1%. In addition, Florida’s unfunded liability per capita was far below that of New York’s—$1,050 vs. $2,412—and well below the national average of $2,882. Assuming the continuing recovery of financial markets (which has been strong) and the continuing recovery of real estate markets (which has been sluggish), Florida could presumably get this ratio back above 100% soon (http://www.bebr.ufl.edu/articles/economic-analysis/florida-retirement-system-poster-child-state-government-budgeting).

What Scott, Haridopolis, Gaetz, Wetherford and others did was vilify public workers.  Florida has amongst the lowest pay for LE/Fire/EMS on the public safety side compared to other states of our size and population.  The retirement was never a secret, it was usually the first benefit listed in any public advertisement for jobs, because it was an off-set to the pay.  In a bit of strange history, the state retirement system has its roots in the laws that made Florida a right to work state, and actually lessened the power and need for unions.  

I live in a conservative area in Florida, we vote republican.  There are a lot of people that won't be doing that this time.  The misinformation and propaganda spread by members on the republican side saw to that.
View Quote

I was enticed to move to Florida due to the low cost of living and relatively large firearms freedom. Crist stands to increase the cost of living and reduce firearms freedom. I wouldn't vote for him even if he was offering me a free retirement plan (I don't have one at my job).
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:44:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Bam!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bam!

2 more with grandiose idea's of "what I would do". Love seeing those guy's sob like babies when faced with real danger. They usually panic and call 911 very quickly. love all the keyboard tough talkers.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:08:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Just curious here.  Is med marijuana still a violation of fed law, even if you have a prescription or license to manufacture from the state?

I'm curious because if this were to pass and that were the case, any one of us who used it would be ineligible to purchase a firearm under strict interpretation.  Couldn't pass the 4473...
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

The problem with that is that it makes the drug expensive and out of the hands

of many that need it.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

of many that need it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

of many that need it.

Teenage kids and young adults would also save money on all the extra burritos. hot pockets and cheetos they buy.

Those that "need it" seem to have no problem buying it, seeing as how insurance doesn't cover medical marijuana.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Teenage kids and young adults would also save money on all the extra burritos. hot pockets and cheetos they buy.

Those that "need it" seem to have no problem buying it, seeing as how insurance doesn't cover medical marijuana.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

of many that need it.

They have to be worried about being locked up though.

So someone will make money off them needlessly either way.

I was not talking about kids either.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

of many that need it.

It'd stop your Dem voter bleed off to the Libertarian if you vote yes on 2.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I was enticed to move to Florida due to the low cost of living and relatively large firearms freedom. Crist stands to increase the cost of living and reduce firearms freedom. I wouldn't vote for him even if he was offering me a free retirement plan (I don't have one at my job).
View Quote

I came for firearm freedoms too...though cost of living isn't dramatically different from NY where I am. I'll be voting straight R and yes and medical marijuana. Unfortunately Scott isn't 100% pro freedom but guns are my primary voting issue.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

2 more with grandiose idea's of "what I would do". Love seeing those guy's sob like babies when faced with real danger. They usually panic and call 911 very quickly. love all the keyboard tough talkers.

View Quote
Wow.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I came for firearm freedoms too...though cost of living isn't dramatically different from NY where I am. I'll be voting straight R and yes and medical marijuana. Unfortunately Scott isn't 100% pro freedom but guns are my primary voting issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately, it looks like Miami is starting to run Florida the same way NYC runs New York. If Crist wins, I think I will have to start greasing the wheels up and looking for a new home again. I don't want to live in a humid and flat version of NY.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is in fact EXACTLY how I voted earlier today, could not agree more.  Screw the dopers and Commies!
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:15:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Looks like we got someone in here selling out their freedom for the price of a paycheck.  Typical union mindset.

Sorry, but I call it like I see it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:55:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Looks like we got someone in here selling out their freedom for the price of a paycheck.  Typical union mindset.

View Quote

Are you talking about me? Since you call it like you see it and all.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:07:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Screw Crist
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That is in fact EXACTLY how I voted earlier today, could not agree more.  Screw the dopers and Commies!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

America thanks you.

Yeah, I speak on behalf of all America too.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or me? When you start paying my bills I'll vote how best suits you. Otherwise stfu. Call it like I see it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#43]
States with the best State Pensions?

Rhode Island

New York

Connecticut

Massachusetts.

I know what direction Scott is  trying to lead us. Can anyone say what direction CC will try to take us?

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bam!

I'm just agreeing that unfortunately your pay and benefits are simply NOT worth me voting for this slimey piece of shit gun grabbing pinko asshole. The guy is despicable. I wouldn't vote for him if he promised to send me a thousand dollar check every month.

Furthermore, your view of people defending themselves is troubling. It's not about being a "tough guy" instead of calling 911. In the real world people don't have the luxury of waiting minutes for cops to show up and save them. I don't have to beg someone over the phone to send some other guy with a gun five miles away to come save me when I have my own gun on my hip.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I voted straight R and no to 2. I was torn on the MJ issue though.

I'll vote for my rights over mine or someone else's paycheck any day of the week. If you don't feel you are being fairly compensated for your job, do what the rest of us do and go get another one or go get a second job.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just curious here.  Is med marijuana still a violation of fed law, even if you have a prescription or license to manufacture from the state?

I'm curious because if this were to pass and that were the case, any one of us who used it would be ineligible to purchase a firearm under strict interpretation.  Couldn't pass the 4473...
View Quote

When the law passed in colorado, the ATF said that it was a violation of federal law to use and have firearms. would think it is the same. but don't hold me to it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:11:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

In my area I mostly found articles about the left being really pissed about their appointments. I took that as a good sign.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Or me? When you start paying my bills I'll vote how best suits you. Otherwise stfu. Call it like I see it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

When the law passed in colorado, the ATF said that it was a violation of federal law to use and have firearms. would think it is the same. but don't hold me to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought they were doing the same in California.
It almost sounded like their way to go out and grab a bunch of guns from people, but then it disappeared from the news.
This does seem like a possible back door that one sneaky rat politician would use.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Saw Crist on Flashpoint this morning, he wants to ban all high capacity magazines. As a county employee with state retirement I was personally effected by Scott too, but I'll take him over losing my right to firearm related stuff!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top